KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Putting it that way makes it sound like this whole Gematsu whatever isn't as invalid or discredited as people seem to think it was after Lucina's reveal. I didn't even hear of it until then, and the only currently unconfirmed character I particularly want to see is Shulk (though my favorite character was always Dunban, but Shulk is up there too, and the Monado is kick-ass weapon). Granted, it also makes Lucina's addition even more forced really.

So yeah, if people don't like the word 'waste' I won't use it, but she's definitely still a benchwarmer excuse of an addition for her playstyle, regardless of whatever ****ing gender she is. Robin doesn't interest me much, but s/he at least has a niftier approach.

The Gematsu thing may have been real at the time but just had outdated info; hence Chrom being listed but it got everything else right for the most part besides Fire Emblem characters. You don't just guess like Wii Fit Trainer and get it right (no one was literally expecting her). Goes to show how a roster for such a game can always be subject to change even if it was "leaked" months prior. That said, I think some other surprises will probably still be in store, so I'm glad Gematsu got knocked off its high horse in that sense.

Out of who was left on the list though, Shulk's the one I would want the most too even though he's not a favorite of mine either. A Rhythm Heaven character on the other hand, lol no thanks, but it may still happen anyway.

Agree on the rest too. Who knows though, I may end up enjoying using Lucina anyway, but poor Roy fans. lol

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 12:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by NemeBro
Yes.

The character's name starts with "G" and rhymes with cannon dwarf.

What gives you this idea? They're still at least 13 more characters to be revealed. It's very likely Ganondorf will be one of them.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Agree on the rest too. Who knows though, I may end up enjoying using Lucina anyway, but poor Roy fans. lol

From what I've seen, most of Roy's popularity comes from him being in Melee anyway. People that have actually played his Fire Emblem game don't like him and consider him one of the worst FE lords.

Last edited by KCJ506 on Jul 21st, 2014 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 01:01 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Hector is the Smash Lord that we need, but not the one that we deserve.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 01:13 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

The Gematsu thing may have been real at the time but just had outdated info; hence Chrom being listed but it got everything else right for the most part besides Fire Emblem characters.

Yeah, that's a plausible way of looking at it, especially since I read somewhere that seemed to say that the information on the leak may have mentioned Chrom in a way that actually didn't imply him being playable, just that he'd appear. Of course, that can also be equally interpreted as grasping at straws, but as inherently skeptical as I am for any leak, it's like you said; You don't just 'guess' someone like the Wii Fit Trainer and lose ALL credibility now that the details for Robin and Lucina and the nature of their inclusion are a lot more clear. Especially considering Sakurai seems to have had comment or knowledge on it, at least none that I've seen yet.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 01:20 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Hector is the Smash Lord that we need, but not the one that we deserve.

Hi. smile

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 06:17 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Hello.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 05:21 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Hector's Final Smash would just throw his axe into the ground, grab someone and just punch them in the face while the shockwaves of each punch damages the other fighters.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 04:57 PM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

So... Meta Knight is back. Long live the most powerful being in the universe.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 12:53 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
So... Meta Knight is back. Long live the most powerful being in the universe.
You talking about Yoshi?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 01:51 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'm actually considering not buying the game now that I know MK is in it. If he comes back, and Ganondorf doesn't, I'm just not going to buy it.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 01:53 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

(please log in to view the image)

Have faith, Shin. I know how you feel, but consider the fact that they're likely not going to reveal every character before release. You have to leave something for the players to earn, after all.

Although, I don't give ass cheeks about MK either. If anyone deserves to be in Smash (other than him) It's Banjo-F**KING-Kazooie!!!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 02:28 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Sacred 117

Have faith, Shin. I know how you feel, but consider the fact that they're likely not going to reveal every character before release. You have to leave something for the players to earn, after all.

Although, I don't give ass cheeks about MK either. If anyone deserves to be in Smash (other than him) It's Banjo-F**KING-Kazooie!!!

I'd love Banjo in SSB. Too bad stupid Microsoft bought Rareware....

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 02:44 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'd love Banjo in SSB. Too bad stupid Microsoft bought Rareware....

F**k yeah, man! Your concurrence is much appreciated. Two arms, brother!

Seriously, the connection is so obvious. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone, but as people who practically 'Conker-ed' the world (LOL, bad pun is bad), I can't help be feel they would be better off had it stayed that way.

I wish they would get the f**king message! The world needs them again so they can do great things like they used to do (starting with Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion in Smash). It makes too much sense, which is why it pains me so to not see it happen. Because I've been a lifelong fan of both of these things...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 03:39 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

I would say Conker should go in SSB too.... but children probably don't want to see a squirrel pissing on Princess Peach.

I'd love the reappearance of Banjo and Kazzoie but if they dish out aother game with Dissmal character Designs like that in Nuts & Bolts it might be better if they stay... in the past.

But if they could make a sequel worthy of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. The wolrd would be that more awesome. Plus imagine the Special Attacks for them: B = Kazzoie Peckthing (you know: ERR-ERR-ER), Side+B = Shoot Egg, Up+B = Kazzoie Special Jump (forget the name), Down+B = Kazzoie Drill.

They suit it so well.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 03:51 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I would say Conker should go in SSB too.... but children probably don't want to see a squirrel pissing on Princess Peach.

I'd love the reappearance of Banjo and Kazzoie but if they dish out aother game with Dissmal character Designs like that in Nuts & Bolts it might be better if they stay... in the past.

But if they could make a sequel worthy of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. The wolrd would be that more awesome. Plus imagine the Special Attacks for them: B = Kazzoie Peckthing (you know: ERR-ERR-ER), Side+B = Shoot Egg, Up+B = Kazzoie Special Jump (forget the name), Down+B = Kazzoie Drill.

They suit it so well.

Given the reek of fanservice in most of these reveals (not that they're all a bad thing), I wouldn't dismiss Conker as an entry under allowing circumstances (with reasonable censorship, of course).

I imagine they'd closer resemble their classic designs with a visual update, so I don't think there would be anything to worry about. (Also, notice how both mascots faced a slight decrease in stature under their new management? Lol)

In which case, they may want to retcon Nuts & Bolts, and their special moveset would probably looks something like this.

Yeah they do. thumb up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 04:40 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm actually considering not buying the game now that I know MK is in it. If he comes back, and Ganondorf doesn't, I'm just not going to buy it.

Aye.

Don't know about you, but I'm getting kinda increasingly annoyed with the amount/overabundance of Kid Icarus content in the game. Don't necessarily mean playable character wise (as Palutena was expected), but as a whole, like with minor enemies in Smash Run, items, etc. Seems to even surpass the amount of Mario content in some of those areas. Obvious developer bias since Sakurai did KI Uprising and wants one of his babies to shine in all their glory, but it's almost getting to be like the amount of Batman content in Injustice, if you ask me.

Maybe I'm just exaggerating/overreacting a little though.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 05:15 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Aye.

Don't know about you, but I'm getting kinda increasingly annoyed with the amount/overabundance of Kid Icarus content in the game. Don't necessarily mean playable character wise (as Palutena was expected), but as a whole, like with minor enemies in Smash Run, items, etc. Seems to even surpass the amount of Mario content in some of those areas. Obvious developer bias since Sakurai did KI Uprising and wants one of his babies to shine in all their glory, but it's almost getting to be like the amount of Batman content in Injustice, if you ask me.

You're not wrong. He does have a habit of doing that, actually.

The best thing about the SSE was its cutscenes (which I will miss tremendously, BTW. sad) Besides that, it was basically a glorified Kirby game.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 05:21 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

I'm surprised this Website doesn't have more Super Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors threads. It really needs to hurry up and get on the phuking hype train. Although I can already see where Hyrule Warriors is going: "OH MY GAWD! This is amazing! I can be everyone! AND NOW EVERYONE DIES!! HAHAHA!!!!" And an hour later.... "Well that's boring. Give me Zelda Wii U."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 10:16 AM
KCJ506

Aye.

Eh, let's face it. If any other developer or hell ANY of us were in charge of a Smash game, they'd/we'd ALL end up with some biased choices/decisions.

The best thing about the SSE was its cutscenes (which I will miss tremendously, BTW. sad) Besides that, it was basically a glorified Kirby game.

To be fair, Sakurai didn't write the SSE on his own. Kazushige Nojima had his involvement in that.

Last edited by KCJ506 on Aug 18th, 2014 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 03:02 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

He was more humble than that before, as he apparently withheld Dedede and Meta Knight from Melee and Smash 64 so he wouldn't come off as too biased at the time, but yeah. I guess said humbleness diminished by the time of Brawl.

Originally posted by KCJ506
Eh, let's face it. If any other developer or hell ANY of us were in charge of a Smash game, they'd/we'd ALL end up with some biased choices/decisions.

To some degree, yeah of course, though even if I were in charge of a Smash game, wouldn't make my favorite Ninty series have obscenely more content than everything else, like the case of (arguably) Kid Icarus with this game. I'd try to hide my bias better than that at least, because at the end of the day you'd still be making a game for other people, not for yourself. stick out tongue

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Aug 18th, 2014 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 08:51 PM