KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil VII

Resident Evil VII
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not much actual gameplay to speak of. Spooky though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 01:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Meh. A new trailer would have been better, but I'll be patient. Please be good! So far we've only seen that one setting so hopefully future settings and characters get pretty interesting.

The storyline is about a guy looking for his wife though. That gives be major James Sunderland vibes. I hope the new protagonist is a good addition to the RE cast.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 04:23 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The more I see of this game the more my worries melt away. Item boxes confirmed, and there was a shot gun in there (also a knife in the inventory). That probably means bigger BOWs and bosses to go with the bigger caliber bullets. This RE is truly a return to form, and it gives me MAJOR REmake vibes. Just bring back typewriters, make sure the story is good, and this could even end up being the best RE of all. Bold statement, yes, but they've done everything with the exception of 1st person right so far.

If only Silent Hill would get similar treatment. Meanwhile, we got Silent Hill: Downpour as backwards compatible. Our fanbase is in despair rn.

EDIT:

There is a clear video of what happens when the anchor gets killed. Fking terrifying.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 14th, 2016 at 08:32 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 08:17 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

As long as the game retains some sort of action element, I will be intrigued.

I don't mind the creepy atmosphere or 1st person view but I do not want Resident Evil to resemble another walking simulator clone. That would be taking the series from one extreme (RE6) to the other end.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 03:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
As long as the game retains some sort of action element, I will be intrigued.

I don't mind the creepy atmosphere or 1st person view but I do not want Resident Evil to resemble another walking simulator clone. That would be taking the series from one extreme (RE6) to the other end.
Yeah, but I don't want the action to be overblown. REmake levels at most.

Also, we've got more videos released. It looks like they have 10 planned, and each shows off some gameplay mechanic. From what I've seen, this game is truely taking RE back to its roots. Tape recorders as save functions in place of type writers, item management/tetris, and storage boxes are all back. I'll never be a fan of first person, but I understand why the did it. The VR support will really make this game a thousand times more immersive. Those who have played the Kitchen demo in VR have claimed that it feels like they are really there, and the more I hear about other horror games in VR, the more excited I get for the possibilities. The did great for RE, and I'm finally even starting to accept the first person.

In these videos, its also worth noting that the character seems to have a heart beat monitor smart watch which is likely their intuitive way of implementing a health bar. The protagonist also had to unlock the save room door when he was leaving, which means that he locked it when he first got in which means monsters could probably follow you in if you fail to lock it behind you.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 18th, 2016 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:04 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Fighting multiple enemies at once is confirmed. Anyone worried it's gonna be 1v1 the whole time can rest easy.

http://gamingbolt.com/resident-evil...have-1v1-combat

quote:
producer Masochika Kawata confirmed that the game will pit you against more than one enemy at a time many times- as opposed to just the 1v1 combat that we have been shown so far._“Yes, there are situations where it’s you versus several enemies. Just to note, there will be no situations where it’s you versus 20 or 30 enemies like RE6, but it’s also not just 1 versus 1,” he said.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:22 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's good. I think RE4 was good like that. There was very little amount of times where you needed to face more than 5-6 enemies.

I always felt a good combination of units is way more effective than the amount of units. Having a few regular zombies with one or two big ones is usually much more scarier and intense.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

It's a regenerador! Thank god those things are back! Easily my favorite RE4-6 enemy. Fking terrified me when I first encountered one in RE4

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 12:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Tried out the Homecoming demo and ended up getting the bad ending, Attempted to get the good ending but got killed by the regenerador like enemy.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Tried out the Homecoming demo and ended up getting the bad ending, Attempted to get the good ending but got killed by the regenerador like enemy.
Yeah, now that I've played it I've realized they are not regeneradors. Slightly disappointed, but still cool

PWNT

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:18 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

USB Doll finger....looks like something else

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/01/re...-a-burnt-penis/

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 10:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Has anyone seen the Resident Evil POP! that's are coming?

6" Tyrant & also the same for a Hunter.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 12:20 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I could maybe understand if there was some form of multiplayer, but having a season pass for a full single player game? smh

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Makes you wonder the what the length of the game is.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:22 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Around 15 hours.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 07:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like it could've been 20 hours or more with that DLC if it was left in.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:01 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Assuming it was in the game to begin with of course.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:12 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Really giving Capcom the benefit of a doubt given their history with dlc? :/

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 06:32 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I just think the effort they've done with the demo and everything, they're trying not to screw this up.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:13 PM