KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Predator (2018)

The Predator (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

If the current cinema environment implies that our society has no imagination, then we have never had imagination.

Reboots, remakes and adaptations of previously established stories have been a major hallmark of cinema since... it's inception, basically.

We notice it now more than before because technology has allowed us to be more historically aware.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 29th, 2014 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 04:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zeel

nothing against the reboots I love most of them but I miss the overactive imaginations of movie producers in the past that were willing to try something new.

I get the feeling that the writers strike several years ago really put the scare into Hollywood execs...they didn't realise the domino effect of movie schedules getting postponed or the amount of tv series that got cancelled. I'm guessing reboots need less writers to rely on & still guarantee an opening box office success based more on marketing than the actual quality of the film.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 03:18 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Sequel Will “Reinvent the Franchise”, Says Producer John Davis

http://collider.com/predator-sequel...-the-franchise/

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 02:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theTANTALIZER

Sequel or is it a reboot?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 03:21 AM
theTANTALIZER is currently offline Click here to Send theTANTALIZER a Private Message Find more posts by theTANTALIZER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i hope this lots of blood and guts , good action and story. oh and hope this is casted good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 03:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hope this lots of blood and guts , good action and story. oh and hope this is casted good
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 03:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Do you even grammar, bro?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 04:11 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Sequel or is it a reboot?

Both it seems, Same way how Mad Mad: Fury Road was a reboot/sequel for that franchise.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 04:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Gotta refresh them rights.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 05:29 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What rights?.....its a Fox property.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx

You know, i never thought i'd be saying that i don't care about a new predator movie.

Just makes no sense. This is akin to rebooting a Spiderman or Batman movie again. It serves no purpose in introducing itself to a new audience. The only people that want to see a predator movie and the vast majority of the people going to see a predator movie are people that are already familiar with it.

It just seems like a bad business decision as well. Predator relies on a relatively niche following. Granted, i don't see the brand having a problem pulling in a fifty million dollar box office if done well, but at this point i think that's actually a big gamble. If they're rebooting the series that suggests to me that they already want to invest in numerous sequels. I doubt that a twenty million dollar profit would be enough to convince a studio to eagerly invest in future sequels just as i doubt another mediocre movie will convince audiences to continue showing loyalty.

I agree with alot of the other posters here. There is such a vast pool of material to choose from when it comes to the, Predator. Considering that the Predator movies don't follow any kind of important story continuity it would be so easy to use anything from that pool.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 10:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, I REALLY don't see the point in this remake.

Predator is considered by many to be one of the best action movies ever made; why not just do something different this time? There's tons of lore to work with.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 10:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Its not a remake

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I agree with alot of the other posters here. There is such a vast pool of material to choose from when it comes to the, Predator. Considering that the Predator movies don't follow any kind of important story continuity it would be so easy to use anything from that pool.

If they want to tie it into the first movie, Should use one of the stories where it has Dutch's brother "Predator: Cold War" if not change just change it since they already did it with Predator: Concrete Jungle (Not the game of the same name)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2015 06:42 AM
Ascendancy

It just doesn't fit. AvP, Preadators, all of the more recent films have pulled from the original lore but been able to stand alone well enough that they brought in fans old and new. It just seems empty and pointless to reboot or refresh the series when progress can be made on the foundation that already exists.

The idea of why reboots are so common now makes sense, but to date very few have interested me.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2015 04:42 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

I think the most important part of the original predator...was how they established the group to be badass mofos in their element only to be dismantled easily by an unknown entity...

The problem with remaking this film is that we already know what a predator is... we know what it looks like uncloaked, what it more or less whats, even its technology...

So it jumping through trees screaming and shyt just wont cut it...
Maybe go full horror on it?

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 07:13 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I'd rather another AVP film, but on another planet/future Earth.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 07:29 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd rather they reboot the AVP movie franchise.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 07:52 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Kazenji
Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Sequel Will “Reinvent the Franchise”, Says Producer John Davis

http://collider.com/predator-sequel...-the-franchise/

Now Predators will not see heat, but by detecting a particular micro-organism that gives mental acuteness to humans and other organic beings: halfilorians.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 09:00 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I say they should make a movie where they send a Predator(s) into the Middle East and have them kill a bunch of Isis terrorists. The twist....The Predators WIN!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 03:31 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I say they should make a movie where they send a Predator(s) into the Middle East and have them kill a bunch of Isis terrorists. The twist....The Predators WIN!

And they'll be dubbed with American accents.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2015 05:32 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote