KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 124 125 [126] 127 128 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Getting trounced by Sidious isn't exactly underperforming for Maul. Doing as well as he did at the end there is probably his best combat showing, like, ever.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 11:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Sorry Quan, what Maul said about his abilities and being inferior to Vader is what the writer(s) believe, that makes it fact. As fact, Vader is superior to Maul and Maul knows this. This can't be argued, fanfic all you like, but pushing it as truth is silly.

So what? Bragging that Maul was able to disarm a Padawan really isn't much of a brag, not does it help Maul look good, considering despite his superiority at the time, he lost the fight due to being a dunce. Kenobi at his best > Maul at his best, this is another fact supported with evidence.

Um. Vader defeated Palpatine. Another thing Vader has over Maul who begged for his life when he took on Palpy, despite having a 2-to-1 advantage. Seems this is a trend with Maul, having the advantage and still underperforming, no?

Those books will be a source they'll tap into to show Thrawn's prowess. I'm a HUGE Vader fan and I have absolutely no worry about Kylo, as there's nothing to worry about. Kylo per his words is the #1 Vader fanboy and aspires to be a great as Vader, that's a good thing as a Vader fan.
Nah, that is bad logic. They aren't the characters nor do they own the characters. They rent them out. The characters are bigger than that. Maul has comic book appearances, etc. this is just another opinion. If it doesn't reach or become canon it's just said person's opinion.

Maul is past his prime in the rebels era. That cannot be argued. That's fact because when we see the creators talk they corroborate this which is canon. The evidence supports he's an older, frailer, lost and broken individual. This is canon so their opinion on something that is in continuity is irrefutable fact not their opinions on a theoretical matchup. My logic is sound as always.

I didn't brag about that I said that's something Vader has never done to Kenobi. Maul has. Vader killed him when he allowed it so he could become more powerful. He even says as much so if you want to rant and rave about him purposely allowing his own death that's your deal.

Kenobi at his best was always inferior to Maul at his best. He fled, was bfrd, and passed out in Maul's arms who spared him. He made him watch as he killed satine his ex. Maul is truly an impact player. Maul was a true enemy of Kenobi's in every conceivable way. Vader when manipulated opposed Kenobi but at his core he's a Jedi not a Sith. Maul at his core embodies the Sith philosophy.

Vader killed him but he was busy and foolishly dropped his own guard while torturing his own son. It wasn't a fair fight he just picked him up and hurled him to his death. The effects of the fl were going to kill Vader while Maul took these effects for a far greater duration and was completely fine. Another comparison in which Vader looks pitiful in direct comparison.

Palpatine was better than Maul at this time. Savage was more of a hindrance than an actual help. He was weak and went down. Maul pressed Sidious in one of the greatest duels in the star wars mythos.

Maul met up with him after. He became indifferent to pain and he always opposed Palpatine since. His hatred for his former master is unrelenting. Maul is his own man.

Kylo will surpass Vader. He already has in evil since he killed his father whereas Vader failed against his son. Kylo has a chip on his shoulder which will make him greater. Mark my words.

Maybe but it isn't canon. Thrawn is a better character than Vader. He isn't mentally weak and won't just jump ship as Vader has done twice in his lifetime.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 12:06 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Great final episode, really had a Rogue One feeling in my opinion.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 09:37 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Without spoiling names but how many members of the Ghost crew die?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:05 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Getting trounced by Sidious isn't exactly underperforming for Maul. Doing as well as he did at the end there is probably his best combat showing, like, ever.
You can't really call that an impressive showing since Sidious didn't wan't to kill Maul. Or the fight would have ended in one move.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:06 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by juggernaut74

Probably none, since were gonna have another season. But shall see tonight I guess.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 25th, 2017 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I watch on Google Play so I have to wait until tomorrow morning. Which is fine, gotta support the show to keep it going.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 01:42 PM
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by juggernaut74

None other Rebels will die though

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 02:30 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The episodes were decent, not great.

I liked Thrawn's "What Jedi devilry is this?!" In fact, Thrawn in general was quite good. The rest... eh.

Overall, this season was a disappointment and the worst season yet. The show seems to be mostly spinning wheels at this point.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 03:26 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by ares834
The episodes were decent, not great.

I liked Thrawn's "What Jedi devilry is this?!" In fact, Thrawn in general was quite good. The rest... eh.

Overall, this season was a disappointment and the worst season yet. The show seems to be mostly spinning wheels at this point.

This season had some of the most complex and interesting plots of the entire series, e.g. the Mandalore arc or the premiere. It wasn't perfect, I'm definitely the first one to admit that there were a lot of things missing this season but in general they've stepped up a level.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 03:55 PM
Evilord

Bendu is pretty powerful. I'll analyze this more once I get a better read on the episode.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Evilord a Private Message Find more posts by Evilord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So they fiiiiiiiiiinally had Hera and Kanan admit what we've known since season 1.

Hera: "Now, hurry back love."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 05:45 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I really loved these two episodes - Kanan, Thrawn, and the Bendu in particular.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah Thrawn got handled really well IMO

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 07:21 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

This the season finale?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 07:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yes.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 07:58 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The best episodes this entire season for sure. Overall though, Season 3 was really lame. Hopefully the fourth season is the last.

Originally posted by KingD19
So they fiiiiiiiiiinally had Hera and Kanan admit what we've known since season 1.

Hera: "Now, hurry back love."
? She always calls him love.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 08:23 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilord

Musing on Ezra again, once again, even with the Bendu's massive rage attack, and other factors, if Ezra hadn't relied on his connection with Sabine, and aimed to gain Clan Wrens assistance the Rebels would have been totally wiped out due to the last Interdector. Ezra as always subtly changes the outcome for the Rebels. The Force is with him again now that he's on the right path.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Evilord a Private Message Find more posts by Evilord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So I kinda had mixed feelings on this episode, on one hand it was good, on the other in some scenes I was raising my brow a few times.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

A very disappointing finale for a very disappointing season. I mean yeah, the rebellion took a huge beating, but we already knew that was going to happen sooner or later. But Thrawn just didn't have the sort of personal impact on the main casts the previous two season-finale villains did. Something should have happened that impacted the Ghost Crew in a permanent and emotional way. Like maybe kill off Hera or something.

Season 1 and season 2 were great, but somewhere along the lines, season 3 fizzled out and all that buildup from Thrawn throughout the entire season never felt like it paid off.

And whatever happened to the darkside Ezra subplot? Why did that have to get canned? It had so much potential. Wish they hadn't killed off Maul so pointlessly. Could've made him a real wildcard throughout this finale

Don't get me wrong. It was a decent episode. But while I was wowed by the previous two season finales, the only thing this finale registered out of me was a quick and simple 'meh.'

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote