KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs Captain America

Ozymandias vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
I indirectly argued that based off assuming the opposite (which leads to a contradiction).

In other words, "Proof by Contradiction" is the method I used.

He had to react by sound or sight.
Assuming sound, then by the time sound reached him the bullet would almost have hit him (the bullet will slightly be behind the sound). This contradicts his hand movement. Therefore, Ozy reacted by sight.

Yea, he saw her pulling the trigger and was able to predict the bullets path because he saw where the gun was pointed.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 08:36 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Ozy is an actor. The actor who was filmed never moved with superspeed. Checking his actual actor speed is meaningless. We reference EVERYTHING off the speed of a bullet (what we know for sure). So him moving to catch the bullet in actor's speed is taken as an UNDERSTOOD slowdown in visual as per writer's intent.

So the bullet had a travel time of .4 seconds?

Orrrr, what I said and time was reversed when the camera angle changed?

Also, you failed to address the problem with your argument that I captured in this screen shot:

https://i.imgur.com/TS8UliJ.png

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:55 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

H1 has lost this debate miserably.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 06:46 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

Cap would clearly win, why is this an argument? H1 has severely lost.

Last edited by Emmy Evangeline on Jan 26th, 2020 at 07:32 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 07:27 AM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
Cap would clearly win why is this an argument? H1 has lost

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 07:31 AM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

H1’s arguing points are for the bullet and not Ozy. He’s never been rooting for Ozy this entire time, but for the bullet. Confirmed.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 07:42 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by dadudemon
So the bullet had a travel time of .4 seconds?

Orrrr, what I said and time was reversed when the camera angle changed?

Also, you failed to address the problem with your argument that I captured in this screen shot:

https://i.imgur.com/TS8UliJ.png

You basically ignored what I said. This is trolling.

The bullet's travel time is about 0.01 based off the speed of an actual bullet from that gun and the distance the gun was away from Ozy.

0.4 s would make the bullet a little faster than a fastball in baseball and not a real bullet. Plus we all know that you need to move faster than.0.4 s to catch a bullet. The guy is an actor, so his speed is not the speed of the story.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Yea, he saw her pulling the trigger and was able to predict the bullets path because he saw where the gun was pointed.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

No. As I explained (what you missed) he didn't move when she was pulling the trigger. He moved after the gun was fired and the bullet was already flying through the air. He reacted to the shot (bullet), not to the trigger press.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 01:39 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

No. As I explained (what you missed) he didn't move when she was pulling the trigger. He moved after the gun was fired and the bullet was already flying through the air. He reacted to the shot (bullet), not to the trigger press.

So you're claiming that Ozy didn't see the trigger pull or where the gun was pointed?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 01:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

So you're claiming that Ozy didn't see the trigger pull or where the gun was pointed?

This is fiction. Ozy doesn't exist. The actor looked toward the camera.

And in the story (in the writer's mind) Ozy didnt look at the trigger press because a slow motion closeup to her pulling the trigger wasn't shown (to get the audience to know that Ozy was looking at the trigger pull for timing). That defeats your argument.

But for unnecessary extra info

Theoretically, if Ozy existed (and the writer showed him in slow motion looking at the trigger pull) then he still reacted off the bullet. Otherwise, he has 0.005s timing (which gives slow motion perceptions) and superspeed or he would have moved the moment she started pulling the trigger instead of waiting until the bullet entered the air to first move.

And again, a being cant move their hand faster than what the brain can perceive due to the brain moving and guiding the limb.
In other words, Ozy hand moved about the speed of the bullet. His brain guided the hand the whole way.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:03 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If Ozy wasn't looking at the gun, how is it that he was able to see the bullet come out of the gun?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:07 PM
h1a8

So how do you explain someone being able to catch a bullet at point blank range and after it is fired to not have superhuman level speed and reflexes?

If you agree that Ozy has this then you should agree that it's impossible for Cap to tag him moving far slower than a bullet.

Ozy simultaneously beat two MA that are arguably visually as fast as Cap.

For Cap to beat Ozy he has to tag him. How do you explain tagging a person with 0.005s reaction times, can move at super speed, and is a supreme master of fighting skill?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:09 PM
h1a8

If Ozy wasn't looking at the gun, how is it that he was able to see the bullet come out of the gun?

You stated looking at the trigger press AND the direction the nozzle is pointed. I specifically ruled out the trigger press.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:11 PM
Silent Master

You stated looking at the trigger press AND the direction the nozzle is pointed. I specifically ruled out the trigger press.

You didn't rule out anything, you just claimed that Ozy wasn't looking at the gun. a claim that you provided no proof for.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:12 PM
h1a8

You didn't rule out anything, you just claimed that Ozy wasn't looking at the gun. a claim that you provided no proof for.

Caught you in a lie. Look at the bold words.

And in the story (in the writer's mind) Ozy didnt look at the trigger pressbecause a slow motion closeup to her pulling the trigger wasn't shown (to get the audience to know that Ozy was looking at the trigger pull for timing). That defeats your argument.

But for unnecessary extra info

Theoretically, if Ozy existed (and the writer showed him in slow motion looking at the trigger pull) then he still reacted off the bullet. Otherwise, he has 0.005s timing (which gives slow motion perceptions) and superspeed or he would have moved the moment she started pulling the trigger instead of waiting until the bullet entered the air to first move.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:16 PM
Silent Master

Caught you in a lie. Look at the bold words.

So now you're claiming that he was looking at the gun, but somehow couldn't see the trigger?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:18 PM
h1a8

So now you're claiming that he was looking at the gun, but somehow couldn't see the trigger?

It's called focus. You can focus on a circular area that contains the shooter's face, shooter's chest, and gun as a whole without focusing on the trigger finger.

You are claiming that Ozy focused solely on the nozzle's direction and her trigger finger, when this is certainly not true.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:34 PM
Silent Master

It's called focus. You can focus on a circular area that contains the shooter's face, shooter's chest, and gun as a whole without focusing on the trigger finger.

You are claiming that Ozy focused solely on the nozzle's direction and her trigger finger, when this is certainly not true.

If Ozy's focus was so spread out that he missed the movement of her pulling the trigger, plus the movement of both the hammer and cylinder. how did he manage to see the bullet like you're claiming?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:40 PM
h1a8

If Ozy's focus was so spread out that he missed the movement of her pulling the trigger, plus the movement of both the hammer and cylinder. how did he manage to see the bullet like you're claiming?
He saw the bullet come out of the gun at slow motion, focused in on it and caught it.
Remember, he reacted to the bullet in the air, not the trigger press as I explained.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:44 PM
Silent Master

He saw the bullet come out of the gun at slow motion, focused in on it and caught it.
Remember, he reacted to the bullet in the air, not the trigger press as I explained.

If his focus was good enough to see a bullet moving, how could he miss the trigger pull, and the movement of both the hammer and cylinder?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:49 PM
h1a8

If his focus was good enough to see a bullet moving, how could he miss the trigger pull, and the movement of both the hammer and cylinder?

You are begging the question (circular reasoning). You are assuming that he must be focused on the hammer, cylinder, and trigger pull in order to spot the bullet coming out in order to prove he was focused on the hammer, cylinder, and trigger pull. In other words, you are assuming what you are trying to prove.

Most of his focus could be on the gun in general, nothing specific. He sees the gun fire and the bullet come out, he acts. Not rocket science.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 04:31 PM