KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Vitiate vs Yoda ROTS

Emperor Vitiate vs Yoda ROTS
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

Never wavered in his superiority is... vague?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:43 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

'Cuz it's bullshit and you know it. Fair enough.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Never wavered in his superiority is... vague?

Yes, he never wavered from his superiority even, when he got head butted by Opress, kicked by Maul and pinned to the wall by Maul. One does not contradict the other.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You know, you never flirt with me anymore. It's all about Ant and his ant pecker.

I guess I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's invested to the point of being almost sincere. He wrote me a poem and stuff. Its kinda awkward.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
SIDIOUS 66
(please log in to view the image)

^Sidious effortlessy plasters both Maul and Savage to the windows of the Mandalorian palace and holds them in a force grip despite their efforts to break free.

Y'know, I hope (those of you involved people to whom this is applicable) use the same criteria to judge this feat as you would/did Luke Skywalker's pinning of his nephew in LOTF. Impressive compilation, though, S.

Most impressive.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You know, you never flirt with me anymore. It's all about Ant and his ant pecker.

laughing out loud

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 06:06 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Eminence
Y'know, I hope (those of you involved people to whom this is applicable) use the same criteria to judge this feat as you would/did Luke Skywalker's pinning of his nephew in LOTF. Impressive compilation, though, S.

Most impressive.

Thank you, Faunus.

TBH, I don't too much argue for Luke because his powers are altogether inconsistent, and I've never cared for him. I just accept that he's the most powerful force user in the mythos (excluding the Ones, etc) because his most powerful feats are at least consistent enough to make him so, but I'm not sure if the gap between him and Jacen is big enough to perform the feat anytime he wants. Most argue that he can't based on their fight after, and suggest that Luke took Jacen by surprise. With Sidious's initial attack on the bros, there is no reason to assume the bros were taken by surprise or that they would have their defenses lowered, considering the way Sidious entered the room, Savage's grim stare (suggesting he didn't trust Sidious), Sidious's accusation of Maul trying to deceive him (Maul knows his master well enough to know the consequences), and Maul's confirmation in SOD that he did intend for Sidious to come to Mandalore in order to take him out. So basically just about everything suggests they were well prepared and battle ready. Furthermore, later in the duel, Sidious directly TK grips them and pulls them off the balcony as he was falling, and to grip your opponent is to break through their force aura and directly apply TK on them, which is a display of sheer dominance more so than a FP, as Sidious notes that force grip requires more power and concentration than a FP (Source: Book of the Sith, and I believe there is another source which states that to apply TK directly on your opponent and control them with it, usually indicates that you're solidly above your opponent), and yet Sidious so casually force grips and pulls them as he was falling. Not to mention that Sidious was never taking that fight seriously, and paused a couple of times, giving the bros time to strategize their next movement, which was plenty of time for Sidious to use the force on them if he wanted to. Going back to Luke pinning Jacen despite the latter's effort to break free, it does show that there is a gap between them, which still makes Luke's dominance over Jacen a very impressive feat, but the question is, can Luke perform the feat against a battle ready Jacen?

@NewGuy, as Gideon said, if it was just a FP then that would be understandable, but for Maul to continuously hold Sidious against his will, with Sidious only being able to free himself due to a chandelier that just so happened to be hanging right above Maul, is the very definition of wavering from one's position of superiority, which contradicts what the website stated about Sidious never wavering from it. It would also suggest that the gap in power between the two isn't significant, which contradicts Filoni's statements outright confirming a vast gap in power between Sidious and Maul. For instance, if I were to charge at, say, The Rock with all my strength, I'd probably be able to knock him off balance, but for me to keep him held down against his will, would require that my strength at least approaches his. Even Yoda, who is miles beyond Maul in force strength, couldn't even keep Sidious down. Both Yoda and Sidious are on the same level in force strength, which is why neither of them could directly keep the other down with TK, so Maul, who is miles behind Sidious and Yoda level force users, shouldn't be able to keep Sidious pinned against his will.

@Arhael, did you really have to misdirect the purpose of my posts? Lol

Last edited by Dominis on Sep 11th, 2014 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah, I liked Sidious a lot better before I met S66.

Actually... Now that I think about it... So did I!

But have to admit he does give Savage, Maul and Dooku a lot of credit.. Except for any scenario where they're pit against Sidious. Then even all 3 of them combined will suddenly be useless.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 11th, 2014 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Actually... Now that I think about it... So did I!

But have to admit he does give Savage, Maul and Dooku a lot of credit.. Except for any scenario where they're pit against Sidious. Then even all 3 of them combined will suddenly be useless.

These are not mutually exclusive, though. Savage, Maul, and especially Dooku are all beastly and badass. It's just that Sidious is better than they are in every single way.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 07:29 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

These are not mutually exclusive, though. Savage, Maul, and especially Dooku are all beastly and badass. It's just that Sidious is better than they are in every single way.

thumb up

My favorite character who happens to be very OP'd isn't my fault, so disliking Sidious just because he is my favorite character, is rather silly. It's not like I claim that Sidious would one-shot Dooku or Maul in saber combat (Savage? Yeah he can.) as someone like Silver2467 would argue.

DP's problem is that his entire way of analyzing and rationalizing changes when Sidious dominates his favorite characters. Let it be Maul vs Viszla or Anakin vs. Barriss, though. Lol

Last edited by Dominis on Sep 11th, 2014 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Sidious is awesome lol.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 09:14 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I have no issue at all in putting Sidious and Yoda on a level above everyone else. In fact you both know I've argued many times that Sidious takes a vast majority against Windu and that even though Windu can compete with Sidious better than his peers like Dooku (due to Vapaad or whatever bull) Windu's win was a circumstantial one IMHO.

What I do have an issue with was Sidious blitz over 3 Council Members. That was just horrible to watch. And have a bigger issue with putting the bad ass' s of SW down to the same level.

I agree with what Eminence said in the other thread. That Sidious vs Maul & Opress is how it should be done to show his Superiority over Other powerful Jedi/Sith. An epic fight which Sidious is controlling and clearly winning. Or how Dooku beat the night sisters. Even though Dooku want in full control there, we saw he was at a huge disadvantage yet still fought off 3 of them. And still won. That makes him look Bad Ass.

But please Not a 5 second blitz. That just makes the competition seem lame. Nothing more. And it's not entertaining in the least.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 11th, 2014 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

You sound like a Sidious fanboy. I am well pleased.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Sidious is awesome lol.

Indeed.

This is what happens when Sidious shows up; people lose their shit and get excited. He's the ultimate Star Wars villain; everyone else sucks in comparison.

No one would get this excited about Bane. Or Nihilus. Or Vitiate.

goddamn video timestamp url

It's like the 2:30 second mark. He shows up, cackles, chokes some fools, and the crowd goes nuts.

Last edited by The_Tempest on Sep 11th, 2014 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 09:21 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pfft, imagine a gathering of all the guys who played KotOR. If they simply showed Revan's mask, they might have had to shut down the entire convention.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Caedus, Plagueis, and Luke are also on The Emperor and Yodas tier.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 09:47 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WollfMyth

Yoda owns. His telekinetic powers are beyond Vitiate and he is more skilled with out a doubt. Yoda would either speedblitz him if he uses the blade, if he uses the Force probably a good fight, but Yoda is just more powerful. Vitiate specializes with rituals, not acctual power or skill.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 08:10 PM
Click here to Send WollfMyth a Private Message Find more posts by WollfMyth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Stop bumping topics.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vitiate still gets GODSTOMPED in this thread.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 08:12 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by WollfMyth
Vitiate specializes with rituals, not acctual power or skill.

Except he was born as a very gifted force user and when fully powered, he solidly defeated every enemy he faced without rituals. thumb up

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Sinious
Except he was born as a very gifted force user and when fully powered, he solidly defeated every enemy he faced without rituals. thumb up

With either prep, a nexus, or gathering power. thumb up He'd get speedblitzed by Yoda

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 09:27 PM