KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I can't help finding Agent Carter just a bad show. Nowhere near the quality of "Agents of Shield".

Wow, to me it's the exact opposite.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I think Fish Mooney might be the most cringeworthy character on any show I've ever seen. I honestly can't even think of a close runner-up.

So bad.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Carter > all

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:46 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They'll have her wearing an eye-patch now, will be fun

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Rant begins*

How the hell is it a stand-off between Fish and the Dollmaker's goons? If it was me, I would just toss in a bunch of stun grenades, followed by teargas, and by the time the morons in my basement collect themselves, they're all chained up. Even if you lose a few, so what? There are plenty more where they come from.

Even the doctor said tonight it will be an acceptable loss. So Fish [SPOILER - highlight to read]: digs out her eye with a knife. So what? She still has another one, doesn't she? Sorry, but this has been bugging me since last week. If she had pulled that crap on me, I would just have instructed my goons to aim low and go wild. After you've shot them all in the legs, they won't be so frisky any more. And Fish will be my *****.

Rant ends*

The more I watch this show, the more it grows on me. First, I had to accept it's a drama. But, it's an interesting drama, with interesting characters and interesting stories, not to mention an excellent cast. Once I accepted that, I could start relaxing and enjoy watching it, instead of sitting and waiting the whole time for the action to start, like in Arrow or Flash or Shield or Vikings. And I enjoy the fact that every now and again they allow themselves to be a bit silly, like with the Red Hood tonight.

Sadly, with Carter the opposite has happened. The longer it goes on the more I lose interest. Boring characters, boring actors and boring story lines.

I have a question, though. When is this show supposed to be taking place? I see they have cellphones, so is this taking place in the nineties?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 11:31 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I assumed the show to be taking place in present day.

I do have a question though for those who say they do not like this show. If given a choice would you rather watch Gotham or one of the 8,000 Law and Order shows out there?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 11:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Rant begins*

How the hell is it a stand-off between Fish and the Dollmaker's goons? If it was me, I would just toss in a bunch of stun grenades, followed by teargas, and by the time the morons in my basement collect themselves, they're all chained up. Even if you lose a few, so what? There are plenty more where they come from.

Even the doctor said tonight it will be an acceptable loss. So Fish [SPOILER - highlight to read]: digs out her eye with a knife. So what? She still has another one, doesn't she? Sorry, but this has been bugging me since last week. If she had pulled that crap on me, I would just have instructed my goons to aim low and go wild. After you've shot them all in the legs, they won't be so frisky any more. And Fish will be my *****.

Rant ends*

The more I watch this show, the more it grows on me. First, I had to accept it's a drama. But, it's an interesting drama, with interesting characters and interesting stories, not to mention an excellent cast. Once I accepted that, I could start relaxing and enjoy watching it, instead of sitting and waiting the whole time for the action to start, like in Arrow or Flash or Shield or Vikings. And I enjoy the fact that every now and again they allow themselves to be a bit silly, like with the Red Hood tonight.

Sadly, with Carter the opposite has happened. The longer it goes on the more I lose interest. Boring characters, boring actors and boring story lines.

I have a question, though. When is this show supposed to be taking place? I see they have cellphones, so is this taking place in the nineties?

It was actually a spoon, so all your points are invalid

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 11:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Robtard
It was actually a spoon, so all your points are invalid

My most profound apologies - I humbly grovel for forgiveness. As you so correctly noted, thus I have invalidated each and every point I made so laboriously.

However, since you didn't answer my question - I refute you thus: "There is no spoon!"

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 11:55 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Surtur
I assumed the show to be taking place in present day.

I do have a question though for those who say they do not like this show. If given a choice would you rather watch Gotham or one of the 8,000 Law and Order shows out there?

It can't be in the present day. Have you looked at their computer screens? They are all old and boxy - they actually look like the screens we had in the nineties. I haven't noticed any modern cars, either. I figure if this is telling the story of Bruce's past, and I assume Batman to be in his midthirties now, that would make this a show of Gotham about twenty years ago, which will fit with Bruce being in his early teens.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 12:00 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It can't be in the present day. Have you looked at their computer screens? They are all old and boxy - they actually look like the screens we had in the nineties. I haven't noticed any modern cars, either. I figure if this is telling the story of Bruce's past, and I assume Batman to be in his midthirties now, that would make this a show of Gotham about twenty years ago, which will fit with Bruce being in his early teens.

I just figured Gotham PD was so shitty they are behind in their computers.

But then someone said they have cell phones, that is an easy way to figure out the time frame. Were these the huge bulky cell phones from the late 80s-early 90s?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 12:09 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My most profound apologies - I humbly grovel for forgiveness. As you so correctly noted, thus I have invalidated each and every point I made so laboriously.However, since you didn't answer my question - I refute you

thus: "There is no spoon!"

Seems somewhat like a mash-up of the 70's through 90's, but the mid-late 90's or even early 2000's isn't a bad guess. Lots of flip-phones and CRT monitors seen

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 12:13 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My question is why not set it during present day? Period pieces always require more work, even if it's just from 15-20 years ago. I don't think the story would of suffered if they just said Bruce Wayne WAS a kid circa 2015.

After all due to the nature of comics this stuff does have to change. If he'd be in his mid 30's in present day that means he was born in the 1970s-1980s. Shows an obvious change, as Batman circa the 1940's and 1950's surely wasn't born in the 1970s, but the comics had to change with the times.

Meh not a big deal I guess, just something I find unnecessary.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 12:20 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

They wanted gritty and the 90's were WAY grittier than 2014-15. How badass would Bullock look using a ****ing bent iPhone 6 while driving a Nissan Leaf? Exactly

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 12:32 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Robtard
They wanted gritty and the 90's were WAY grittier than 2014-15. How badass would Bullock look using a ****ing bent iPhone 6 while driving a Nissan Leaf? Exactly

As badass as a hacker Dr Doom or a Hipster "Mark Zuckerberg" Lex Luthor

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 25th, 2015 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 12:44 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm disgusted with both of those, now sure which disgust me more. Probably the Dr. being made into a beta-male

I'm still hoping Zuckerberg doesn't Asperger-out Lex. But I know it's likely

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:51 PM
Darth Thor

The flip cell phones would put this show at around the turn of the century

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 10:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It was bad-ass when Bruce beat up that Bully and you know it.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 10:54 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ForumPoster81
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 11:10 AM
ForumPoster81 is currently offline Click here to Send ForumPoster81 a Private Message Find more posts by ForumPoster81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I found the latest episode really entertaining. Each of the multiple plots had me interested.

Now If only they can give us that quality on a more regular basis then I'll become a big fan.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 10:45 PM
-K-M-

Haha Barbara is terrible. Best part of this episode was fish's cleavage....rest was terrible

Not sure if I'll be back for season 2, but riddlers descent into madness looks interesting and the bat cave revealed.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 01:00 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Her cleavage was nice, but it was completely overshadowed by that horrendous, fem-hipster hairdo/scalp-bedazzlement. sick

This season was just terrible on every conceivable level. Definitely will not be back for season 2. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote