KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last weeks Bruce Wayne confronting Match's story is the best thing they've done, imo.

But now he's back to being a pointless, boring side story again..

The Penguin and Nigma stories are the main reasons I'm watching. Gordon, I can't take seriously anymore.. Not after murdering a guy in cold blood, and trying to cover it up.

Plus, the commish is a stooge.. End of the last season, they kept switching from action scenes to him sitting at a desk making phone calls. They had to have known how ridiculous it looked, and probably meant to make the "by the book" guy ineffective and foolish..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:16 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You've got to admit, Gotham's been pretty fun lately.

It's like they went full on Snakes on a Plane and ramped up the absurdity and awesomeness to 11.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 08:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So..

They've been pretty obviously hinting Penguin is gay, and has a thing for Nygma.

OTOH, it's so heavy handed, it could be a red herring. Most of the people I talk with think he just substitutes Nygma for his mother.

Which may be true, but I don't know who the hell makes a giant candlelight dinner for his mom while practicing saying "I love you".

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love triangle with Oswald and Nygma is pretty funny.

And Barnes is turning into Judge Dredd.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2016 03:44 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Binged this show on Netflix and I love it. Jim is kinda screwed now. Penguin kinda screwed himself. Strange-resurrected Jerome is about to screw up everything. At least Bruce will be able to take down the court of owls. I'm anticipating the new mid season more than any Marvel or CW show. Can't believe I missed out for so long.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 08:14 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Been keeping up with this more lately, tho have to say I find this Jim's moral compass too damn flippant at times, at least since S2.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 08:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol @ Jerome channeling Ledger's Joker.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 02:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I stopped watching halfway through last season, but watched the first episode of the new season and liked it so much I then watched the next episode as well. I hear the ratings have been steadily dropping and this might be the last season.

I wonder if that might not be a good thing?

First of all, that means the show has nothing to lose and the writers can pull out all the stops. Second, ending Gotham at the point where Bruce is transforming into the Batman we're all familiar with seems logical. It also sets up the possibility for a follow-up...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:33 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I figured the ratings were dropping from the change in the day of the week it airs.
Like you said though, it means the show can go for broke, and end things at a good Bat point for Bruce, a salute to the fans who have stuck with the show.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

If it is the final season, I hope the Joker turns up or we at least get teased about it, like in the last episode where the doctor guy was looking very Heath.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:11 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I stopped watching halfway through last season, but watched the first episode of the new season and liked it so much I then watched the next episode as well. I hear the ratings have been steadily dropping and this might be the last season.

I wonder if that might not be a good thing?

First of all, that means the show has nothing to lose and the writers can pull out all the stops. Second, ending Gotham at the point where Bruce is transforming into the Batman we're all familiar with seems logical. It also sets up the possibility for a follow-up...

Have they done a time jump? They really should have if this is the last season. To help get young Bruce, to not so young Bruce about to become Batman.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No time jump, for which i'm glad. I wouldnt be opposed to it in the last ep.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It's not officially the last season, just speculation based on the ratings that are dropping. No time jump, but Bruce has the beginning of a Bat suit and he's started patrolling the streets at night.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:12 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It's not officially the last season, just speculation based on the ratings that are dropping. No time jump, but Bruce has the beginning of a Bat suit and he's started patrolling the streets at night.

I know, but I'd prefer they plan the ending instead of just waiting to be cancelled.

I'd also prefer a time jump if they're gonna have Bruce starting up as Batman.

Anyway hopefully if this gets a S5, they plan the ending properly for that season.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sticking through season 3, I felt I was mostly punishing myself by the end. With how many characters they killed off left and right, deaths in the show just lost their shock value by a certain point in the season, and even more pointless when a good chunk of characters in the show don't stay dead for long anyway. Penguin's revenge on Nigma was satisfying though, I'll give it that, as was the beginning of Bruce's journey.

The current season is alright so far. Liked the take on Scarecrow for the most part.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:42 PM
riv6672

Yeah i'm digging that part, the Bruce in patrol.
Your speculation is sound though, given ratings and the new weekday.
As for the time jump, i'd prefer something like one minute long, at the end of the last ep. showing Batman on a rooftop or something,nothing that would require new actors.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 10:34 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That reminds me, had quite a "whoa" moment earlier when I learned or realized not too long ago that the actor for Gordon in this show had voiced Batman in I believe the Year One animated movie...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 10:41 PM
riv6672

Yeah, i ran across that info for a different thread i post in. Thought it waa pretty cool!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 10:53 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so far this season has been pretty good. but they [rolly should've kept it on monday nights

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

They have to give that slot to shows they figure will pull in better ratings.
I get it.
At least it wasnt bumped to the Friday night death slot.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:27 AM