KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan vs Revan

Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan vs Revan
Started by: Taay'hai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Taay'hai
Hah! Have you seen his incredible deflecting skills, and his man-handling of Adi Gallia?

Gallia was beaten via the Force. Opress is not an "expert swordsman" in the sense that he is not the product of years of formal training. But your point is well taken: a talentless hack does not hold his own with a leading member of the Jedi Council in a sword fight.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:30 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Gallia was beaten via the Force.

This is true, but I noticed that Savage was consistently pushing her onto the defensive and desperate dodges with lightning-quick saber strikes. I also noticed her attempt of a stab/jab/w/e it was on him, but he caught the blade using only one arm and caused her to swing away. This is when he brought down the support like barbarian for the second time btw

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Taay'hai a Private Message Find more posts by Taay'hai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

LOL The Revan-masturbater is back!!!!!!

By your logic, member (Intrepid37) is Maul's masturbater.

B/W I am fan of Ancient era Star Wars lore. I also like PT/OT era works.

He defeated Mace Windu once, though he wasn't at his peak.

Friendly sparring matches prove nothing.

Still, if Qui-Gon had the time to reach his full potential--and he didn't, because of Darth Maul's prowess--then I could imagine him possibly defeating Mace again. Still, he didn't live that long

You realize that this is speculation?
Hah! Have you seen his incredible deflecting skills, and his man-handling of Adi Gallia?

Incredible deflecting skills? Revan have incredible deflecting skills too. Want me to give an example?

And am I supposed to be impressed by Adi Gallia? What are her accomplishments?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on May 19th, 2013 at 06:46 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:42 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tbh, Savage appears to be far more skilled than he has any right to be. Especially since a doublebladed lightsaber is harder to use. Maybe if his training with Dooku had been fleshed out a bit more and was shown to be longer than it seemed to be, it wouldn't be such a head-scratcher.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

Adi Gallia turned on her furious-fighter mode against Grievous, and that was impressive. And Savage deflected better than Starkiller against a patrol of Mandalorian officers (Satine's) quite handily. I'd show you but I can't post video links until 20 posts are done. I'll novelize it for you if you want.

Last edited by Taay'hai on May 19th, 2013 at 06:49 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Taay'hai a Private Message Find more posts by Taay'hai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Adi Gallia turned on her furious-fighter mode against Grievous, and that was impressive.

And then lost; not impressive.

Any well-trained Jedi is supposed to be an impressive fighter. It is no big deal.

People like Revan represent the elites of the Jedi Order; unmatched in skill and power within a span of many generations.

Try to perceive the difference.

And Savage deflected better than Starkiller against a patrol of Mandalorian officers (Satine's) quite handily. I'd show you but I can't post video links until 20 posts are done. I'll novelize it for you if you want.

Revan comfortably deflected firepower of several Mandalorians (including a leader) from close distance and felled some in response.

Revan actually have a very long and impressive kill record.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on May 19th, 2013 at 07:00 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:56 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
What double standards? I supported my assertion with evidence that Revan's reputation is well earned. You clearly have no counterargument.

Why the hell should I need a counterargument when you dismiss any opinions of characters that supports my argument but use them as proof for yours?

What fearsome reputation? The Jedi didn't fear him.

I used the line you used...

You completely missed the point; did you see Revan struggle to perform a feat with the Force? You have read the novel, right?

God. Do you see Maul struggle force-wise? I only recall seconds after his revival when he had problems grabbing his saber.

Nowhere during the events (covered by the novel) did Revan bring forth his maximum power on the table; not even during his confrontation with Vitiate.

Prove it.

Feats alone do not prove relative strength of a character in comparison to others in the mythos.

Sure as hell better than saying Revan can do stuff he hasn't shown himself to do.

Maul is simply better explored in the mythos in the context of Force powers then Revan. However, given the reputation of latter, he is likely to put Maul to shame in a showdown of Force powers. To give you an idea; Revan could collapse a building if he really wanted to with his TK abilities, as per Drew Karpyshyn. The author envisions Revan as a "very powerful Jedi."

Again: Maul pulled down a big starship with ease and has ragdolled Obi-Wan numerous times. Not sure why it's not good enough.

Heck, Revan is touted as the Jedi Order's strongest champion:

Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order’s most powerful champion. (SWTOR: Revan)
Pretty good hype but not enough.

[QUOTE=14302927]Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
[B]No, I pointed out the difference between Anoon's and Revan's respective standing within the lore. Again, what has Anoon done to complement his apprentice's touts?

Sparred with Qui-Gon, Mace and maybe Yoda (can't remember if Yoda was used as well).

Obi-Wan was just a padawan during that encounter.

...and? Obi-Wan is always gonna be another distraction.

Revan cut a swath through Sith forces stationed aboard the Star Forge; is this not an extraordinary display of skill and power?

Yes, but not really the kind of stuff we're looking for here. Revan has defeated no one of note in lightsaber combat, including SF-stuff.

Obi-Wan killed Grievous with a blaster.

He was winning and has fought him evenly thrice.

Their is difference between fighting and winning, genius.

Ahsoka have also fought Grievous and lived. Would you consider her on par with Obi-Wan now?

There's also a difference between ''surviving'' and ''winning''/''fighting evenly''.

Here;

Revan's raw power in the Force bends Nyris's Sith lightning back at her, utterly destroying the Sith Lord. (Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion)

Again, talking about physical strength.

Subjective speculation.

This is ****ing doomsday.

And these feats prove that he can rule a Sith Empire? Their is hell of a difference between managing a criminal organization and a Sith Empire.

Had Sidious been there, why not?

Sidious regarded Maul as a rival because the latter was a logical threat to RoT and the former couldn't take chances.

...or because he didn't like the thought of Maul bulding a empire that, in time, could rival Sidious' own?

Register this in your brain: Vitiate >> Revan >>>> Maul.

It's still goddamn doomsday.

Where?

Bunch of quotes and description of TCW feats?

Absurd comparison. Prove it that Maul can unleash lightning.

Not really an absurd comparison. Like you, I say Maul can do stuff he hasn't shown. We are both playing by the same rules.

I am not ignoring canon evidence; I am critically evaluating the information that you are offering about Maul which hype his skill and power in contrast to his actual performance.

If Maul is so well-versed in the dark arts, then why have he not been able to unleash some signature Sith powers that many powerful Sith have demonstrated?

He hasn't? Mastering multiple forms at the highest degree and having absurd strength isn't enough?

And he still couldn't subdue (Jedi Master) Obi-Wan? In comparison, Dooku have humiliated Obi-Wan like how many times?

Dooku is one of the most powerful Sith in the entire Mythos. No shame being below him in power really.

Revan is also skilled in all forms of lightsaber combat, as per Drew Karpysyhn.

Skilled in or mastering them all?

- Maul had clear win over Qui-Gon. And Qui-Gon have defeated/subdued any powerful opponent before?

None, other than the quote I gave which sould be enough.

- Bondara fell due to the blast.

In desperation due to losing.

- Opress is not an expert swordsman.

He'd win against most of the Council

- Obi-Wan isn't the top duelist of the Order.

Never claimed so. Doesn't mean he isn't good though.

- Hyperbole

No, unlike being a ''heart of the force'' or ''nearly unstopable''.

That was a not real Maul.

No idea what you're on about.

Revan pack much greater raw power. He doesn't needs immense physical strength to be an overwhelming combatant.

How the hell is he gonna overwhelm Maul?

Same is true for you.

Sure.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

/double post.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

Adi Gallia didn't lose--the hall in the ship exploded and then she and Obi-Wan and Cody were gonna get sucked into space. Grievous ran away and she saved them all.

Secondly, I don't really care for Revan's kill-count, because it depends on the kinds of kills he gets. I don't give a flying **** if he brought down a building. There's no building to bring down on a platform. Secondly, he's not gonna have any lightning to deflect back at the team. He doesn't possess every element the team has, and those that he does, the team has to a better extreme with their focused skill division.

Both Revan and Maul have brought down Mandalores. They have both been reborn. They have both brought down several supports. They are very similar, you realize--but I don't recall him being god of everything, such as lightsaber combat.

The Hero of Tython defeated Vitiate while in a Nexus, and the maul bros can still take HoT down. Revan didn't kill Vitiate, and again, he hasn't any chance of assassinating Maul.

"Revan beats Maul head-on" my ass. He has a team with the combined power to beat Revan head-on, and Maul is capable of soloing Revan, or at least holding off against him. Ever heard the term "Ability vs. Environment", btw?

Savage can play hookie with Revan like he did with pedestrians and throw him over the rail of the platform. If he tries to get back up, he can suck Maul's metal boot. Then Bo-Katan and Vizsla can bomb him off.

Last edited by Taay'hai on May 19th, 2013 at 07:10 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Hero of Tython defeated Vitiate while in a Nexus, and the maul bros can still take HoT down.

Hodor?

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

Originally posted by Nephthys
Hodor?

Well, I saw a post where Maul and Savage run a gauntlet, and the Hero of Tython was on the list, and the majority of members decided HoT would lose. I questioned that myself, but there's possibility for everything.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:15 PM
The_Tempest

quote:
Intrepid37
He'd still win against most of the Council

Possible, not probable. Opress is Council-level, but he felled Gallia through a Force attack. He's definitely a stronger Force user than most of the Council, but I'm not convinced he's a superior swordsman.

quote:
Intrepid37
Not really an absurd comparison. Like you, I say Maul can do stuff he hasn't shown. We are both playing by the same rules.

The TOR!camp generally flinch at the prospect of a debate without double standards.

This will be an excruciating experience for you, my condolences for your patience. erm

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:18 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well, I saw a post where Maul and Savage run a gauntlet, and the Hero of Tython was on the list, and the majority of members decided HoT would lose. I questioned that myself, but there's possibility for everything.

Thats fair enough. The Hero of Tython isn't really as fleshed out as other characters so it is hard to get a gauge on their abilities. But bear in mind that they did defeat Lord Scourge, a guy who's killed over a thousand Jedi/Sith and scares even the Dark Council. And they became much more powerful afterwards.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:26 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Possible, not probable. Opress is Council-level, but he felled Gallia through a Force attack. He's definitely a stronger Force user than most of the Council, but I'm not convinced he's a superior swordsman.

I was talking about an all-out fight actually, but I agree on a whole.

Not every Jedi is cut from the same pie and he should have bigger problems against Grievous than against someone like Fisto in my opinion, despite the latter beating the former.

In a strict saberduel, Opress should have a good shot against anyone but Yoda, Anakin and Mace.

The TOR!camp generally flinch at the prospect of a debate without double standards.

This will be an excruciating experience for you, my condolences for your patience. erm

Alright.

What should I expect?

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:28 PM
Taay'hai

Savage can play hookie with Revan like he did with pedestrians and throw him over the rail of the platform. If he tries to get back up, he can suck Maul's metal boot. Then Bo-Katan and Vizsla can bomb him off.

You guys gotta admit, that could work lol

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:35 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Intrepid37
I was talking about an all-out fight actually, but I agree on a whole.

Not every Jedi is cut from the same pie and he should have bigger problems against Grievous than against someone like Fisto in my opinion, despite the latter beating the former.

In a strict saberduel, Opress should have a good shot against anyone but Yoda, Anakin and Mace.

Opress can definitely hold his own against anyone on the Council in a sword fight and defeat any of them in a no holds barred contest thanks to the Force; Yoda and Mace being the accepted exceptions, of course.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Alright.

What should I expect?

Just more of the same.

Accolades only matter when assigned to a TOR!character; accolades for other characters are ambiguous and hyperbolic. Defeating a member of the Jedi Council is paltry, but taking on a member of the Dark Council is the stuff of divinity. Force nexuses are only relevant for consideration when a non-TOR!character is on one; for TOR!characters, they either weren't using the nexus at all, could duplicate the results on neutral ground, or the nexus wasn't a nexus to begin with. Authorial intent and commentary is, again, relevant only when considering a TOR!character's abilities; for a non-TOR!character, if it's not presented in the text then it's non-canon. And if a TOR!character goes up against a random mook and doesn't do so well, then it's only proof that the mook in question is a badass of epic proportions. But if a non-TOR!character goes up against a mook of his or her era and doesn't stomp them outright, it constitutes proof that the character themselves is weaksauce for not beating said mook.

Trust me. You debate with them long enough, you'll see they indulge in all the tactics I mentioned in a single outing.

thumb up

Old Post May 19th, 2013 07:38 PM
Taay'hai

Adi Gallia didn't lose--the hall in the ship exploded and then she and Obi-Wan and Cody were gonna get sucked into space. Grievous ran away and she saved them all.

Secondly, I don't really care for Revan's kill-count, because it depends on the kinds of kills he gets. I don't give a flying **** if he brought down a building. There's no building to bring down on a platform. Secondly, he's not gonna have any lightning to deflect back at the team. He doesn't possess every element the team has, and those that he does, the team has to a better extreme with their focused skill division.

Both Revan and Maul have brought down Mandalores. They have both been reborn. They have both brought down several supports. They are very similar, you realize--but I don't recall him being god of everything, such as lightsaber combat.

The Hero of Tython defeated Vitiate while in a Nexus, and the maul bros can still take HoT down. Revan didn't kill Vitiate, and again, he hasn't any chance of assassinating Maul.

"Revan beats Maul head-on" my ass. He has a team with the combined power to beat Revan head-on, and Maul is capable of soloing Revan, or at least holding off against him. Ever heard the term "Ability vs. Environment", btw?

I'm surprised SWL hasn't argued against this yet. Either that or he's building up a post worth the Great Wall of China

Old Post May 19th, 2013 08:39 PM
The_Tempest

Give him time. The great serpent is encircling you, with predatorial lethargy, and will soon crush you betwixt his merciless coils.

Old Post May 19th, 2013 09:22 PM
Taay'hai

Wow, that is rather poetic--and so true trolololo

I can only imagine, though, srsly

Old Post May 19th, 2013 09:26 PM
The_Tempest

You could always imagine the great serpent in my pants. no expression

Old Post May 19th, 2013 09:29 PM