KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How close could thor come to bench pressing the earth once?

How close could thor come to bench pressing the earth once?
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magnon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Wait, so you're arguing that Superman is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 times stronger than Thor?

The current Superman is quite a new character and as such his powers are still in flux. I doubt he'll end up with a "multi-planetary scale" power level.

But in principle there's nothing that prevents characters from different publishers to have vastly different power levels. For example, pre-crisis Superman certainly was billions and billions of times stronger than Thor.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 10:36 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Magnon

But in principle there's nothing that prevents characters from different publishers to have vastly different power levels.
For example, pre-crisis Superman certainly was billions and billions of times stronger than Thor.

Exactly.

Nothing but forum sentiment.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 10:42 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Superman fans on one in this thread lol. Come on Thor/Surfer fans. At least put up a fight sheesh.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:02 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by zopzop
What do you mean?
What Thor did there, and what people are passing it as, is similar to me saying that Superman [and the new gods] is capable of blowing planets with his heat vision, or holding them in his hand, based on this scan, where he is in the New Gods world, interacting with the normal [main DCU] dimension:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

First of all, the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space, he went into the Void [notice its size in Asgard space - nowhere near continent, country or even city wide]:

(please log in to view the image)

That's why he is said to be in his etheral form, in the normal dimension [Earth's sphere]:

And that's why Thor needed to go to Asgard to deal with the Serpent, otherwise it would have made damage in the normal [Earth's] Universe:

Once there, Thor travels by boat in the void between Asgard and Earth [where the Serpent is] and uses a simple bull to fish it out:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_15.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_16.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_17.jpg

In the subsequent showdown we, again, painfully see that the Serpent is nowhere near continent/Earth sized, relative to Thor [thus the bull being used as bait, lol]:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_18.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_19.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_20.jpg

It is flat-out stated that space [and time] aren't the same in the Void [as if this wasn't ridiculously obvious anyway - when Thor fishes the goddamn Serpent in a boat using a bull from its supposed Earth-sized proportions]:

In the Void [as in the New Gods world] the normal limits and proportions of time/space don't apply. That's why, eventough the Serpent was small enough for Thor to stand face-to-face with him, and get fished out with a bull, he was capable of encoiling the Earth, and crushing it with his etheral form [as seen in the normal space/time] from the Void.
It's a non-feat.
This feat has been one of the most baffling, well kept lies in the history of KMC.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:02 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

lol.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:04 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

laughing Damn. Cold blooded.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:06 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The current Superman is quite a new character and as such his powers are still in flux. I doubt he'll end up with a "multi-planetary scale" power level.

But in principle there's nothing that prevents characters from different publishers to have vastly different power levels. For example, pre-crisis Superman certainly was billions and billions of times stronger than Thor.
I dunno about multi, but he's had moon busting/planet moving strength for quite some time, years even, before the reboot. It just seems to me that he hasn't lost much.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:08 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Wow good post Phil

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:12 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by -K-M-
Wow good post Phil
Cosigned.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:14 PM
CosmicComet

Thor is the context-iest one there is!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:22 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Where are the Thor fans? These dudes are not only saying that Thor's strength is like a toddler in comparison to Supes, but one of his highest regarded feats is a complete myth! They're chumping y'all mang!!

Yes I'm instigating lol. It's a slow day at the office and I demand entertainment damnit!

Last edited by dmills on Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:26 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by dmills
Where are the Thor fans? These dudes are saying Thor's strength is like a toddler in comparison, but one of his most highest regarded feats is a complete myth! They're chumping y'all mang!!

Yes I'm instigating lol. It's a slow day at the office and I demand entertainment damnit!
dood, stop trolling no expression

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:27 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Starscream M
dood, stop trolling no expression

Dood you gonna report me?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:30 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by dmills
Where are the Thor fans? These dudes are not only saying that Thor's strength is like a toddler in comparison to Supes, but one of his highest regarded feats is a complete myth! They're chumping y'all mang!!

slight correction;

I said a toddler compares more favorably to the greatest strongman in history than Thor compares to Superman.

dat salt.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:32 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

It's a little bit of trolling, or perhaps closer to freeposting than anything probably... but he's not targetting anyone in particular, and not really doing much harm.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:32 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by CosmicComet
slight correction;

I said a toddler compares more favorably to the greatest strongman in history than Thor compares to Superman.

dat salt.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Juntai
It's a little bit of trolling, or perhaps closer to freeposting than anything probably... but he's not targetting anyone in particular, and not really doing much harm.

Yeah I'm BSing around. Mostly. But I am kind of taken aback by the lack of a proper response to some of the claims and challenges that Supes fans have been making in various threads lately. Because lets face it, at the end of the day the things being stated here with regards to Thor vis a vis Superman (factual or not) by some are far more confrontation inducing than anything I've said lol.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:34 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by CosmicComet
slight correction;

dat salt.
One of. Pudz, Pfister, Saxon and some others have overshadowed him by quite a bit. Once upon a time though, he was that dude.

But we're in a different era of technology in the gym, coaching, super vitamins, and in some cases PEDs.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:40 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Philosophía
What Thor did there, and what people are passing it as, is similar to me saying that Superman [and the new gods] is capable of blowing planets with his heat vision, or holding them in his hand, based on this scan, where he is in the New Gods world, interacting with the normal [main DCU] dimension:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

First of all, the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space, he went into the Void [notice its size in Asgard space - nowhere near continent, country or even city wide]:

That's why he is said to be in his etheral form, in the normal dimension [Earth's sphere]:

And that's why Thor needed to go to Asgard to deal with the Serpent, otherwise it would have made damage in the normal [Earth's] Universe:

Once there, Thor travels by boat in the void between Asgard and Earth [where the Serpent is] and uses a simple bull to fish it out:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_15.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_16.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_17.jpg

In the subsequent showdown we, again, painfully see that the Serpent is nowhere near continent/Earth sized, relative to Thor [thus the bull being used as bait, lol]:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_18.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_19.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/...1983_327_20.jpg

It is flat-out stated that space [and time] aren't the same in the Void [as if this wasn't ridiculously obvious anyway - when Thor fishes the goddamn Serpent in a boat using a bull from its supposed Earth-sized proportions]:

In the Void [as in the New Gods world] the normal limits and proportions of time/space don't apply. That's why, eventough the Serpent was small enough for Thor to stand face-to-face with him, and get fished out with a bull, he was capable of encoiling the Earth, and crushing it with his etheral form [as seen in the normal space/time] from the Void.
It's a non-feat.
This feat has been one of the most baffling, well kept lies in the history of KMC.

Hmm, so this feat of strength is disputable.

With this in dispute and the World Engine one unquantifiable, like Hercules' "lifting the heavens" crap, what does Thor have left?

The hollow skyscraper? The shared Asgard feat with BRB and their magic hammers? The Midgard Serpent's paw?

How does this compare to post Crisis Superman? We already seen DCNu Supes lift a planetary level weight. If he has any other lifting feats in this category, we can safely say he's leagues above Thor in terms of "lifting" strength.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:52 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

IOW, you're arguing that current Superman is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 times stronger than Thor.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 11:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Thor is stronger than Superman.

Whatever Superman can do, Thor can do +1.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 12:02 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote