KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Just how powerful is galactus?

Just how powerful is galactus?
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bouboumaster

He has a pimp gun that put him over Eternity and Death. Without it, he's below.

Also, he's far more powerful that skyfathers, since the only thing they can do is knocking themselves on him.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 01:24 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
lol, not going to get into a feat war. We know he fluctuates, but the forum acts like they're defined levels, and the question in the OP kind of presupposes that they're defined as well. That's what I was speaking against.

Right, but how else would you debate on the character? If you were debating with Pr for example and his position was Superman could beat Galactus...well, yes he could, given proper circumstances.

But what circumstances? We almost have no choice but to impose defined levels.

Otherwise every thread would be like "how hungry is Galactus"
"xx could beat Galactus if he were starving" etc. etc.

I know you're speaking against defined levels, what I'm arguing is that "forum Galactus" is not the same as "comic Galactus." And it doesn't have anything to do with picking high feats vs. low feats. It's acknowledging the context of the story; he's hungry or whatever.

In a forum battle, Galactus can get hungry/near death to the point where strange can cripple him, etc. But to throw up those scans as some kind of low showing is irrelevant because the battle doesn't start with G in that state. I argue that they only get relevant if the debater successfully supports his position that x character can wear Galactus down during the battle to the same point where Thor can bring him to his knees with a single hammer strike; i.e., when he's near death.

But a lot of posters don't get that. That's why I think for debating purposes there are defined levels.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Last edited by Power Cosmic II on Oct 18th, 2011 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 02:25 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalanOfTaa
Power incarnate!

Originally posted by Digi
Like I said, it's mostly a construction of the forum community. There's 1-2 obscure, vague feats that people have extrapolated into meaning way too much for the sake of a shared vocabulary on the forums. Be careful with such things.

Like the Eternity comment that was mentioned. One idle comment about a character with decades of history, and it's become a full-on power level for Galactus on the forums. We know he can fluctuate somewhat, we do have evidence of that in spades, but if anyone tells you exactly where Galactus is power-wise at certain sustenance levels, they're deluding themselves. There are not concrete levels, and likely far less deviation between his best and worst than most would state.

A Galactus with no regards for the universal consonance has been shown to be able to devour the OMNIVERSE (reality). On a side note, he has also retconned the universe.
Universe is synonymous for Eternity, minus Galactus, who is not part of it.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
He has a pimp gun that put him over Eternity and Death. Without it, he's below.

Also, he's far more powerful that skyfathers, since the only thing they can do is knocking themselves on him.

The without it part is irrelevant, since it is as much part of him as his heart itself.
Lold at the last sentence laughing

Old Post Nov 19th, 2011 03:34 PM
GalanOfTaa is currently offline Click here to Send GalanOfTaa a Private Message Find more posts by GalanOfTaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

We have never seen Galactus at full power/full potential, so it is hard to say

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 28th, 2011 09:42 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cpd12589

Originally posted by the Darkone
Hungry: High Cube being level

Well fed: Equal or Superior with Cosmic Abstracts, like Celestials, Chaos and Order

Full Power: Eternity Level, which has been stated in comics.

No Pis involve Galactus should be one of the most powerful being in the Universe, period.

Totally agree. Full powered Galactus is equal to Eternity. Of course Eternity would out last him but he's still at that level when he's fully powered up.

With the Ultimate Nullifier Galactus is even more powerful than Eternity level beings but of course still below the Infinity Gaunlet.

Last edited by cpd12589 on Mar 24th, 2012 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 04:56 AM
cpd12589 is currently offline Click here to Send cpd12589 a Private Message Find more posts by cpd12589 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Hungry - Trans Tier
Well Fed - Mid Skyfather
Full Power-Slightly Above Skyfather

Sounds accurate. thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 06:03 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So the Celestials he punked were slightly above skyfather? I'm sorry, but those guys beat Franklin wink

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 09:49 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

A well fed Galactua seems to be implied above a Celestial.

But I still put him in that category.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 04:07 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Bentley
So the Celestials he punked were slightly above skyfather? I'm sorry, but those guys beat Franklin wink

I should have made my sarcasm much more scathing.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 04:11 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ah, made a headbutt reference next time embarrasment

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 09:27 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote