KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

Are all these mechanics located in a certain area or district or are they more spread out across the... I guess you'd call this place a city?

I don't think I want to go straight into asking questions. I want to sort of casually walk around through the crowd and subtlety listen in to peoples conversations to get a gist of what they're talking about. If it's not relevant to what I'm looking for then just move on. What I want to look for is either people talking about new arrivals in general or people talking about incidents relating to piracy, specifically the Shollis incident if I'm lucky or just enter the conversation and bring it up.

Then just involve myself into the conversation by either asking about a large group of arrivals in the former or suggesting the large group of strangers may have had something to do with it if it's the latter. (Mostly by just pretend like I know more about them than I actually do.)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 08:55 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Most of the mechanics operate out of an area of the Dead Man's Den near the docking bays, at the base of that cavern wall. A handful rent out their own private repair bays. An even sparser few operate out near the factories, away from the Den.

Your bar-hopping strategy will involve more eavesdropping inconspicuously, hunting for conversations that could point you in the right direction. Intrusion+Perception to get that going, then the possibility of some social mixing if Wentar finds what he wants. You wander about the machine-hewn canyon-streets at the base of the Den's cavernous central chamber until you find a series of dive bars and cantinas that suit your needs.

Three successes on your eavesdropping check finds you overhearing a group of spacers discussing pirate activities in the the Outer Rim.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 09:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Factories sound promising, good for large scale work. I'll look into it more once we're done here.

-

Wentar will lean into the group during a gap in the conversation. "You know, Shollis got hit by the Tyr-sen recently, bloody pirates damn near got away with a hefty pile of weapons there."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 10:18 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And he's in!

The spacers know about that event, one of many attacks by the Tyr-sen to tie down their new territory, since the Kylugo Srum pulled out.

"Rumor has it that a Jedi or two helped get the Srum out," one of the spacers says, and another points out that this is beyond Republic borders, and the Jedi wouldn't come out this far.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 09:47 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"Stranger things have happened," Wentar says evenly. "Did you know about the group that intervened during the Tyr-sen's raid? I heard a rumor that they showed up here not long after."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 03:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

They clam up at that.

"Is that what you heard?" one of them asks, quite seriously. "From who?"

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 11:51 PM
Craft
CTE

I'd like to scan these guys to see how they're feeling about this conversation. They may be scared about the stations strict rules.

"I overheard a couple of folks talking about it the other day. It makes sense though, considering how close we are to Shollis," Wentar explains. "Have you guys heard or seen anything?"

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 10:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It would be Empathy to get a clearer picture of the group sentiment. Scanning one of the spacers tells you that he's wary.

"A lot of ships come through here," says the first spacer, shrugging.

"I heard something about it," says another spacer. "Probably just a turf war between pirates. This part of space is up for grabs with the Srum out of here."

"Pirates fighting pirates," says the first, agreeing.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 05:12 PM
Craft
CTE

(Sorry I've been inactive, started a new work experience thing and just been trying to get settled into it.)

I don't think I've used any force points yet. I'll blow one on Empathy, hopefully it'll get me the info I need quickly.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 01:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

(It happens!)

You focus on reading the spacers' moods and relations, allowing the Force to guide your observations of them and feel what they feel. You quickly suss that they're all strangers to each other, but have a feeling of community... probably from their shared experiences as spacers on the fringe of civilization.

Even so, despite not trusting each other, they trust you even less. They seem nervous about your chosen topic.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 11:29 PM
Craft
CTE

"Pirates fighting pirates would suit me well. Keeps them from shooting at me," Wentar says, before shifting the topic slightly attempting to get the spacers trust. "The last lot I ran into fried the shield generator on my own ship before I got away. That took awhile to get replaced... Srum bastards."

I wonder if they're tied to any pirate clans. Or perhaps they think I'm a pirate myself.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 05:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You may wish to consider which skills could help you earn their trust.

Savoir-Faire check leaves you uncertain if they're affiliated with any pirate clans or not.

--

"You've gone up against the Srum directly?" asks a younger spacer.

"I've done that," the second spacer, a hotshot, boasts. "I got away clean. You must not be much of a pilot, mister."

The first spacer, an older man, says nothing, observing.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 24th, 2015 at 06:52 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 06:50 AM
Craft
CTE

I was wonder if I could use pilot to speak their lingo. Sort of like knowledge of ship models and such. Maybe that's Savoir-Faire too though. I am trying to persuade them that I'm like them, at the very least a pilot in my own right.

Is there anything that stands out about the older man, like the way he's dressed or something?

-

(The nerve of him! I'll have him know that in the future I made a major contribution that caused a certain Dark Jedi to become shipless!)

"I'm confident enough in my flying ability, some Srum pilots are nastier than others. I remember this one ship, a sleek looking thing, I think it was a (Hanza's ship type if I know it.). The pilot was practically flying rings around me, it was the main reason I took such a beating."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 11:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Savoir-Faire would be the ticket here. But it's more than knowing lingo.

(Though theoretically Pilot could be used in such a way)

--

Hanza has a Reputation throughout the Galaxy for his ruthlessness as a smuggler. Describing the Sickly Sparrow, his customized starfighter, gets instant recognition from the spacers.

"You went up against Hanza?!" gasps the younger spacer.

"You must've REALLY pissed off the Srum," says the hotshot, also amazed.

The seasoned spacer remains quiet.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 06:26 PM
Craft
CTE

"I wouldn't say I went up against him, more just tried to get away with my ship in one piece," Wentar says modestly. "But anyway, surely you all must have some stories too."

Is the wary spacer I scanned the seasoned one? Does he look familiar at all?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 02:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

They're all wary, but a Scan on the veteran spacer tells you he's particularly so. As you get the hotshot spacer to start telling his yarns of fighting off pirates single-handedly and smuggling for the Hutts, you notice the seasoned spacer start eyeing Emso Crubo as well.

Engaging the hotshot and the newbie warms them to you some. Four successes on your Savoir-Faire check helps you carry yourself like one of them, a fellow spacer.

But the veteran stays quiet and observant.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:33 AM
Craft
CTE

Ahhhh! This guy recognises us from somewhere I just know it. Maybe from the Market on the Seat? Or worse he's one of the assassins they are after us.

"You're awfully quiet," Wentar says directly to the seasoned spacer once the hotshot finishes his latest tale. "What's your story?"

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 09:36 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I'm just a traveler," the spacer says, offering nothing on his face. "I make ends meet."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 08:04 AM
Craft
CTE

(Sorry I've been neglecting this thread, got a new job recently and I've been a bit busy getting settled into it.)

Wentar smiles. "That sounds pretty ambiguous. As a traveler you must hear quite a lot of rumors though. There must be some you can share with the group."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 09:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I will add that he doesn't look like the Srum assassins. They're all wiry types in sleek leather gear, with their weapons concealed. The spacer doesn't look concerned with hiding the empty holster on his belt.

"Better that I don't," he says.

"Oh, come on, I've sure you've seen lots in your time, old man," Hotshot says.

The weary spacer shoots him a glare that silences him, then makes to leave. He tosses a couple credits down on the table for his drink.

"You'd all best watch what you say here," the spacer says. "You'll get into trouble. Especially you two. I've not seen you here before. Whatever you're looking for, it'll find you first."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2015 07:19 PM