KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Reflex speed.

Reflex speed.
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
Flash
Gladiator
SS
WW
Superman

Since this thread was created to put superman next to flash with a hidden agenda, please superman fans, dont even bother to dispute my ranking, i normally refuse to answer wank/bait/fan based answers thread, but everyone needs a good laugh every now and then. Wink.
how is Superman below Gladiator? Superman has picosecond feats.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:27 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Stoic
Your statement makes no sense at all. If the Surfer has the ability to avoid objects while moving at those speeds, he is obviously reacting to objects approaching him at those speeds. If what you say was true, he would crash into everything in front of him while traveling at super speeds. Does it make any sense to you?

What he says makes perfect sense to me when you consider Eisteins law of general relativity. If your traveling at light speed according to Einstein the speed of everything else is relative to your speed. Therefore something for example traveling at half the speed looks slow as paint drying to you. Everything slower than light appears to move like a snail pace and anything light speed would appear to you the same way a car traveling at 50mph like when you travel the same. When you drive on the freeway at high speed you don't suddenly gain enhanced reflexes to react to things moving that speed you have already adapted to a different frame of reference. When a fighter pilot flies at Mach 16 etc they don't gain super human reflexes to compensate they simply adapt to the frame of reference. Said fighter pilot likely doesn't have the reaction speed to dodge or block a martial artist who moves at a franction of the speed he flies when he operates at the speed of normal human movement but can react to dodge things while flying and can react to like speed air craft in a dog fight.

Like vdII or what ever his face said that's not reaction it's just the way anyone is capable of reacting if they can operate at that speed. If we suddenly developed FTL propulsion than any pilot flying it could match SS or Superman's abilities to do these things.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:45 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Q99
That's running speed, and everyone agrees Superman's faster there.
Because running speed is reflex speed. Just like Flash has lightspeed reflexes because he can run at that speed.

quote:
Why do you keep using examples of someone running fast when this is a reflex speed? As in, you know, how fast she can move an arm or such in reflex? Two years on and you're still making the same mistakes.
Haha, its like you're stuck in a loop. You're at the mistake here. But don't let that deter you.

quote:
Reflex speed, in addition to the flat-out stated McDuffie thing, but her good showings against Flash and Zoom (remember, her beating Zoom?), and on a couple occasions Superman has used repeated rapid-fire bursts of heatvision and having them deflected.
Busiek flat out contradicted at and Simone did it too.

Flash was a blur to her under Simone, as was Zoom under rucka and Zoom flat out massacred her under Johns. Superman has caught Barry at hyperlight speed and was said by Professor Zoom that his reflexes rivals his own. Better than her in every way.

Originally posted by Q99
Superman: "Ok, I get what you're saying..."

And, oh hey Wonder Woman doin' some nice deflecting here (Context: Superman rapid-firing heatvision specifically to test her reflexes)

Oh hey, she herself says that Power Girl is as fast as she is.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...oman_041_12.jpg

But its like a single statement from Mcduffie is be all and end all. How about I use a scene where Deathstroke was said to be faster than her?

And Superman has actually blitzed people who can swat heat vision out of air and deflected kryptonite rays out of air from different places. Several of them.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:19 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Sin I AM
What speed feats does MM have?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:28 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

He got blitzed by zod.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:30 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vdoxII

Originally posted by abhilegend
Because running speed is reflex speed. Just like Flash has lightspeed reflexes because he can run at that speed.

Where on earth do you get an idea like that?? Running speed is travel speed NOT reaction speed and CERTAINLY NOT reflex.
Mirrium Webster dictionaries define reflex as "An action or movement of the body that happens automatically as a reaction to something". Not one statement about running or travel speed.

quote:
Originally posted by abhilegend Flash was a blur to her under Simone, as was Zoom under rucka and Zoom flat out massacred her under Johns. Superman has caught Barry at hyperlight speed

Every single thing metioned here is about travel speed NOT reaction speed. One has to do with the rate of travel, the other has to do with how quickly the body autonomously responds.
quote:
Oh hey, she herself says that Power Girl is as fast as she is.

Again this is travel speed, not reaction speed.

The reason why Martial artists have superior reactions to a normal person is because their training (katas etc) makes certain responses to certain ctions autonomic. By constatly repeating katas so a single response is to trained to be the autonomic muscle memory reaction to multiple similar actions or attacks it becomes more likely that the body does perform this as an auto reaction before any thought is placed in making a response. The defense aspects of almost all amrtial arts are very similar and repetative. It's only in the attack aspects that MA's become complex as these are usually thought about before performed.

quote:
But its like a single statement from Mcduffie is be all and end all. How about I use a scene where Deathstroke was said to be faster than her?

Deathstroke uses 90% of his brain and his reactions ARE superior for that reason. Need I mention he has also tagged Flash?? Are you using that argument to suggest that Flash has slow reaction speed? NO.

quote:
And Superman has actually blitzed people who can swat heat vision out of air and deflected kryptonite rays out of air from different places. Several of them.

Superman blitzing people is travel speed. People swatting his beams is reactions speed. So the fact that you cvan supply such instances is porrf that there are others with superior reactions to him that are not in his league for speed of operation. You essentially just proved the argument of the person you were responding to to be correct.

quote:
Oringinally posted by Beatboks
What he says makes perfect sense to me when you consider Eisteins law of general relativity. If your traveling at light speed according to Einstein the speed of everything else is relative to your speed. Therefore something for example traveling at half the speed looks slow as paint drying to you. Everything slower than light appears to move like a snail pace and anything light speed would appear to you the same way a car traveling at 50mph like when you travel the same. When you drive on the freeway at high speed you don't suddenly gain enhanced reflexes to react to things moving that speed you have already adapted to a different frame of reference. When a fighter pilot flies at Mach 16 etc they don't gain super human reflexes to compensate they simply adapt to the frame of reference. Said fighter pilot likely doesn't have the reaction speed to dodge or block a martial artist who moves at a franction of the speed he flies when he operates at the speed of normal human movement but can react to dodge things while flying and can react to like speed air craft in a dog fight.

Like vdII or what ever his face said that's not reaction it's just the way anyone is capable of reacting if they can operate at that speed. If we suddenly developed FTL propulsion than any pilot flying it could match SS or Superman's abilities to do these things.

Not how I'd have put ti but close enough I guess to my point.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 07:50 AM
vdoxII is currently offline Click here to Send vdoxII a Private Message Find more posts by vdoxII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Q99
Ah yes, another round of the 'people bend over backwards to pretend WW can't do what she was just shown doing.'

We all know how this ends. You say 'lol' a lot, make some sexist comments, people roll their eyes, the people who like to pretend WW's weak look dumb, and you try again next time.

Umm fanboyism and sexism are pretty different

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:16 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by vdoxII
Travel speed isn't reaction speed. Wonder Woman has reacted to things that based on travel speed she should not even be able to keep up with. Thta's why I said IF IT WERE travel speed SS would move up and WW move WAY down. in travel speed it would be

Flash (this is taking into acount Human race obviously- infinite speed)
>>>>>>>>>>
Superman=/= Silver Surfer
>>>
Gladiator
>>
Wonder Woman
>>
Martian Manhunter etc etc.

That's what I was saying travel speed is not reflex speed. But many don't seem to get it. When it comes to their favorite character, travel speed = combat speed. When it is someone they want to put down its the opposite

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:26 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Stoic
Your statement makes no sense at all. If the Surfer has the ability to avoid objects while moving at those speeds, he is obviously reacting to objects approaching him at those speeds. If what you say was true, he would crash into everything in front of him while traveling at super speeds. Does it make any sense to you?

Surfer does have high reflexes, but many say he doesn't and then say teavel speed is not qual to cobat speed but when it comes to theri favourite, travel speed is combat speed

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:28 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by h1a8
how is Superman below Gladiator? Superman has picosecond feats.
Was flash and zoom fighting in picoseconds? no. What was superman doing at the time?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 07:17 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by JBL
Was flash and zoom fighting in picoseconds? no. What was superman doing at the time?
what are you talking about? I'm referring to feats that Superman actually has.

You still haven't explained why you put gladiator over superman. What is your basis for this?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:18 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

You still haven't explained why you put gladiator over superman. What is your basis for this?

