KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Henceforth, this version of the FF should be known as Fantastic F*ckup. To distinguish it from the other live action versions (Corman version - Fantastic Forgettable. 2005 - Fantastic Flop. 2007 - Fantastic Fog, in honour of 'Galactus.') stick out tongue
Honestly, I never thought I'd say this but the 2005 FF is a masterpiece compared to this travesty...

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 12:41 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Honestly, I never thought I'd say this but the 2005 FF is a masterpiece compared to this travesty...

It's an unclean feeling, isn't it? wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 05:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

So, think they should add HERBIE to the team for the sequel?

I wonder if they can snag the same director...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 06:30 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ditch Josh Trank and get someone else to help save it.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 07:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ditch Josh Trank and get someone else to help save it.

Nah just give it back to Marvel. FF's losing them money. Might as well make some deal with Marvel like getting the rights to do the X-Men Tv series or something.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 11:32 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Even if Marvel did get the rights back, the most we'd probably get out of it is Doom and Galactus appearing in the MCU(which is actually the main reason I'd like for them to obtain them). This movie however pretty damaged any chance of the F4 getting another movie.

It's a real damn shame how this was only made just so Fox could keep the rights and not because they had a good story or anything.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 09:23 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

^$120+ million is a lot more money to spend solely to keep the rights, versus the $4 million spent in the early 90's by Roger Corman and Constantin Films to keep the rights. I think they believed they had something new with all the inspiration pulled from Ultimate FF. The problem was the split between the director and the studio somewhere in production that led to the schizo film that got released. If Fox didn't believe in Josh Trank, they should have stopped things earlier. But they know they have a rep as micromamangers of filmmakers and want to shed it; in the end, no one got what they wanted.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 12:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah it's not as simple as "they just wanted to keep the rights to spite Marvel."

They wanted another big superhero franchise, and they wanted to created their own Fox MCU with an X-Men/FF Shared Universe.

However they obviously failed.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 01:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Saw this film last night and interestingly enough I don't think it's actually nearly as bad as the rep it's gotten. I mean, it was shit, but not 9% on RT ****ing shit. Frankly I wouldn't even consider to be that much worse than IM2.

The nose-dive in quality from the moment Reed and co. decided to hop into the machine was pretty noticeable though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2015 10:24 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I mean, it was shit, but not 9% on RT ****ing shit.

I never bought that it was actually THAT Bad.

But when it's a bad reboot to an already bad movie franchise, don't expect the gloves to stay on.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2015 10:38 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

LoL. Right now Fantastic Four is the 33rd ranked Marvel Comics movie all time (Domestic gross). What is it ahead of?
34. Blade: Trinity
35. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
36. The Punisher
37. Elektra
38. Howard the Duck
39. Punisher: War Zone

And honestly, The Punisher was a better movie by far.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 09:09 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

And honestly, The Punisher was a better movie by far.

You saw this? I thought you were boycotting?

I never even bothered watching it. After all the horrible reviews and Josh Trank himself pretty much admitting this sucked, and Fox itself having no faith in it, I just had no desire to watch it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 10:17 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I never even bothered watching it.

Same here.

I TRIED (really, really tried) to be optimistic after the trailer, but the obnoxious tv spots didn't help. Then hundreds of reviews made me happy I stayed away from that... "movie".

Old Post Sep 4th, 2015 10:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I liked Punisher War Zone

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 04:10 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Even Howard the Duck isn't that bad....and yes i've watched that movie twice.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 04:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Inhuman
I liked Punisher War Zone

Me too.

The best Punisher movie - maybe that's not saying much, but I found it enjoyable.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 03:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You saw this? I thought you were boycotting?

I never even bothered watching it. After all the horrible reviews and Josh Trank himself pretty much admitting this sucked, and Fox itself having no faith in it, I just had no desire to watch it.
No, I didn't watch it. But based off of all the reviews and the fact my friend watched it and gave me the general synopsis...it doesn't take much to make that conclusion. I knew I wasn't going to watch this movie back when they revealed Doom.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 08:02 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Same here.

I TRIED (really, really tried) to be optimistic after the trailer, but the obnoxious tv spots didn't help. Then hundreds of reviews made me happy I stayed away from that... "movie".

What I found funny is how people were acting like the ones who didnt go see it were the fools for listening to reviews and not "forming their own opinions". I'll do that when it pops up on Netflix, maybe not even then.

The butthurt tears from the fant4stic defenders were so sweet that opening weekend.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2015 05:36 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I haven't even seen the old F4 movies

People have been always comparing them to dog feces, but apparently they've been glorious feces compared to the reboot.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2015 03:08 PM
KCJ506

Even if a movie gets bad reviews, I usually still tend to check them out for myself. But I made the mistake of doing this with Ghost Rider 2. Despite the first one being a mostly meh movie and all the negative reviews, I still went to check it out since it was made by the guys that did the Crank movies. And I liked those. Turned out that the second Ghost Rider made the first one look like a masterpiece.

The F4 reboot is the first movie based off a Marvel comic that I'm intentionally skipping out on in theaters.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 03:53 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote