KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)

Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah.

It's funny how fixing the cover system and having the ability to get down a building without jumping into the conveniently placed hay stacks (or jumping from 5 stories up and not dying) makes me want to play it.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 02:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah.

It's funny how fixing the cover system and having the ability to get down a building without jumping into the conveniently placed hay stacks (or jumping from 5 stories up and not dying) makes me want to play it.

Yup.
It's stuff that should have been fixed after the 1st game.

When I first saw that there is another Ac I was like phuck it what new stuff could they offer.

After seeing a few videos I say bring it!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 02:49 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it also helps that the graphics look pretty.

I do hope they have thoughtful side quests.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 02:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Gonna have to get a ps4.

Graphics do look really good!

Also some new weapons would be nice!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 02:56 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah.

Aye. I suppose it's true: better late than never.

Yeah, it also helps that the graphics look pretty.

I do hope they have thoughtful side quests.

they talked about how the "tailing" quests have been redesigned to less frustrating in general, to give people more freedom and to be less strict.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 03:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. At least not so much of them. In AC4, it seems every mission started out tailing somebody....

My point is that I rather have memorable side activities instead of a thousand of them. For example, in one of the gameplay videos for Unity, you come across a murder mystery. It would be nice to see that side activity be an hour long, filled with memorable moments instead of just something done by hitting Y.

Arkham City is a good example of this. There isn't a ton of activities but the ones they have are awesome. The Riddler section has interesting puzzles but instead of relying on getting the trophies, they put in a sequence where you have to save some cops. That was unexpected but awesome.

That's what I want in Unity. Not like Watch Dogs where you just open your map and you complete the task and by the way, there is 40 of them exactly the same as before (there seems to be a lot of killers, rapists and assassins in Chicago).

Old Post Jun 17th, 2014 05:53 PM
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:19 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:47 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 06:04 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Great music once again IMO. AC:Unity's Paris looks incredible.

Also, Arno can teleport.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:57 AM
Demonic Phoenix

An Altair name-drop and a massive expansion on AC1 style assassinations where you now plan out your assassinations?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 05:42 PM
Arachnid1

Man, this game looks so amazing. Thank god they finally added crouching.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 07:22 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah. At least not so much of them. In AC4, it seems every mission started out tailing somebody....

My point is that I rather have memorable side activities instead of a thousand of them. For example, in one of the gameplay videos for Unity, you come across a murder mystery. It would be nice to see that side activity be an hour long, filled with memorable moments instead of just something done by hitting Y.

Arkham City is a good example of this. There isn't a ton of activities but the ones they have are awesome. The Riddler section has interesting puzzles but instead of relying on getting the trophies, they put in a sequence where you have to save some cops. That was unexpected but awesome.

That's what I want in Unity. Not like Watch Dogs where you just open your map and you complete the task and by the way, there is 40 of them exactly the same as before (there seems to be a lot of killers, rapists and assassins in Chicago).
thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 09:40 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Man, this game looks so amazing. Thank god they finally added crouching.

I know.

I didn't realize adding a crouch button would make me buy a game.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 03:50 PM
Arachnid1

I know.

I didn't realize adding a crouch button would make me buy a game.
Same here. It always bothered me that they marketed AC as stealth when it was almost completely action. Thank god this finally changed that.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 07:07 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

To be fair, AC was more about social stealth/hiding in plain sight than hiding behind objects and sticking to the shadows.

But it was pretty weird how in-game Ezio would walk at normal pace and not be heard.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 08:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That was an idea originally but further into the series, you were expected to sneak by groups of people without being detected.

Which was annoying without a damn crouch button.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 11:23 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 08:28 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

I just ordered the collectors edition of this on Dell.com for $59.99. I called them after the purchase was made and asked to make sure it was all legit. The woman checked and apparently the person that listed it made a mistake and put the collectors edition for regular price. She said since it was their mistake they would honor it

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 11:09 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

The season pass apparently has a downloadable 2.5D game with Shao Jun (from Embers) as the playable character, in China.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 03:09 PM