KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What did they change? And how did he lie?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 08:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote:
“Of course you don’t have to play multiplayer, you can choose to play all the side-quests in single-player and do all that stuff you’ll still get all the same endings and same information, it’s just a totally different way of playing"

"Every decision you've made will impact how things go. The player's also the architect of what happens."

"You'll get answers to everything. That was one of the key things. Regardless of how we did everything, we had to say, yes, we're going to provide some answers to these people."

"Because a lot of these plot threads are concluding and because it's being brought to a finale, since you were a part of architecting how they got to how they were, you will definitely sense how they close was because of the decisions you made and because of the decisions you didn't make"

"For people who are invested in these characters and the back-story of the
universe and everything, all of these things come to a resolution in
Mass Effect 3. And they are resolved in a way that's very different
based on what you would do in those situations."

Interviewer: [Regarding the numerous possible endings of Mass Effect 2] "Is that
same type of complexity built into the ending of Mass Effect 3?"
Hudson: "Yeah, and I'd say much more so, because we have the ability to
build the endings out in a way that we don't have to worry about
eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is
coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot
more different. At this point we're taking into account so many
decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that
stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings,
where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got
ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and
variety in them."

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 07:31 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-effect-4-leak
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/mass-e...universe-435200

So we've got a ton of leaked info.

quote:
Set in the Helius Cluster of the Andromeda Galaxy, removed by time and space from the Mass Effect "Commander Shepard" trilogy and its ending. Play as a "Pathfinder" explorer leading expedition with the aim of establishing new home for humanity. Encounter "savage untamed lands", "cut-throat outlaws", and "warring alien races" in an effort to survive and colonies. Andromeda is home to a mysterious alien race, the Remnants, who've left their vaults and ancient technology throughout.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:12 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Interesting.

I didn't fully read it but I gathered that this will be like a 3rd person 4X strategy game with a story.

Hopefully they don't take too much away from makes Bioware a great developer. All sounds good but if there isn't a compelling story with awesome missions, I'm going to be disappointed.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why? Why not create a new title, leave Mass Effect alone. There's no way to continue it after that ending without upsetting even more people

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 06:49 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Agreed. From the sounds of it it has no connection with Mass Effect anyway. Might as well create a new franchise.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 07:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Reapers, the Collectors and now the Remnants. Bioware so creative.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 07:26 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Agreed. From the sounds of it it has no connection with Mass Effect anyway. Might as well create a new franchise.

It will probably have a connection to the original series but the universe is expansive enough to have a different set of enemies and world you can explore.

For me, Mass Effect series was such a fun and amazing experience because the universe your character lives in is such an unique and diverse place. I have no problem with a new set of stories taking place in that universe because it's big enough to do so.

What your basically saying is, "what's the point of KOTAR if it doesn't involve Darth Vadar".

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 10:52 PM
ares834

Uh, no. What I said is what's the point of Mass Effect game if it has almost no connections to the games. KotOR had plenty of connection to the Star Wars movies, very big ones as well and of course the TotJ comics. But thanks for strawmanning what I said. I never cease to get tired of that. smile

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 11:12 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's connection is the ****ing universe Mass Effect takes place in. Bioware has always made the universe front and centre in the series. One of the reasons why every single system you can travel to had in-depth details for each planet. And most of the planets referenced long forgotten wars between forgotten races that were destroyed be Reapers.

And I assume they will mention what happened in the previous three games. You have no idea if they will or will not. All they had said is that the Sheppard story arc is done which a lot of fans want. I'm pretty sure most people in this thread previously stated they wanted a new story set in the universe and not Sheppard.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 12:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Bioware just sounds like they're going in the direction of Dragon Age with this one, treating the world as the star rather than any main characters. Ironic, considering how it used to be an issue of making Dragon Age more like Mass Effect.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 12:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't it be a problem continuing in the mass effect universe if, say, everyone has undergone synthesis and is part robot? Or if everything in the universe was destroyed? Or if Earth survived and everything became ok?

Problem is, Mass Effect 3's ending had universe wide implications. For each player the implications were different, so you can't just shrug that aside and just have new stories.

Also, the title itself wouldn't make sense anymore. Weren't the mass effect relays and citadel a trap set by the reapers to develop organic life until a point of extermination?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 12:28 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Was there not an ending where the relays survived? I don't remember.

I think they can call it Mass Effect even if not, though. I mean, the technology still exists, doesn't it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 12:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Was there not an ending where the relays survived? I don't remember.

I think they can call it Mass Effect even if not, though. I mean, the technology still exists, doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure all the mass relays were destroyed

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 01:17 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's connection is the ****ing universe Mass Effect takes place in.

In an entirely different time in an entirely different place. Currently, the connection is tensions at best. I'd assume though we will see more connections tying it to the franchise making my "complaint" null.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 01:27 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Firefly218
I'm pretty sure all the mass relays were destroyed
If I remember correctly, the human race started rebuilding those in the "improved" ending

I was hoping for an entirely new set of races with a new galaxy and no familiarity, but I'm equally happy to explore what we've got.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 01:47 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It doesn't matter. The universe still exists mass relays or not. It will just play differently then what we expected.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 02:56 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 10:13 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can Mass Effect 3 lead to Andromeda?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 11:13 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

May not take place after ME3.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote