KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Title Belt Championship Battlezone

KMC Title Belt Championship Battlezone
Started by: Magic Joe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gecko4lif

Your too terrifying digi

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:05 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
His comment was an allusion to how he won his first tourney essentially as a nobody (or at least an underdog).

Which he could have rebutted with. But now that I've telegraphed it, he can't use it. You're welcome.

Oh... yeah. I did think of that - my prepared response was to point out that I WAS winning my first tourney, til it never finished.

I was ahead in points of all you chumps.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:17 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Existere
Oh... yeah. I did think of that - my prepared response was to point out that I WAS winning my first tourney, til it never finished.

All that matters is the rings stick out tongue

Even then, I remember being either second place or tied for first by playoff time in that tournament. Care to look it up? I don't remember Delph's website.

Brings me back to my very first tourney match.

When I beat you.

I honestly don't remember. Which? If it was my second tournament with Darkcrawler (where we had Jubilee + Synch) well, that was an off tournament for us. Essentially no one was understanding my points that we didn't need the enhancements that DC kept depending on (sub atomic explosions, at base + his math stuff), and everyone kept focusing on what they thought was a ridiculous notion of Synch's powers.

I concede I have been beaten before - everyone has. It's not like it's a knock to lose to you. It would be bad if I lost to someone like trick though.

Last time I checked, I still have the best record against Scoob - who has the best record overall, even with people like Digi dragging him down

His comment was an allusion to how he won his first tourney essentially as a nobody (or at least an underdog).

Which he could have rebutted with. But now that I've telegraphed it, he can't use it. You're welcome.

...my first match was a no-show. I had a ridiculous writeup and no one to fight. It was all kinds of frustrating.

While true, my first tournament had me pitted against the likes of Long Pig, Khellandros, Illadelph, and Scoobless. Even today, that's a formidable list. Even you thought so:

Best Tourney Newcomer

1 - Blair Wind
Why: In his first tourney he entered one of the toughest fields in tourney history, came out on top. 'nuf said..

stick out tongue

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Apr 26th, 2012 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:18 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Blair Wind
All that matters is the rings stick out tongue

Even then, I remember being either second place or tied for first by playoff time in that tournament. Care to look it up? I don't remember Delph's website.
House of Zod.

I don't remember how points were calculated, but I do remember I was the only one to remain undefeated. In a tournament with you, DC, Digi, Leo, Charlotte and others - plus I was on my own.

Not that this is about comparing tourney-cock sizes (and I still haven't actually won gold...), but I still feel pretty pumped looking back at it.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:33 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Edit: laughing out loud I don't want to take over this thread with our past talk. I'll PM you.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Apr 26th, 2012 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:41 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Right.

Except it should be noted that my 'teammate' was present for half a match.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

House of Zod.

I don't remember how points were calculated, but I do remember I was the only one to remain undefeated. In a tournament with you, DC, Digi, Leo, Charlotte and others - plus I was on my own.

Not that this is about comparing tourney-cock sizes (and I still haven't actually won gold...), but I still feel pretty pumped looking back at it.

Nice of you to remember me. sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I think I remember being teamed up with nvr once and getting eliminated in the 2nd round of a tourny over in the HOZ authority site. Fun times.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:51 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by -Pr-
Nice of you to remember me. sad
Ah! Paul! The poster who saved me when Scoob dropped off the grid!

I just looked back through the matches. One match had your name at the top, but never got past a write-up from each side.

The other had Scoob's name at the top, but he was MIA so you jumped in the ring.

My bad on the foggy details. embarrasment Thanks, in retrospect. Looks like you never really got your fair shake that tourney.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 03:00 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

My team stepped all over each other in that tourney. I also remember the battlefield essentially OHK'ing my team in a playoff match. Delph always enjoyed his exotic locales. And I used most of them to more of an advantage than our opponents (I wrecked **** up with some crazy...was it Gundam map? It was some mech-universe). But the playoff locale ruined us (Silent Hill?).

Anyway, we didn't deserve to win at all. I had 1-2 epic uses of battlefield, and my teammates managed to drag me through the rest. Wasn't our finest hour though. I remember you doing well though Smurph.

I honestly don't remember. Which? If it was my second tournament with Darkcrawler (where we had Jubilee + Synch) well, that was an off tournament for us. Essentially no one was understanding my points that we didn't need the enhancements that DC kept depending on (sub atomic explosions, at base + his math stuff), and everyone kept focusing on what they thought was a ridiculous notion of Synch's powers.

I concede I have been beaten before - everyone has. It's not like it's a knock to lose to you. It would be bad if I lost to someone like trick though.

Last time I checked, I still have the best record against Scoob - who has the best record overall, even with people like Digi dragging him down

Lol, Trick. I have very few regrets in tourneys, which have almost all been fun. But one of them is that I found a scan that I think would've won us that finals match about 2 weeks after our match with you and DC. The others were tactical errors that are mostly on me, so I can't complain. That's the only one where it felt like fate laughing in my face, especially because of how well I felt we were doing up to that point.

Not sure our plan would've worked in "today's KMC" though. Soul-sharing doppleganger power-stacking ftw. Somehow we brought the Uni-Power to the finals too. No clue how we justified that BS.

I'm too much of a control freak in tourneys to be a good partner though. Scoob and Leo have been more prolific than me, but when I partnered with them, they were just along for the ride a good deal of the time (and Newjak/Batdude, more briefly).

While true, my first tournament had me pitted against the likes of Long Pig, Khellandros, Illadelph, and Scoobless. Even today, that's a formidable list.

No doubt.

Also, SORRY, I'll stop too now.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 26th, 2012 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 03:49 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Very interesting.

If this happens this coming month I've got some spare time..
Count me in for med herald and med meta's..

My Artwork

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 07:19 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Ambient
Very interesting.

If this happens this coming month I've got some spare time..
Count me in for med herald and med meta's..

This can happen when ever you want it to happen. That's the beauty about this battlezone. All you need is somebody to compete against. Once you have that you just battle for one of the tier belts. Simple as that.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 11:21 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, Trick. I have very few regrets in tourneys, which have almost all been fun. But one of them is that I found a scan that I think would've won us that finals match about 2 weeks after our match with you and DC. The others were tactical errors that are mostly on me, so I can't complain. That's the only one where it felt like fate laughing in my face, especially because of how well I felt we were doing up to that point.

Not sure our plan would've worked in "today's KMC" though. Soul-sharing doppleganger power-stacking ftw. Somehow we brought the Uni-Power to the finals too. No clue how we justified that BS.

I'm too much of a control freak in tourneys to be a good partner though. Scoob and Leo have been more prolific than me, but when I partnered with them, they were just along for the ride a good deal of the time (and Newjak/Batdude, more briefly).
Not trying to spam up this thread, but the other day I went back and read through some of the older tourney matches. Funny stuff. I guess if you say something with enough confidence, people automatically assume you're right (BS or not.) Had a chuckle a few times. Even rereading tourneys as recent as the one I participated in (batdude/Khan's), several of the strategies from a lot of us were pretty damn thin... But no one questioned them at the time. It's funny to look back and see things that you could have done so much better, just by adding a few words or scans. Heh.

There are still many tactics that were very well thought out, though. While certainly not the only one, Goob's strategy with Super Adaptoid comes to mind.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 27th, 2012 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 01:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Galan007
Not trying to spam up this thread, but the other day I went back and read through some of the older tourney matches. Funny stuff. I guess if you say something with enough confidence, people automatically assume you're right (BS or not.) Had a chuckle a few times. Even rereading tourneys as recent as the one I participated in (batdude/Khan's), several of the strategies from a lot of us were pretty damn thin... But no one questioned them at the time. It's funny to look back and see things that you could have done so much better, just by adding a few words or scans. Heh.

There are still many tactics that were very well thought out, though. While certainly not the only one, Goob's strategy with Super Adaptoid comes to mind.

Please don't spam this thread.

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 01:55 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Galan007

Oh geez, that tourney.

But yeah, sometimes if you go WAAAYYY out there with a plan, only the most ridiculous elements get chucked, and some still-dubious strategies are left alone by the judges.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 03:24 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Don Corleone
This can happen when ever you want it to happen. That's the beauty about this battlezone. All you need is somebody to compete against. Once you have that you just battle for one of the tier belts. Simple as that.

Oh Ok! Didnt read the whole thread.. lol

What tier is Darkness anyway?

My Artwork

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 04:20 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Is Abhilegend still down to participate?

Quan better not get in the way with his bitching about some lost battlezone match.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 06:09 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^Yeah, I'm down. Don said that you would be the first to chose a character so I was waiting.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 07:43 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 07:48 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

l. o. l.

incidentally, wouldn't it be better to pm the pick in secret to avoid any possible....'coincedental' shenannigans'. you know, like if smurph picks superman and and ab picks captain kryponite because, you know, he was planning to choose him all along...?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 11:04 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote