KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 122 123 [124] 125 126 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Maul was your fave.
Second favorite behind Snoke. He was glorious until the bitter end.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 09:55 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ "The best thing is Maul's still alive! Vader died!!!"

Lmao
Maul was his own man up until his death. Vader was someone else's twisted, crippled man servant until his bitter end when he decided to puss out and switch teams, again. Maul a true dark sider while Vader was only a pretender.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 09:57 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Found the samurai-esque duel to be fun, as we've already had acrobatics galore and there's no shame in Maul losing the way he did, Kenobi was simply the superior fighter; we all knew that.

But what I found lol worthy, Maul dying in Kenobi's arms, he shouldn't have gone out whimpering like a baby, imo. He should have died with spite and malice in his face to the bitter end, a Cpt. Ahab like endings: "for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 20th, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Found the samurai-esque duel to be fun, as we've already had acrobatics galore and there's no shame in Maul losing the way he did, Kenobi was simply the superior fighter; we all knew that.

But what I found lol worthy, Maul dying in Kenobi's arms, he shouldn't have gone out whimpering like a baby, imo. He should have died with spite and malice in his face to the bitter end, a Cpt. Ahab like endings: "for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."
You didn't grasp the meaning of what it implied. This isn't surprising but you have always expressed a disinterest in the animated Star Wars shows so why do you even watch it ? I bet you just watched the clip of the fight.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 11:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I clearly grasped it, as I noted the problem I had with it, Maul's the spite driven guy, he's the guy who will wait 20+ years to pay someone back for a wrong. He should have died with a final spit right in Kenobi's right eye, not like a whimpering baby. It was a poor ending to the character, not the fight mind you; what he chose to do with his last breaths.

This is my opinion of his death, you don't have to get personal and bent out of shape over it with subdued insults and crazy claims.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I clearly grasped it, as I noted the problem I had with it, Maul's the spite driven guy, he's the guy who will wait 20+ years to pay someone back for a wrong. He should have died with a final spit right in Kenobi's right eye, not like a whimpering baby. It was a poor ending to the character, not the fight mind you; what he chose to do with his last breaths.

This is my opinion of his death, you don't have to get personal and bent out of shape over it with subdued insults and crazy claims.
No, that wasn't what he did in his final moments.

To his dying breath Maul is hoping there will be some revenge exacted upon his enemies. And in my mind, Obi-Wan expresses sadness there because that means that Maul has never grown and will never be released from his suffering. So I felt that moment had to be beyond a lightsaber fight and had to be more an expression of their characters.”

Maul would never let go of his hatred until his death. He wanted vengeance on all his enemies and never let anything go. Kenobi wasn't the only guy he felt slighted him. Maul was selfish to the bitter end and Kenobi was selfless to the bitter end. He died to help others and Luke. They both embodied their opposing philosophies perfectly. This was done right.

Two true polar opposites from life until death.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 12:04 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm saying that's what he should have done, being Maul. Therein lies my gripe with the character's final moments.

What Filoni said really doesn't counter what I said though, since we're talking about different things.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 21st, 2017 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 02:30 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I'm saying that's what he should have done, being Maul. Therein lies my gripe with the character's final moments.

What Filoni said really doesn't counter what I said though, since we're talking about different things.
What he did so was consistent with his character. He never let go of his hatred for his enemies. A true Sith who was his own man fulfilling his own agenda to the bitter end.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 03:11 AM
Darth Thor

I actually liked the way he took his death. He basically accepted it. But funnily enough, despite rooting for Obi-Wan and the chosen one to beat the Sith (which some see as a partial redemption), he was still talking about vengeance in his final breath.

Heck beats begging for his life like he was doing when he though Palpatine was going to kill him.

Also liked how Obi-Wan felt sadness for him despite all he's done.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I actually liked the way he took his death. He basically accepted it. But funnily enough, despite rooting for Obi-Wan and the chosen one to beat the Sith (which some see as a partial redemption), he was still talking about vengeance in his final breath.

Heck beats begging for his life like he was doing when he though Palpatine was going to kill him.

Quit repeating my points a post down like they are your own. You've hated Maul for his run on Clone Ware and Rebels. That's what fleshed the character out and you're just a fanboy who wants fanboy feats. You cheered Vader in rogue one despite his epic failure and clumsy scene against grunts. Typical fanboyism.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 01:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
What he did so was consistent with his character. He never let go of his hatred for his enemies. A true Sith who was his own man fulfilling his own agenda to the bitter end.

As I said: He should have died with fire in his eyes, not water. So to speak.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 03:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No problem with Maul accepting his death, as it's not like he had a choice considering, just the lack of malice and true spite in the bitter end. We got a fizzle.

Cowardice is part of the character, though I am glad they didn't go that path in his ending.

I did like that, as that's who Kenobi is. Maul still should have been disgusted with Kenobi's kindness and spat in Kenobi's eye for daring to cradle him like an infant.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 03:58 PM
Darth Thor

I did like that, as that's who Kenobi is. Maul still should have been disgusted with Kenobi's kindness and spat in Kenobi's eye for daring to cradle him like an infant.

I think the point was in the end he knows his hole life being shit is down far more to Palpatine than Kenobi. But there was nothing really he could do about that. And Kenobi never even wanted to fight Maul, it was always Maul who came after him and his friends.

Which ultimately is the reason Kenobi had grown far more powerful. Maul only had petty reasons to live on through his suffering, whereas Kenobi at this stage has a much higher purpose, and is more calm and enlightened than he's ever been.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

As I said: He should have died with fire in his eyes, not water. So to speak.
He died with fire in his eyes. I already stated that's why Kenobi looked on with pity. They would never see eye to eye as they were polar opposites. Both couldn't see the merits in what the other valued. He let nothing go at the point before his death. A true Sith. Great death. Never let anything go. Words to live by.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 06:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
He died with fire in his eyes. I already stated that's why Kenobi looked on with pity. They would never see eye to eye as they were polar opposites. Both couldn't see the merits in what the other valued. He let nothing go at the point before his death. A true Sith. Great death. Never let anything go. Words to live by.
Whimpering while being cradled like an infant isn't what I would call that. But let's just agree to disagree, you were happy with Maul's final moments, I saw it as a disservice to the character. He should have spat in Kenobi's eye, that's fire.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 06:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I think the point was in the end he knows his hole life being shit is down far more to Palpatine than Kenobi. But there was nothing really he could do about that. And Kenobi never even wanted to fight Maul, it was always Maul who came after him and his friends.

Which ultimately is the reason Kenobi had grown far more powerful. Maul only had petty reasons to live on through his suffering, whereas Kenobi at this stage has a much higher purpose, and is more calm and enlightened than he's ever been.

Regardless that he realizes his life was a series of failures and that Palpatine was a if not the cause, he should have spat in Kenobi's eye, that would have been a fitting final moment to Maul.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 06:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Whimpering while being cradled like an infant isn't what I would call that. But let's just agree to disagree, you were happy with Maul's final moments, I saw it as a disservice to the character. He should have spat in Kenobi's eye, that's fire.
And Maul not letting anything go is very true of the character. If you dint take my word for it here the creator who is the guy who brought him back and breathed life into the character into existence. He was a mainly silent assassin in the film and the seeks brought his character to life. You don't think he understood the character.

This idea is that Obi-Wan is willing to forgive this person who is so cruel and terrible because he feels pity for him. To his dying breath Maul is hoping there will be some revenge exacted upon his enemies. And in my mind, Obi-Wan expresses sadness there because that means that Maul has never grown and will never be released from his suffering. So I felt that moment had to be beyond a lightsaber fight and had to be more an expression of their characters.”

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 06:57 PM
ares834

Maul’s final moments were great. It really showns how much this character has grown over these two shows. And he was still spiteful to the bitter end, though it is against the Sith not Kenobi.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 21st, 2017 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 07:14 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Quan,

Yes, I understand what their intention was, as you've copy/pasted it above. The execution of the final moments is what I had a problem with, as Maul looked sad af whimpering in Kenobi's arms. I wanted fire and unrelenting hatred in his face; we got what amounted to a quivering lip.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 07:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Quan,

Yes, I understand what their intention was, as you've copy/pasted it above. The execution of the final moments is what I had a problem with, as Maul looked sad af whimpering in Kenobi's arms. I wanted fire and unrelenting hatred in his face; we got what amounted to a quivering lip.
You said that wasn't an accurate representation of the character when we have the creator of his animated traits saying otherwise. He hated in his final moment. You disagree with the creator and said it was a disservice to the character. It wasn't but continue to disagree with the creator and say he didn't understand him.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 07:21 PM