Because he hates Superman. If you look at all his former posts regarding Superman you'll see that (like Carver) he really hates him. For Christ sake, he even picks WW to win over Superman in a fight. LOL. Despite all the evidence shown that proves she has virtually no chance against him.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:22 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What Picoseconds ft are you talking about?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
Because he hates Superman. If you look at all his former posts regarding Superman you'll see that (like Carver) he really hates him. For Christ sake, he even picks WW to win over Superman in a fight. LOL. Despite all the evidence shown that proves she has virtually no chance against him.

Carver I demand you answer for this!! Is this true?

You back WW to beat Superman!?

I am in utter shame. I will not forget this grievance. evil face

Last edited by Time Immemorial on Oct 26th, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:52 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time Immemorial

I am in utter same. I will not forget this grievance. evil face

Well, I was referring to the other guy that h1a8 quoted but yeah, Carver does too. You shouldn't be surprised by this. You don't remember him picking WW in the Supes vs WW thread that went on for what seemed like an eternity?

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:55 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Time Immemorial

I am in utter same. I will not forget this grievance. evil face

Never said WW would pull a majority but she can pull some wins against any Herald because she has the fts (that I posted in the thread). This is a woman that beat Mongul and a Kryptonian by herself. Handled Zod and Faora by herself, stomped Supergirl, was running through Hal. Yeah, she could most def pull some wins and if someone said the majority, I wouldn't fault them for it either.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Never said WW would pull a majority but she can pull some wins against any Herald because she has the fts (that I posted in the thread). This is a woman that beat Mongul and a Kryptonian by herself. Handled Zod and Faora by herself, stomped Supergirl, was running through Hal. Yeah, she could most def pull some wins and if someone said the majority, I wouldn't fault them for it either.

I accept this answer and I will not track you down and burn your house down. smokin'

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:04 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, leave out personal attacks. No baiting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

I'm not sure how Surfer is even in this conversation.

I'm not sure how two writers (maybe even just one) in the old DCU suggesting that Diana was faster than Superman makes her so.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 10:30 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by vdoxII
Where on earth do you get an idea like that?? Running speed is travel speed NOT reaction speed and CERTAINLY NOT reflex.
What the? Flying speed is travel speed, not running speed.
quote:
Mirrium Webster dictionaries define reflex as "An action or movement of the body that happens automatically as a reaction to something". Not one statement about running or travel speed.
That's why we're using comics as proof and not dictionaries, right?

quote:
Every single thing metioned here is about travel speed NOT reaction speed. One has to do with the rate of travel, the other has to do with how quickly the body autonomously responds.
Then you have to learn what reflexes are in comics.

quote:
Again this is travel speed, not reaction speed.
You telling isn't a proof.

quote:
The reason why Martial artists have superior reactions to a normal person is because their training (katas etc) makes certain responses to certain ctions autonomic. By constatly repeating katas so a single response is to trained to be the autonomic muscle memory reaction to multiple similar actions or attacks it becomes more likely that the body does perform this as an auto reaction before any thought is placed in making a response. The defense aspects of almost all amrtial arts are very similar and repetative. It's only in the attack aspects that MA's become complex as these are usually thought about before performed.
Get this real life logic out of here. Bring in her feats or shut up.

quote:
Deathstroke uses 90% of his brain and his reactions ARE superior for that reason. Need I mention he has also tagged Flash?? Are you using that argument to suggest that Flash has slow reaction speed? NO.
No, he literally vanished right in front of diana before she could react. And laughing out loud @ him tagging Flash as a reaction feat.

quote:
Superman blitzing people is travel speed.
Haha, what?
quote:
People swatting his beams is reactions speed. So the fact that you cvan supply such instances is porrf that there are others with superior reactions to him that are not in his league for speed of operation. You essentially just proved the argument of the person you were responding to to be correct.
How does this even makes any sense is beyond me. Superman outreacting people isn't a reaction feat but a travel speed feat.

quote:
Not how I'd have put ti but close enough I guess to my point.
Are you from comicvine by any chance? Only there anything this inane can be used as logic.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:19 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote