KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Boa hancock vs Mei terumi(mizukage)

Boa hancock vs Mei terumi(mizukage)
Started by: Rikudo sennin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Why is it impossible for her to be that good at Haki?

And sure, it can overwhelm her if Mei actually hits, though I doubt it personally considering Boa's much weaker sisters were keeping up with Luffy.

Old Post May 21st, 2012 10:12 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Why is it impossible for her to be that good at Haki?

And sure, it can overwhelm her if Mei actually hits, though I doubt it personally considering Boa's much weaker sisters were keeping up with Luffy.

if whitebeard was penetrated by lava im sure boa can be or just swept away by the water dragon and held inside it till she drowned.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 03:21 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Actually...given his track record, it might not be too bold to think that Whitebeard really just was not a good Haki user. He didn't manage to kill Aokiji with it and failed to block a lot of attacks.

That or they were using their own Haki to fight back.

Regardless, you're giving Mei knowledge of Boa's weakness being water(keep in mind, the water dragon doesn't just sit there).

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 03:37 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Lol...that doesn't disprove the defensive showings. Akainu's Magma is far more deadly than the Acid Mist.

It doesn't have to be deadlier, it only has to be deadly enough, constantly hurting while in range, possibly breathing it *in*...

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 10:25 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Actually...given his track record, it might not be too bold to think that Whitebeard really just was not a good Haki user. He didn't manage to kill Aokiji with it and failed to block a lot of attacks.

That or they were using their own Haki to fight back.

Regardless, you're giving Mei knowledge of Boa's weakness being water(keep in mind, the water dragon doesn't just sit there).

he was up against experienced haki users like the admirals so of course it wouldnt bee just one hit haki infused to beat them. Hancock will just get overwhelmed by the attacks that mei has.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 10:48 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
It doesn't have to be deadlier, it only has to be deadly enough, constantly hurting while in range, possibly breathing it *in*...

Hard to be so deadly that Haki will have a hard time defending against it.

I like the idea of Boa breathing the acid in. Nice outside the box thinking ya did there. However, I don't think Sasuke was really affected by breathing it. There are a couple panels where that argument could be made but I think the pain was caused by the damage done by Susano'o and the injuries from the Raikage.

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
he was up against experienced haki users like the admirals so of course it wouldnt bee just one hit haki infused to beat them. Hancock will just get overwhelmed by the attacks that mei has.

Boa has reacted to cannon fire, I honestly doubt Mei's attacks will be much, if at all, faster than that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 12:03 AM
Q99

quote:

Hard to be so deadly that Haki will have a hard time defending against it.

Haki normally only covers a specific area of the body when activated, though. Acid mist is a cloud.

quote:
I like the idea of Boa breathing the acid in. Nice outside the box thinking ya did there. However, I don't think Sasuke was really affected by breathing it. There are a couple panels where that argument could be made but I think the pain was caused by the damage done by Susano'o and the injuries from the Raikage.

Well, that's the thing: The acid never touched Sasuke and he never breathed it in, only Susano'o was in it. He was in a protected bubble that was dissolving and failing pain trying to maintain it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 02:36 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Haki normally only covers a specific area of the body when activated, though. Acid mist is a cloud.

Well, that's the thing: The acid never touched Sasuke and he never breathed it in, only Susano'o was in it. He was in a protected bubble that was dissolving and failing pain trying to maintain it.

Haki can be used to cover multiple parts though, so I don't see a fully body Haki armor to be that unrealistic.

Sasuke did breathe the Acid, or at least breathed while it was there. Susano'o is not completely impenetrable, as Gaara would later be able to get Madara with his sand and pull him out of it. So I don't think it works like a little bubble. stick out tongue

You could make the argument that Susano'o acted like a bubble and kept *most* of the acid air out. But it certainly couldn't have been all.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 03:08 AM
Q99

quote:
Haki can be used to cover multiple parts though, so I don't see a fully body Haki armor to be that unrealistic.

Yea, but who runs around with full-body haki an entire fight?

Haki also tends to only be active for a particular move.

quote:
Sasuke did breathe the Acid, or at least breathed while it was there. Susano'o is not completely impenetrable, as Gaara would later be able to get Madara with his sand and pull him out of it. So I don't think it works like a little bubble.

Well, we didn't see him burn or melt, so if some did get through, it was very little.

He wasn't surrounded by a cloud of acid, certainly.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 03:27 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Sasuke did breathe the Acid, or at least breathed while it was there. Susano'o is not completely impenetrable, as Gaara would later be able to get Madara with his sand and pull him out of it. So I don't think it works like a little bubble. stick out tongue

You could make the argument that Susano'o acted like a bubble and kept *most* of the acid air out. But it certainly couldn't have been all.

It does work like a bubble actually. Gaara had to use the Sand Madara was standing on, and neither Sasuke nor Madara have been touched by Lava when they had Susano'o up and were surrounded by Lava.

Sasuke's Susano'o was melting though, and he got some of it on his skin, so meh, you're probably right about him breathing in some of that stuff in anyway.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 23rd, 2012 at 03:36 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 03:34 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

A little leaks in vs having to dive into a cloud and getting lungfulls, in other words.

Old Post May 24th, 2012 01:25 AM
Rikudo sennin

Oh and here
http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/588/15
mei can do the water dragon jutsu continously for a long time so **** all of yall.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 11:59 AM
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but who runs around with full-body haki an entire fight?

Haki also tends to only be active for a particular move.

Well, we didn't see him burn or melt, so if some did get through, it was very little.

He wasn't surrounded by a cloud of acid, certainly.

exactly what i was thinking they have never shown full body armor thats why whitebeard got his face blown away. Its mostly where you have your attack concentrated like armes or the projectiles them selves os a direct lava or water attack will **** boa up.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 12:01 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
Oh and here
http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/588/15
mei can do the water dragon jutsu continously for a long time so **** all of yall.

You sound mad.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 12:37 PM
Q99

I'm disappoint she's mainly been doing water in this fight. I get why, but she's got two Kekkei genkai and two other elements.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 12:53 PM
Rikudo sennin

You sound mad.

just saying this disproves your idea she cant hold the water dragon jutsu long enough to drown boa or continuously ram her. Boa is just out matched fire power wise. And you keep saying that mei making hand seals will give boa a chance to attacks but her long range attacks need her to do heart and other actions. And she hasnt shown any impressive speed which is not a surprise since she has the lowest bounty of the shichibukai.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 08:36 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

My idea? Silly boy, when have I mentioned that? And as far as the seals go, when did I mention that? Boa's bounty has nothing to do with the fight. And it is actually tied with Crocodiles...and better than Blackbeards, who joined the Shichibukai with an impressive bounty of 0.

Old Post May 30th, 2012 08:52 PM
Q99

Pretty much the bounties of Shichibukai don't tell you all that much, because it only says where they were when the government decided to stop counting/they accepted the job position. It doesn't mean that's when their power stopped growing.

If someone became a shichibukai at 40 mil, I'd actually be really impressed, because it'd mean that the government still rated their power highly enough for the job even though they've had very little chance to wreck havoc.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 01:22 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Indeed.

Then again, the WG has a weird system for assigning bounties if Law has a higher bounty than Luffy.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 05:16 PM
Q99

Indeed.

Then again, the WG has a weird system for assigning bounties if Law has a higher bounty than Luffy.

Law was active during a 2 year period when Luffy was presumed dead. His known strength was almost certainly a lot higher for one thing.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 05:38 PM