KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 78 79 [80] 81 82 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
this episode was super gross, heavy-handed garbage.

#cringeinism

This.

I mean a lot of the CW shows have always had these kind of undertones, but it was more a read between the lines situation. With the latest seasons of their shows though, they've just thrown caution to the wind it seems. We've now had this Flash turd of an episode, the anti-Trump stuff on both Supernatural and Supergirl, and the mansplaining comments dropped on the one Legends of Tomorrow episode.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It doesn’t stop me from enjoying what I otherwise tend to like about these shows, but I don’t blame anyone whose stopped watching in part because of this stuff.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This.

I mean a lot of the CW shows have always had these kind of undertones, but it was more a read between the lines situation. With the latest seasons of their shows though, they've just thrown caution to the wind it seems. We've now had this Flash turd of an episode, the anti-Trump stuff on both Supernatural and Supergirl, and the mansplaining comments dropped on the one Legends of Tomorrow episode.

I'm not sure who the target audience is.

Do they care about comic fans at all? Do the people they're targeting even read comics?

Did everyone get a memo they had to remake the ratings magic from Buffy/Angel/Spike, and this is what we get?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 01:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by cdtm
I'm not sure who the target audience is.

Do they care about comic fans at all? Do the people they're targeting even read comics?

Did everyone get a memo they had to remake the ratings magic from Buffy/Angel/Spike, and this is what we get?

Yeah, and this is not even getting into Arrow, which is arguably the worst of the lot at this point. Oliver Queen has been reduced to little more than a bystander on his own show. I didn't start watching Arrow to see him deal with the struggles of single parenthood, while a bunch of other people do the actual comic book heroics.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 03:13 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I like where it’s still going otherwise (last episode was solid), and next episode you’ll have Ollie teaming up with Slade again, so he’s not completely on the sidelines at least. Just waiting till Diggle gets caught red handed and Oliver has no choice but to return as GA...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 06:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL@ #feminism and "I like Doctor Who now that it's a lady". Cringeworthy.

But hilarious because of the sexism too that is unknowingly displayed. Only liking a show because it now stars a woman? Lol, #Sexist

And remember how they killed off the male president and replaced him with a strong black woman? Nice.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 8th, 2017 at 07:33 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I find Ralph kinda annoying.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur

But hilarious because of the sexism too that is unknowingly displayed. Only liking a show because it now stars a woman? Lol, #Sexist

And remember how they killed off the male president and replaced him with a strong black woman? Nice.

Much as I like anything Slade, right off the bat it flies in the face of "Can't worry my boy anymore, tag in Diggle!"

If he won't stand firm and try getting a standin, if not Diggle himself, then what's even the point?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Half of the episode was funny, the other half made me want to tear my eyes out

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:54 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Drunk Barry was funny. Was it just me though or did it seem like the magnetic womans accent would vary depending on the scene?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:13 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur

This, right here, was one of the things that I found the most irritating. Cecile's daughter is a blatant sexist. If you had to flip the roles, and a guy had to claim he started watching a show just because a lead character became male, they would be crucified. He'd be called sexist, misogynist etc. But when she does it, it's go feminism. What's more, it's actually insulting to a character like Dr Who, with a long, rich history, to reduce them to their gender. And let's not forget her "male gaze" crap to justify stripping behind her mother's back.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:54 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

#misandry?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:25 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That feeling when Legends has a better episode than Flash.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Had an alarming thought. That is to say, another one. All this SJW hypocrisy continues, all the shows get cancelled because of it, it gets blamed on sexism.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 11:49 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Had an alarming thought. That is to say, another one. All this SJW hypocrisy continues, all the shows get cancelled because of it, it gets blamed on sexism.

Well that is the trouble, anytime you insert this BS into a tv show or movie...it comes with a built in excuse. Any criticism is...sexism. Ghostbusters gets bad reviews? It's just those darn Men Going Their Own Way. Amy Schumers comedy special gets horrible reviews? It's just the alt right doing it(hint, it was not lol).

The upcoming Lord of the Flies where they say it is going to be all female now? You already know the answer to "what happens if it does bad?". Oh that is assuming it still happens, some women responded with "women would never be that savage". That "Barbie" movie Amy Schumer was set to star in, but has dropped out of? It's still going on, and you know the drill: success or sexism. There is no other possibility.

I feel bad for whatever dude is unlucky enough to end up with Ceciles daughter. Joe: keep Wally away from that chick. I would say "well they'd be step siblings so maybe that would stop it" but ha, your other step son is already banging your daughter Joe.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:22 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
#misandry?

More like "give the audience what it wants".

If you think your main audience is SJW/reddit armchair activists, give them a little thrill by sprinkling in halfassed stuff you think would titter them a little. Like whatever's supposed to "trigger" mra's.

I bet they just go through the latest flame wars on social media, and base their garbage off of that without giving it any serious thought.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the following exchange:

Felicity: Guys we did it
Iris: You mean girls

Zing! But then hilariously just a few minutes later when talking to Caitlyn Iris refers to them as the lades of "Team Flash" lol.

Anyways, what happened to Killer Frosts regenerative powers? Also, why did they let the villain go? I understand not wanting Caitlyn to kill her, but why didn't they KO her and imprison her with the other meta's?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 09:06 PM
riv6672

Aaaanyway, fun episode.
I like guys/girls night out stories.
Felicity was a nice surprise, so was Ralph coming back so soon. The Strip Club #1 customer pic and it's sad fate were great.
Drunk Barry...'nuff said in that one!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 10:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

lol that poor mugger. laughing He has to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: explain to the hospital how he shot himself in the ass.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:45 AM
riv6672

Definitely a story to tell at the bar...thumb up

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 05:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote