KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Vitiate vs Yoda ROTS

Emperor Vitiate vs Yoda ROTS
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
ty

Neph, y u so mad? Does it bother you that everyone cares about Sidious and no one cares about Bane or Nihilus? erm

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. In chat we talk about your decline to petty cheerleader a lot. Its very sobering. Yesterday I even poured one out.

For your balls.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. In chat we talk about your decline to petty cheerleader a lot. Its very sobering. Yesterday I even poured one out.

For your balls.

My son, I've no need to enter the fray myself with capable servants such as carthage and SIDIOUS66 taking point. Palpatine's supremacy here and across the interwebz is practically ubiquitous. After all these years, I don't think anyone can fault me for indulging in a bit of good-natured and gentle ribbing after quelling one insurrection after another.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 10:55 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

S66 and carthage made excellent points. Like Tempest said, nothing more needs to be added here. Yoda takes Vitiate to the curb

Last edited by Stigma on Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that's what confirmation bias is. Hm

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

That's what the facts are, my lady. Stay mad.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Vitiate should last longer than Dooku.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

My son, I've no need to enter the fray myself with capable servants such as carthage and SIDIOUS66 taking point. Palpatine's supremacy here and across the interwebz is practically ubiquitous. After all these years, I don't think anyone can fault me for indulging in a bit of good-natured and gentle ribbing after quelling one insurrection after another.

We have no need to enter the fray any longer. It is done, the heretic Neph shall retreat to Vitiate's food nipple now.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
That's what the facts are, my lady. Stay mad.

Oh I see, confirmation bias followed by weak rationalizations. Got it.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:16 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Summary of why Yoda wins? Vitiate is able to one-shot groups of Dark council and Jedi Masters with his Lightning, DC Members can destroy buildings as large as the Dark citadel as a side-effect of their fights and Jedi Masters of the TOR era should roughly equal them.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:17 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
1) Repeat it times 100 million, still doesn't make it so.

2) You need to go back over my post again, child.

3) Then neither does Ventress'. All that matters is that she did it. Anakin+Kenobi > Nox+Wrath.

4) Nah, because you really can't.

5) You don't know what making a claim is now? Because, you know, that's what you did. If you can't back up your claims, then why respond?

6) I already told you what I thought, which isn't based on who has better showings in TK, which is what you're arguing. The fact is you can't prove that he could dominate Ventress with TK. You also can't prove that Vitiate not dominating Revan with TK means that Revan is Ventress superior in that regard because, firstly, Vitiate has never tried to dominate Ventress in that regard and, secondly, outside of his fight with Vitiate, Revan has no TK feats that are beyond that of Ventress', therefore there is no proof that Vitiate could dominate Ventress if he couldn't dominate Revan, which in turn doesn't prove Revan's superiority over her in that particular area. Simple logic.

7) And a bunch or worthless scripted in game mechanics, that lack a great deal of context, don't equal to Ventress' TK feats.

8) I don't care what you or a bunch of other idiots think about Carthage. I think he is a good debater and he's my son (yes you are Cart, don't lie!). I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon. My opinion isn't swayed or influenced by the majority. That's not to say my opinion can't change on certain matters by another person, but not on the account of what a majority of individuals think.

9) The only one mad here is you, and when I prove that Yoda would stomp Vitiate rather viciously, you're going to be even madder.

1) Nah times infinity.

2) Unless you're talking about Dooku getting a massive rage amp that he can't replicate anywhere else, he can't choke out Anakin and Obi-Wan at once. Just admit that it was a one time only move that theres no way she could do in another situation and isn't representative of her ability.

3) Unless you can show how the circumstances would matter, it doesn't. Ventresses feat was clearly and obviously circumstantial. Revan's wasn't.

4) I've played both storylines to completion. I know what I'm talking about and I can. Nox is a powerful Sith in her own right and had her strength supplemented by 3 powerful Force spirits by that point. Tossing her around is incredible, not even accounting for doing so to the Wrath as well, who was already taking down Dark Council members.

5) It would be rude to just ignore you.

6) Except that I can and have demonstrated that Revan is superior in TK. I thoroughly proved it right before you threw a temper tantrum. The meteor feat is leagues ahead of what Ventress is capable of. As is him handling the Strike Team with TK, which Ventress couldn't hope to do outside of insane rage amps. And I can prove it because Vitiate is laughably more powerful than Ventress and has vastly superior TK. If a peon like Dooku could beat her in TK, so could Vitiate. Yet he couldn't beat Revan in that manner.

7) Not even close to the same thing. That series is far removed from reality and you know it. Every character is leagues ahead of what they demonstrate in other material.

8) It isn't about being on the bandwagon. Carthage. Is. A. Troll. He is a worthless loser not worth your time and you are better than him.

9) Yeah, I'm mad. Thats why I'm the one constantly trying to bring up past shit and start something with you. Oh no wait, thats you.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Quite honestly carthage and S66 seem to have this one in the bag.

SWTOR's chosen really ought to raise their game. Beefy, get in there and show 'em how it's done.

Beefy is the one who used Krayt's feat of sending ripples through the force as a way to suggest he'd stomp Dooku.

He's fun to argue with, but you can't be serious in thinking he could show anyone how it's done.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

You on the other hand, are an amusing specimen in general, which is why I don't think these guys arguing with you are taking it seriously at all because you're not on anyone's radar as far as intelligence and debating go.

Furthermore, I don't recall I said what you just accused me of and I've seen you make wilder claims than that allegation. But do continue, I enjoy reading your childish posts.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 06:46 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by psmith81992
You on the other hand, are an amusing specimen in general, which is why I don't think these guys arguing with you are taking it seriously at all because you're not on anyone's radar as far as intelligence and debating go.

Furthermore, I don't recall I said what you just accused me of and I've seen you make wilder claims than that allegation. But do continue, I enjoy reading your childish posts.

Oh, stop. You know what you said. Just admit it was a stupid suggestion.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are a master of making shit up, then saying "trust me" when asked for proof. Truly amusing.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 07:25 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

But do continue, I enjoy reading your childish posts.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

You are a master of making shit up, then saying "trust me" when asked for proof. Truly amusing.

Maybe.

Answer this question, though, if someone did make such a suggestion, would you agree that it would be a very stupid one?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:42 PM
The Merchant

Originally posted by The Merchant
Summary of why Yoda wins? Vitiate is able to one-shot groups of Dark council and Jedi Masters with his Lightning, DC Members can destroy buildings as large as the Dark citadel as a side-effect of their fights and Jedi Masters of the TOR era should roughly equal them.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:52 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Vitiate didn't one shot a DC with lightning. And Tol Braga was the only master there. Both feats also required prep, and nobody there was on Yoda's level.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Sinious
Sidious can easily kill them? How? What has ROTS Sidious or Yoda shown force powers wise to prove them selves stronger than 12 of the most powerful sith lords amongst thousands of sith during an era that is considered one of its culture's peaks? Oh and if you think they have a chance in sabers, thats impossible.

Neither could Vitiate under normal circumstances as you admitted later in this thread, so a feat that lacks context can't be used unless you know the exact details. Considering that most of Vitiate's most powerful feats require prep and aid, and the fact that he's never been shown to easily defeat a group of powerful individuals in one swift flash, I don't see why you keep harping on it in a vs thread.

1) Nah he isnt and I don't have to read that to make my case but I will when I have time.

You never did make a case yet. You used powers that Yoda has him beat solidly in (TK), and powers that Yoda has been shown to handle from a more powerful individual who beats Vitiate in that area (lightning). As far as sorcery, Vitiate's lightsaber equipped illusions are fodder for Yoda, and the time it takes for him to summon them is plenty of time for Yoda to use his far greater TK on him. Mind control, useless, as Vitiate's never utilized it successfully mid-combat against a powerful force user, and, as I said, I could make a better case for Yoda blitzing him, seeing how Yoda fought equally as fast as Sidious, who has blitzed other fast force users mid-combat. Besides, Yoda has resisted a very advanced ritual based psychic intrusion from Sidious and Dooku, while he was on a dark side nexus.

2) If what I write includes my thoughts on the matter, I clarify it as what I think/believe and usually back it up with a reasoning whether it is correct or not or whether you agree with them or not.

If your thoughts have been throroughly debunked, then they are irrelevevant, so you might as well keep them to yourself or make a fanfic if you want to be heard, because your thoughts and opinions do not change the fact that Yoda, without an outside source of power or aid, has displayed more impressive combat-oriented force feats than Vitiate has. Yoda is the more powerful force user and I'll explain how later down this post.

3) I'm not the one who uses nexus effects to elevate my favorite characters or eras. You and Carthage are doing exactly that actually.

You need to quit ignoring established concepts and canon just to elevate your favorite character. This just shows that your bias for Vitiate does, in fact, have an effect on your reasoning and ability to debate. If Sidious was your fan then it should be easy to acknowledge the fact that he, even as of ROTS, is a more powerful force user than Vitiate is, which would in turn make Yoda more powerful than Vitiate as well, considering he is a very near equal to Sidious in regards to force power alone.

Just to prove to you that Palpatine has shown to be a more dominant force user than Vitiate in regards to combat, and has displayed sheer dominance over other extremely powerful force users off top and with greater ease than Vitiate has over other force users on similar level despite being on a nexus, I will be posting feats of the individuals Sidious has casually dominated. This should give you an idea of just how powerful Yoda is.

Darth Maul

(please log in to view the image)

^Chucks Silus, a force user Sidious considered to be potent in the force, and dampens the energy field with TK.

^Maul has consistently overpowered Kenobi with TK. The third showing of Maul's force domination over Kenobi also shows him trapping Kenobi by collapsing the cave's ceiling. The last showing Maul was also fighting off another jedi while at the same time force choking Obi Wan. It should be noted that, despite what most think, Kenobi has shown to be very proficient in TK; he has force pushed through shielded droids, crushed droids, and used TK on a molecular level in order to cause a huge water wave.

^Maul pulls down a tunnel ceiling, which causes a good size avalanche

Savage

^It should be noted that Mandalorian jail cells are lightsaber and blaster bolt resistant.

^This last one is obviously a one-off feat and not something Savage could pull off unless he is extremely angry, but the feat does show the sheer raw power Savage has at his disposal. Then again, as shown above, Savage has used a force push powerful enough to hurl Maul, another jedi, and a group of soldiers all at once.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:09 AM
Dominis

Count Dooku

^Dooku casually lifting 12 obelisks, each weighing multi-ton. This is not just a demonstration of raw power but also a great deal of refinement, considering how he focuses his power, grips and lifts a dozen of very heavy objects all at once.

^Dooku seals off the entrance of a cave by collapsing it's ceiling.

^Dooku breaks apart and pulls down a metal bridge that's larger than a starship.

^Dooku owning other powerful force users with TK. As mention above, Kenobi has pushed through shielded droids, crushed droids, used TK on a molecular level, causing a huge tidal wave of water. Ventress has collapsed huge boulders from a caves ceiling, caused an avalanche, nearly killed master Fay by crushing her heart with TK. Quinlan Vos has used a force push so powerful that it shattered the ground beneath him (similar to Talon's feat against Cade, but not quite as impressive), force hurled a speeder, and telekinetically held up a very massive boulder while injured. The fact that Dooku has casually dominated these powerful force users just shows that Dooku is a TK force titan.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:10 AM