KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 121 122 [123] 124 125 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

On another note: I was extremely happy with Kenobi's portrayal. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
On another note: I was extremely happy with Kenobi's portrayal. thumb up

So was I. thumb up thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:56 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Good episode tbh. Tonally spot on. Fanbois will get mad that Maul got trashed but from a storytelling perspective? Well done. smile

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Honestly my favorite episode since TCW's Lost Missions finale.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wow. Didn't expect that. Very cinematic.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:36 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Preview for the series finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7Ww2BVHeU

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

This series greatest failing is that the plot centers too much on Lothal. It would be far more interesting to see them going to places like Mon Calamari, Naboo, Coruscant, ect. to recruit species and resources to the Rebel alliance.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Saw it, was...alright. It kinda felt drawn out too long for my tastes. But I guess only narrowly so.

That said...was Maul banking on Ezra actually coming to Tatooine and just so happen to run into Kenobi? That seems like a really stretched plan.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The episode itself was pretty mediocre.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:11 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The_Tempest
How will Quan cope, I wonder... hmmm.
How will I react is the question ?? I'll first see predictions before I inform you.

Anyone calling Maul second rate is ignoring continuity.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:56 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

Maul should have stayed dead. Poor dude has been humiliated again and again ever since he came back.

Well yeah I'm left wondering what was the point in bringing him back.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Yikes. That was bad.

Ares, this show sucks bro.

Terrible show with horrid management.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 19th, 2017 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilord

Uh..hi..I'm new here. And I suppose you could say I've been lurking for a while, but this episode prompted me to make an account. Mostly because I think people are missing the point of the episode. It's basically about
1.Explaining why the merging of the Holocrons in the second episode was consider dangerous. It's actually kinda of meta injoke as well as an interesting contrast to how normal visions in Star Wars work. When Anakin had visions in ROTS, the Force showed it to him. The Holocrons are two people USING the Force to force hit to reveal hidden destines, that if altered before their correct time to come to light, may completely unravel and change the fate of the galaxy forever.
What this means is that the writers literally used the fans fear of Maul and Ezra breaking canon by encountering Kenobi, and MAKE IT A LEGIT PLOT POINT THAT THIS ENITRE SITUATJON WOULD HAVE NEVER OCCURED AND SHOULDNT HAVE IF MAUL HADN'T PLAYED EZRA.

2. Use Kenobi's as a way to finally answer for certain what Ezra's purpose in the story. This is where you have to have been actually following Ezra's thematic, and narrative arc to understand the next part. All you really need to know is that Ezra was born on the literal formation of the Empire, his parents were proto-rebels, and throughout the entire series, either through his ability to relate and empathize others, or simply his willingness to help, he is responsible for uniting the first rebels cells ever in that time period in S1's finale, which caused a domino effect that finally turned the war "hot" (as referenced in the Secret Cargo episode, when the other Rebel cell disliked the Ghost causing the Rebels to start fighting to early.) and I can list many other times his ability to form attachments to others has help him and crew achieve victories that should be impossible.

Hence why what Kenobi informs Ezra of is so important. Luke is the one destined to destroy the Sith and bring balance to Force. Not Ezra. That is true. But Kenobi revealed in the episode rather causally that because Maul caused all this shit, Ezra was lead away from his true destiny, and it is intertwined with the Rebellion in all its forms.

My theory? The Skywalkers will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force. Ezra Bridger born on the day of the Emoire's rise, will be the one to ensure its downfall. But that's my guess. But if I'm right, then this ENITRE episode was made specifically to clear up any misconceptions about Luke and Ezra. Ezra is the fall of the Empire, Like the fall of the Sith.

3. To force Ezra to accept that everything his friends sacrificed, he fought for, that even after finding the man that even Darth Vader couldn't find, that he did it all for nothing. In short to stop denying and justifying what he's done with excuses. And Ezra actually finally learns this lesson for good, symbolized by Maul being slain so easily by Kenobi. Maul's legacy dies with him, not Ezra. Maul was also meant to be symbolic adversary to Ezra. An threat representing the path he might take if he lets his obssession fuel his life. But in the end he chose to a Jedi, and more importantly, a Rebel.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Evilord a Private Message Find more posts by Evilord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Did Quan die?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:41 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Did Quan die?

Lol

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilord

Well now I feel a bit depressed. I write that massive analysis, and no one even chimed in to say how it was terrible and I'm an idiot. Heh. All joking aside, if you want to to compare Kenobi/RebelsMaul with Kanan/RebelsMaul you need to keep in mind that in the Kanan fight in Malachor, Maul had pretended to be weak in front of Ezra, but was clearly at his strength then, which of course makes Kanan beating a bit well silly, but if you write off as Kanan aiming more to delay Maul from getting Ezra by throwing him down a level, then it works perfectly fine. Now RebelsMaul/Kenobi was literally him at the end of his rope, and finiding he never achieved anything of worth. Even Ezra, the one chance he had for a new legacy, has returned to Kanan finally free of conflict between light and dark. Maul died only with the hope that the Chosen One will avenge all that Sidious took from everyone.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Evilord a Private Message Find more posts by Evilord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Did Quan die?
?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:48 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Interesting thoughts Evilord, some salient points about the event never having supposed to occured, I think in that respect the way in which tonally the episode was very abstract if not meta lent itself very well to that. It was a critical denounment for Kenobi and Maul, and an important moment for Ezra as well, but not in way that proved overbearing to the central saga's story and setting. If you watch Rebels Recon, you'll see how over the course of developing the episode they steadily stripped away the backdrop until only the critical elements remained (Maul, Kenobi and Ezra in a desert) and that's why the episode worked so well. Some of their best work, if I'm being honest.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 19th, 2017 at 03:13 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by quanchi112
?

Maul was your fave.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:12 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ "The best thing is Maul's still alive! Vader died!!!"

Lmao

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 05:23 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 05:38 PM