KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

It lists a multitude of different competitions. It boils down to four categories:

GUN GAMES

MELEE MAYHEM

PHYSICAL TRIALS

KNOWLEDGE CHALLENGES

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 02:51 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Well I can already tell where Xavier is looking, Melee and physical trials big grin

I don't suppose Xavier could organize a group of pilots to gather around him and fly down in a mob to help discourage people from flying near them! stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 02:56 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That will require a Leadership roll from Mr. Kolarn.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 03:15 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Could I use Intimidation to force people to help me down instead?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 03:16 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Only if you are threatening to shoot them down.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 03:22 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ok Xavier will try a Leadership roll and see how it goes.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 03:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It would be helpful if Xavier had Leadership.

(That's more Galder's thing)

Without the skill, coordinating an effort like that would be hopeless.

"I can do it for you if you need me to," Trax says, frowning.

"The old prune can do something you can't," Xorn says. "That's sad."

"Hush, or you'll encourage him to do something stupid."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 04:28 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

How dare they talk to us like

"Very well Trax do your thing," Xavier says before adding. "Xorn mock us again and you'll become very acquainted with the cold of space."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 17th, 2012 05:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Good luck with that," Xorn says with a mocking smile.

Trax will take the controls! This is more his thing than yours, just as stabbing people with laser swords is more your thing than his. He guides the New Beginning down toward the planet, and pulls some maneuvers that would make you queasy... and then you have entered the atmosphere and are landing in a great open field where everyone is putting their ships down.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 08:45 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

We really hate Xorn

"Agreed," Xavier says through clutched teeth as Trax does his maneuvers down.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 11:16 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Trax finally settles the ship into the field, firing a warning shot to get people to clear away from the spot he's chosen. And he needs quite a large area for your freighter.

"This thing handles like a dead space slug," Trax complains as he puts the landing gear down and powers off the ship. "We're down, at least."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 07:15 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"It handles well enough Trax it has gotten us out of some tight spots."

Xavier stands up from his seat. "Well let's go see what the outside looks like.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 19th, 2012 07:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Outside, everyone in the landing field is trickling among the ships toward what appears to be a great walled city that you saw from space. As is often the case anywhere in the Outer Rim, there are all sorts of species and professions represented in the crowd around you... predominantly violent professions, though. Lots of gunslingers and sellswords and the like.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 05:04 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

this seems to be our kind of place

"You mean your kind of place," Xavier says. He will then go out and find where to register for the fight.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 03:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You follow the trickling crowd toward the urban center. You pass what must the starport, with its docking bays crammed full of a variety of ships and lights flashing warnings that there is nowhere to park.

Passing it, you enter the busy streets at the fringe of the city. The streets are crowded with joyous people dancing about and drinking and such, with banners and streamers and ribbons strewn all over the place. It takes you some time, but eventually you reach the high walls that separate the Great Competition's grounds from the rest of the city.

The entrance is a high archway that people are moving through slowly, being checked in to the Competition. A hologram displaying numbers indicates that they are nearing their limit of competitors for the day...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:24 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier looks over to Xorn, "We need to get past all of these people."

Xavier will start to break his way to the front of the line, using his Intimidation skill to good use.

"Everyone out of our way"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:28 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Rawr! Xavier pushes his way toward the front and tries to scare someone into giving up their spot for him and his "friends."

Due the physical nature of this situation, it will be Strength + Intimidation to shunt people out of the way and get no resistance.

You get four successes; that seems to do the trick. People step out of your way, not wanting to be thrown to the ground like some of the first people you bump into.

Xorn and Trax follow silently, with Xorn throwing out the occasional glare to anyone who appears to be thinking about challenging you.

This gets you toward the front and near the high archway.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:37 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier faintly hears his Master's scolding voice in his head. It becomes harder and harder to hear each passing day.

Master Cabas had never been one to shy away from using Intimidation if need be but not with such disregard for people.

This is a different time a different place, we have no choice Xavier. We need the supplies. Besides it's a chance to fight a chance to let everything you've been feeling out on somebody who probably deserves it.

Xavier continues forward, "Where do we sign up at?"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 05:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The entrance itself is commanded by a man in uniform- an official from the Competition- and a couple of mean-looking armed thugs.

"Name, please?" asks the official when you approach.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 06:09 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Vandom Darfur" Xavier answers still reluctant to give his real name out.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 25th, 2012 06:13 PM