KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I liked the trailer, the new appraoch tbh, it looked better than every other Marvel Comic Movie. I hope they make a crossover with the X-Men. Why not, more comic movies are a win for us all.

Well, someone will like it. You could be the lucky one.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 12:55 AM
roughrider is online now! Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well shit, I kind of liked the movie. The movie may have ****ed up with Doom and the end battle a little, but it was still enjoyable.

6/10

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 02:25 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

well just watched this.... this is one of the worst films and comic book movies that I have ever seen. the story was atrocious . the dialogue was oh my dear so bad.. Who wrote this?? I could do a much better job writing this shit. The so called family dynamic isn't there hardly.. Reg E. Cathey who tries desperately to keep this together fails. Miles Teller isn't a leading man. He needs to be 2nd or 3rd billed. Kate Mara should take acting lessons from her sister. Jamie Bell was okay but his scenes with Teller were cringe worthy. Michael B. Jordan I must say was fair .. Kebbell as Victor , was fracked up casting, I mean Doom is from a foreign country yet Kebbell was speaking as an american. Doom's reasons for world domination were so cliched. The so called final battle with Doom and the FF was clearly horribly written and so botched up. Clearly Marvel needs this back and when they do , only then will a proper FF film get made.... I do not recommend this at all.. I give at a solid rating 1/10...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 04:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's gonna Flop. Yay!

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-of...ice-1201559318/

I hope Marvel have this back within the year.

I'm not going to watch this. I gave Fox the benefit of the doubt, but refuse to support their continuous butchering of this franchise. FF are done for now, even Marvel won't be able to pick up the pieces. But at least Marvel can do Silver Surfer and Galactus justice.

Can't wait for Thor to face off against Surfer on the big screen!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 11:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the story was atrocious . the dialogue was oh my dear so bad.. Who wrote this??

That'd be Simon Kinberg. Everyone praises him for X-Menbig grinOFP, but I've not forgotten he also wrote X-Men: The Last Stand.

Josh Trank should not get the majority of the blame for this Imo. Especially since it seems like the whole last Act was not his version.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 11:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^
That's because with The Last Stand it was two people that wrote the script, Where as with DOFP it was only Kinberg.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 8th, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 12:21 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^Tbf It's probably more to do with Fox's interference. In Last Stand and on this FF movie.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 02:18 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Looks like FOX exceeded our expectations! laughing

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 02:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It goes the show the power of the brand that Marvel Studios has with audiences, when even Ant-Man can open to nearly twice the number that FF will likely reach this weekend.

I hope Michael B. Jordan doesn't pull out the race card as to why the movie will fail. Dude, it smacked of stunt casting to put you in as Johnny Storm, a transparent attempt at diversity. If you were going to do it, go all the way and make Sue black as well; that's my opinion.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 02:44 PM
roughrider is online now! Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

This can't be worse than the last Ghost Rider can it?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 03:01 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Zack M
Haters gonna hate. This film is going to be good. I can feel it.

laughing laughing laughing

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 03:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by juggernaut74

Definitely better than the garbage that was the last ghost rider.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 03:49 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by juggernaut74

Apparently it's not a crazy, hyperventilating mess. Just a dour slog of a mess.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 04:06 PM
Femi32

Originally posted by roughrider
If you were going to do it, go all the way and make Sue black as well; that's my opinion.

THANK YOU!

This will probably be the first comic book superhero property I will avoid paying for since Ghost Rider 2.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 05:22 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That'd be Simon Kinberg. Everyone praises him for X-Menbig grinOFP, but I've not forgotten he also wrote X-Men: The Last Stand.

Josh Trank should not get the majority of the blame for this Imo. Especially since it seems like the whole last Act was not his version.

Kinberg gets a pass then because of X-Men big grinOFP stick out tongue

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 06:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Firefly218
Definitely better than the garbage that was the last ghost rider.

Yeah, it's not that bad .

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 07:26 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, it's not that bad .

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 03:55 PM
KCJ506

I have to wonder how worse this movie would have done if it had kept it's original release date. Coming out the same day as Inside Out and a week after Jurassic World.

This is probably the first movie based off a Marvel property that I'm intentionally skipping out on in theaters. I tend to go see check the movies for myself even if they have a lot of negative reviews. But I made the mistake of going to see Ghost Rider 2 despite the first one being a mostly meh movie and the negative reviews it was getting. Mainly because it was from the guys that did the Crank movies and I liked those.

Turns out the second Ghost Rider actually made the first one look like a masterpiece.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:45 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by roughrider
It goes the show the power of the brand that Marvel Studios has with audiences, when even Ant-Man can open to nearly twice the number that FF will likely reach this weekend.

I hope Michael B. Jordan doesn't pull out the race card as to why the movie will fail. Dude, it smacked of stunt casting to put you in as Johnny Storm, a transparent attempt at diversity. If you were going to do it, go all the way and make Sue black as well; that's my opinion.

There was one thing that MBJ said awhile back that kinda annoyed me. It was something like "If I set an example, maybe Hollywood would start considering more colored people in big roles."

It's as if Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Laurence Fishburne and Jamie Foxx have never had starring roles.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:49 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So watched Fantastic Four this morning with some friends.

It. Was. Horrible!

The first half was average. The actors were decent and thought there was some legit good chemistry among the cast.

The problem was the script and storyline. There was some legit cringe worthy dialog and isn't wasn't sporadic.

Also the progression of the story was horrible.

The best part of the movie was making fun of all the bad parts with my friends. It was so bad.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 06:35 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote