KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Arrow

Arrow
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Predictions for the finale?

Personally, I want to see Ollie face down the Death Star and shoot an arrow down its exaust vent for the win. But that's on Marvels/Disney's end, so isn't happening.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 01:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Hawkeye (and Flash!) did something similar in the JLA/Avengers crossover to save the day, so yeah, taking out the DS would be apropos.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 01:45 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Felicity’s sooooo hot.

Set her on fire and she will be.

Originally posted by cdtm
Predictions for the finale?

Personally, I want to see Ollie face down the Death Star and shoot an arrow down its exaust vent for the win. But that's on Marvels/Disney's end, so isn't happening.

Phantom Zone arrow against the Anti-Monitor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 03:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Soooo hot. smile

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 09:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm just glad they got rid of young William a few weeks ago. I don't mind the older/future version, but that kid was annoying.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 03:30 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah he was.
He took up all the slack you’d have to cut him for losing his mom and just became a little *****. Calling in the grandparents was a pussy move.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 06:12 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

lol at Felicity's face when they were talking about evidence legality.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 03:22 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that cracked me up!

I get how bummed Dinah Drake must be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: at losing her powers (i would be), but in true super hero tradition, there’s no reason she cant soldier on through other means.
As far back as S2 of ARROW, we saw a device that was for all intents & purposes a sonic grenade:
(please log in to view the image)

And in S1 of FLASH, Cisco took the above tech and created a choker that gave us the first legit canary cry:
(please log in to view the image)

Dinah could easily get ahold of one or both of these devices, to simulate something she’s used to having.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 11:22 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by riv6672
Final season announced

https://www.cbr.com/arrow-cast-reac...s-final-season/

I’m okay w. it.
It had a solid run, and kickstarted something pretty special. Up front news (as opposed to hey you’re cancelled) shows respect, and gives them a chance to wrap shit up well.
Ten eps means they wont meander, which the show has suffered from before.

At first I was like "Damn, the show has finally got good again", but then I was like "Actually better to cancel it on a good note, before they take the show back to it's S3-S5 level of garbage.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Exactly.
Its a bitter pill, but best to do it now.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2019 01:09 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm finding the future arc more interesting than the current SCPD team arc, to be honest. And I think it's fun how the dynamic between William and Mia is basically a flip of Oliver and Felicity, with William being the tech/genius guy and Mia being the muscle.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 07:00 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I guess? Like the two arcs about the same, but seeing them (especially Felicity) have to get used to SCPD protocol and such was definitely amusing.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 07:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i would have liked a lot more of that this season.
My one complaint about this show is they will always opt for angst over just having fun adventures.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
...I think it's fun how the dynamic between William and Mia is basically a flip of Oliver and Felicity, with William being the tech/genius guy and Mia being the muscle.

Didnt notice that before!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 09:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I mean at least theyre finding solutions to problems now like working with the SCPD instead of just brooding and continually going all “This is never going to work” like they were kinda more prone to before, but I see what youre saying still.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2019 11:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Saw that in my youtube recommended feed... I wish Stephen Amell and everyone well in their future, especially since some will be out of work for at least a little while after the show ends as pointed out. Was said that Amell had an eight year contract to begin with, and with the next season being the 8th/final one, all adds up I guess.

Again, in spite of the ups and downs Arrow had, I thank this show for the universe it started which kept us invested for a certain number of years now.

Oh, this last episode that was set in the future was alright I guess, though am more interested in the next ep.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 19th, 2019 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2019 03:36 PM
riv6672

^^^thanks for the sad link...sad

This week’s ep. ended on such a cool Terminator-esque Skynet gets activated vibe. Loved that.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2019 11:24 PM
riv6672

Pretty solid last few eps.

Man i hope we see John Diggle/Stewart as a GL in the Crisis crossover....!

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 09:38 AM
riv6672

The majority of the season finale was...good.
It did what it was supposed to. It had a few surprise faces show up, it tied up the season’s plot lines in a satisfying, neat, if melancholy bow.

But man, those last few minutes...WHAM!

Old Post May 14th, 2019 12:30 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I feel the whole Emiko arc was rushed, maybe due to them giving too much focus on the future Star City arc and not giving enough time on the present, but I just felt nothing with how they handled her here in the end, and the Ninth Circle still being in the wind on top of that made this feel pretty inconclusive, though I guess they'll touch up on Vergil and the rest of the them in the coming final season.

Enjoyed the episodes that were leading up to the finale more than I did the finale itself, which is kinda odd. Bronze Tiger and Black Siren showing up again to help was cool but overall it was a pretty mixed bag. The ending twist was good though, I agree, which kinda saved it.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 15th, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2019 12:15 AM
riv6672

I think the finale was more about leaving the (large cast of) characters in a good place/good places. In that respect it did well, even if it wasn't overly exciting.
The ending was the real treat of course.
This show may have run its course but even now at the end, it keeps laying the groundwork for the CWs future.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 09:41 AM