KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Logan (2017)

Logan (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

I know this wolverine movie is gonna be set in the future, so dunno if we'll be getting an old man Logan type film

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 12:41 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They claim to be using the old man Logan story for this third movie, Only problem with that is too much stuff will modified.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 01:55 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
They could replace him with X-23 for a few years given they know they have other popular characters now aside from just Wolverine, and also there's a growing trend to have more female action stars.

Plus a couple of years break may be wise before casting someone new given how long Jackman has been in the role.

For sure, a length of time (likely 3-5 years) will be needed before they reboot, I was thinking of "replace" in the actual sense that they'll do away with Wolverine and use her instead as the anti-hero/badass for the X-franchise going forward.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Tom Hardy I wouldn't mind either, but would prolly prefer another unknown like Jackman was before Wolverine; gives another lesser known actor a chance to shine.

Not sure if you watch the show "Banshee", but Tom Pelphrey who plays "Bunker" might be a great fit. He is a bit too tall like Jackman, for people who prefer Logan be short like he is in the comics.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 29th, 2016 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Imo Tom looks a little too soft-faced. Unlike Jackman who has this rugged look to him. The nagain I haven't seen the show just going on some googled pics

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 04:21 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Taron Edgerton is actually perfect for the role, as opposed to Han Solo. I don't know why ppl keep agreeing Edgerton should play Han Solo, but I think he's definitely fit to play wolverine

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 06:09 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Edgerton would be good. But given how young he is that would likely be a rebooted Universe.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 07:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm just confused about where this fits in. Is it a sequel to "The Wolverine" ? Since that is separate from the Days of Future Past version, right? Or is it the same? Since at the end of Days of Future Past a bunch of people are now alive who were dead. So does Wolverine 3 take place in the timeline where Jean and Cyclops and all that are alive?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 01:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

From the snippets dropped, it's going to be set into the distant future (taking some elements from Old Man Logan), so the rest of the X-men will likely be dead or just too old. Though we have yet to see who (if any) dies in Age of Apocalypse.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm really tired of Jackverine.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This will be the last one to be tired over

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, I know.

But I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see MCU (proper) version of Wolverine. Can't see Tom Hardy as Logan, btw.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:45 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I don't think anyone cares about Wolverine anymore in any media.

Deadpool buried his ass proper.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 4th, 2016 11:31 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And he's also currently dead in the comics.....the original one that is.

Old Post May 5th, 2016 05:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm really tired of Jackverine.

I'm more tired of how they can't keep their plots straight in this universe. Even from the first X-Men movie Sabretooth really doesn't say anything to Wolverine to indicate they are brothers. Wolverine had memory problems, but Sabretooth didn't.

Then in Wolverine Origins you essentially have Emma Frost and others being held by William Stryker. But then in X-Men First Class(which Wolverine also appears in) Emma Frost is a grown ass lady in the 1960s who is also evil.

They tell us Magneto helped build cerebro and then whoops no..he really had nothing to do with it.

Then don't get me started on the "oh btw Mystique is basically Xaviers sister".

Also serious question: why is Wolverine in love with Jean Grey? I actually can't wrap my head around this. Sure she is quite pretty, but why does he love her? They literally spend no real time together. When they first meet in the first movie they are dealing with Magneto's evil plans. Then we know Logan leaves once it is over to go look for answers to his past. He returns in the second movie and yet again him and Jean don't really spend any actual time together. Then she "dies" and comes back in the 3rd movie and once again they barely spend any time together. He never even got to know her, he doesn't know her favorite color or favorite movie or any if that shit, and half of the conversations they do have are about how she has a husband and doesn't want to be with Wolverine.

Which is another thing: she never shows any interest in Wolverine in the romantic sense. If she did maybe his being "in love" with her would make a tiny bit more sense. Then once she is truly dead we have Wolverine having all these creepy dreams and hallucinations about her as if she is his long lost love. I mean hell him and Jean never did so much as even kiss. Oh sure he kissed the Phoenix, but not Jean. Then he chides Cyclops and says it's time to move on from Jean even though Wolverine himself hasn't friggin moved on lol.

Last edited by Surtur on May 5th, 2016 at 05:16 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2016 05:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Surtur
Also serious question: why is Wolverine in love with Jean Grey?

At first I thought it was just for the usual sake of putting him at odds with Cyclops to create some cheap drama, but then when Scott got as shafted as he did as time went on in the movie series, there wasn't really any of that kind of competition to speak of, so...

Old Post May 5th, 2016 11:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^^ Love from the first glance, that kinda thing.

----
As for the inconsistencies... don't overanalyze it, Surtur. Fox just doesn't care, they do whatever they want.

Psylocke already appeared in Last Stand. What Fox says? "Oh, that wasn't Psylocke".

Emma, yes, first appeared in XMO: Wolverine. Fox says the same thing: "Oh, that wasn't Emma".

Old Post May 5th, 2016 11:41 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Wolverine trying to get with Jean is actually one of the few things in the Fox films that kind of accurate. Granted it all fell apart in the end but hey it's something.

Also I doubt any one is going to get Wolverine down to his comic book counterpart, let alone details like his height, within the decade.

Old Post May 6th, 2016 12:10 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope people know Days of Future Past erased alot of the stuff from previous films.

Old Post May 6th, 2016 01:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm more tired of how they can't keep their plots straight in this universe. Even from the first X-Men movie Sabretooth really doesn't say anything to Wolverine to indicate they are brothers. Wolverine had memory problems, but Sabretooth didn't.

Then in Wolverine Origins you essentially have Emma Frost and others being held by William Stryker. But then in X-Men First Class(which Wolverine also appears in) Emma Frost is a grown ass lady in the 1960s who is also evil.

They tell us Magneto helped build cerebro and then whoops no..he really had nothing to do with it.

Then don't get me started on the "oh btw Mystique is basically Xaviers sister".

Also serious question: why is Wolverine in love with Jean Grey? I actually can't wrap my head around this. Sure she is quite pretty, but why does he love her? They literally spend no real time together. When they first meet in the first movie they are dealing with Magneto's evil plans. Then we know Logan leaves once it is over to go look for answers to his past. He returns in the second movie and yet again him and Jean don't really spend any actual time together. Then she "dies" and comes back in the 3rd movie and once again they barely spend any time together. He never even got to know her, he doesn't know her favorite color or favorite movie or any if that shit, and half of the conversations they do have are about how she has a husband and doesn't want to be with Wolverine.

Which is another thing: she never shows any interest in Wolverine in the romantic sense. If she did maybe his being "in love" with her would make a tiny bit more sense. Then once she is truly dead we have Wolverine having all these creepy dreams and hallucinations about her as if she is his long lost love. I mean hell him and Jean never did so much as even kiss. Oh sure he kissed the Phoenix, but not Jean. Then he chides Cyclops and says it's time to move on from Jean even though Wolverine himself hasn't friggin moved on lol.

Hugh Jackman is perfect as Wolceriene. Any time his character doesn't work is the directors fault. Hugh Jackman seemed to understand the character better than everyone. Even post press he's been known to speak against the directors. Hugh Hackman, nailed, Wolverien.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 02:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Hugh Jackman is perfect as Wolceriene. Any time his character doesn't work is the directors fault. Hugh Jackman seemed to understand the character better than everyone. Even post press he's been known to speak against the directors. Hugh Hackman, nailed, Wolverien.
thumb up I'll go even further. Hugh Jackman has never failed to be entertaining and compelling as wolverine. Sure he's been in bad movies, but his character has always been a bright spot.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 02:26 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote