KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Vitiate vs Yoda ROTS

Emperor Vitiate vs Yoda ROTS
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
If I was wanking the weak I'd be supporting Vitiate.

Lulz. I don't know about RotS Yoda being superior than Vitiate in the Force, but I'm starting to think his saber skills can give the victory.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:09 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vitiate's lack of force feats off nexus do not stack up to Yoda's feats.

I am not convinced he can take Yoda without prep or a nexus.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:10 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I'm not wanking Dooku he is just superior in terms of quantifiable feats that can be determined to originate from his own power. Vitiate has no feats to suggest that he is as powerful as he is, as the vast majority of his examples take place on nexuses/rituals that amplify whatever "power" he has. He has no off nexus feats to compare, and therefore cannot be considered as powerful as Dooku until he has comparable showings.

Vitiate has always been prepared for his opponents. This is because he is smarter than everyone around him. Sidious was expecting the jedi team in ROTS, does that mean we should not take his performance seriously?

I understand if the preparation included some sort of power boosting ritual but that is not the case with Vitiate in most situations. You ignore feats like dark council one-shoting for very stupid reasons.

And for the last freaking time, the jedi strike team pwning has no nexus effect. Even if it had, it wouldn't matter much since the planet's nexus isnt that relevant.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

Yoda is Vitiate's superior in the force, and with his saber skills it's just overkill.

He really is not.

quote:
Sinious, since you claim to be unbiased look through the thread Cart linked, and make a case for Vitiate.

Im not completely unbiased, I've never claimed that as no one is but "some" people took it to the next level. I will check the debate in the link tho.

quote:
BTW, Cart may have trollish ways, but he is by far better than you at debating.

I've never claimed to be an expert debater too, but Im pretty sure I'm above things like ignoring feats and screaming "NEXUS" every time Im out of answers.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Sinious
Im not completely unbiased, I've never claimed that as no one is but "some" people took it to the next level. I will check the debate in the link tho.

I've never claimed to be an expert debater too, but Im pretty sure I'm above things like ignoring feats and screaming "NEXUS" every time Im out of answers.

thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Yoda is stated to be ROTS Sidious' equal, ROTS Sidious is stronger than Vitiate. They are all around the same level force power wise, perhaps with an edge to Vitiate. But Yoda is in a different tier with a blade, so Yoda definitely takes this.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Vitiate has always been prepared for his opponents. This is because he is smarter than everyone around him. Sidious was expecting the jedi team in ROTS, does that mean we should not take his performance seriously?

Being "smarter" is solely your opinion, he had extraordinary circumstances and a nexus that benefited him and not his own ability to rely on. That doesn't make him "smarter" it means he had a means at his disposal plus an external source to draw on.

quote:
I understand if the preparation included some sort of power boosting ritual but that is not the case with Vitiate in most situations. You ignore feats like dark council one-shoting for very stupid reasons.

He killed them off panel, and Sidious can easily kill them based on his feats, and the fact the Dark council for the most part are nearly all featless barring some members.

quote:
And for the last freaking time, the jedi strike team pwning has no nexus effect. Even if it had, it wouldn't matter much since the planet's nexus isnt that irrelevant.

He charged up his power and was still in orbit of a powerful darkside nexus that he created. The second part of your statement is your opinion, Vitiate has no showings bereft of a place strong in the darkside to prove that he could replicate and or that he performed a showing similar to that.

quote:

Cool story bro

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:30 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yoda is stated to be ROTS Sidious' equal, ROTS Sidious is stronger than Vitiate. They are all around the same level force power wise, perhaps with an edge to Vitiate. But Yoda is in a different tier with a blade, so Yoda definitely takes this.

I may agree with that though I think Vitiate's combat capabilities are being underrated here. He isnt as vulnerable as most people think as he has proven himself against powerful opponents and strike teams.

"Legions have risen to test me."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If I was wanking the weak I'd be supporting Vitiate.

#shotsfired

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I may agree with that though I think Vitiate's combat capabilities are being underrated here. He isnt as vulnerable as most people think as he has proven himself against powerful opponents and strike teams.

"Legions have risen to test me."

Revan alone sent him flying like a ***** on a darkside nexus. Any high tier fighter even with less the mental fortitude of Revan is capable of the same thing. He isn't made for combat he is made for sitting in a dark room fantasizing about being a male stripper and a farmer. Did I leave the part out where even in spite of controlling half the galaxy, he let a bunch of political hacks i,e the Dark council cost him the war?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:37 PM
Dominis

He really is not.

1) Yoda really is. Again, read the thread and make your case.

2) Correction: you have claimed that your bias doesn't affect your opinion, which it does, considering you're making statements without backing them up.

3) I'm sorry you don't like how nexuses work, but we're not going toss it out just to elevate your favorite character. You constantly try to bash Cart when he provides way more to debates than you do. His trollish ways aside, he is very good at analyzing character feats. I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he provides more to debates than you do, and he admits when his favorite characters are completely outclassed by another character, unlike you.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I haven't read much of this thread; have people been reminded of the fact that Sidious is stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful, skilled, important, and popular than Vitiate, Bane, Nihilus, and any other character not named Sidious?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:01 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by The_Tempest
I haven't read much of this thread; have people been reminded of the fact that Sidious is stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful, than any character not named Sidious?

Ones of Mortis? Luke Skywalker?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by The_Tempest
I haven't read much of this thread; have people been reminded of the fact that Sidious is stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful, skilled, important, and popular than Vitiate, Bane, Nihilus, and any other character not named Sidious?

Yoda is not named Sidious.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:05 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Luke & The Ones don't have Sidious beat in most of those categories, DMB.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Sep 7th, 2014 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:12 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Tempest stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Luke isn't smarter or faster than Sidious. More powerful? Perhaps, but so is Anakin.

Eh. I was more pointing out the fact that Sidious can in fact be challenged and is not the greatest most powerful character out there.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:13 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Being "smarter" is solely your opinion, he had extraordinary circumstances and a nexus that benefited him and not his own ability to rely on. That doesn't make him "smarter" it means he had a means at his disposal plus an external source to draw on.

Solely my opinion?

"During a violent tempest, Darth Lokess called a secret meeting of her eleven fellow Dark Council members. Under the cover of night, the Dark Council met and heard Darth Lokess describe a brilliant and daring plan to overthrow the Sith Emperor, end his relentless exile, and lead the Empire back to war against the Republic. An army of Sith under the command of Darth Lokess were stationed outside the meeting, ready to slay any Dark Council member who refused. But they all agreed to depose the Emperor.

It remains a mystery how the Emperor learned of his council's treachery. He allowed their plan to play out, but when they gathered to confront the Emperor, his punishment was swift and devastating. Eleven members of the Dark Council died in a sudden flash on the steps of the Citadel. The last member Darth Lokess, disappeared forever, though for some centuries some claimed her screams could be heard from the bowels of the Citadel."
-SWTORE

"There, safely hidden from their enemies, the Sith began to rebuild their Empire. Under the guidance of the Emperor—the immortal and all-powerful savior who still reigned over them even after a thousand years—they abandoned the hedonistic lifestyles of their barbaric ancestors."
-SWTOR: Revan

"All members of the Empire bow before their sovereign ruler - the Sith Emperor. Enigmatic and supremely powerful, the Emperor directs this domain from the shadows and manipulates the galaxy to carry out his will."
-SWTORE

As you can see, Vitiate has managed to create a system so sophisticated and well-organized, he was almost never in danger. They simply could not sucker punch him. He was ready for anything.

Also he is considered to be a genius mastermind that manipulates most of the important events that takes part in the galaxy.

"Voice of the Emperor" Codex Entry in swtor.con states that he has reached such a state of mind that he was able to telepathically speak to his servants spread in the galaxy while physically talking to someone in his presence. He also had 1400 years of experience unlike any sith/jedi we have seen.

You talk as if you've created the concept of nexus in Star Wars. You don't know how much a nexus boosts a character. You always assume it at least doubles their powers but what if it is like %1 boost effect? How the hell do you know that seriously? Especially when it is not specifically stated that the character is actively using the nexus.

quote:
He killed them off panel, and Sidious can easily kill them based on his feats, and the fact the Dark council for the most part are nearly all featless barring some members.

Sidious can easily kill them? How? What has ROTS Sidious or Yoda shown force powers wise to prove them selves stronger than 12 of the most powerful sith lords amongst thousands of sith during an era that is considered one of its culture's peaks? Oh and if you think they have a chance in sabers, thats impossible.

quote:
He charged up his power and was still in orbit of a powerful darkside nexus that he created. The second part of your statement is your opinion, Vitiate has no showings bereft of a place strong in the darkside to prove that he could replicate and or that he performed a showing similar to that.

A powerful nexus? How powerful? Also prove that he actually used the nexus and I don't remember a quote stating Vitiate actively boosted his powers than usual by charging up before the confrontation. Share if you have one.

After he became the Emperor, he never left Dromund Kaas and you're using this against the character to win this debate. That is stupid and childish. I suggest you try embracing a more healthier perspective.

quote:
Cool story bro

This is exactly the case for you and I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
1) Yoda really is. Again, read the thread and make your case.

2) Correction: you have claimed that your bias doesn't affect your opinion, which it does, considering you're making statements without backing them up.

3) I'm sorry you don't like how nexuses work, but we're not going toss it out just to elevate your favorite character. You constantly try to bash Cart when he provides way more to debates than you do. His trollish ways aside, he is very good at analyzing character feats. I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he provides more to debates than you do, and he admits when his favorite characters are completely outclassed by another character, unlike you.

1) Nah he isnt and I don't have to read that to make my case but I will when I have time.

2) If what I write includes my thoughts on the matter, I clarify it as what I think/believe and usually back it up with a reasoning whether it is correct or not or whether you agree with them or not.

3) I'm not the one who uses nexus effects to elevate my favorite characters or eras. You and Carthage are doing exactly that actually.

But I'm tired of you trying to criticize my debating or comparing me to Carthage. I don't a s**t about your opinions and I surely won't waste further time trying to justify myself to you.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 08:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

People love to use nexuses to invalidate feats even when theres no reason they're relevant or its obvious the character could replicate the feat even off it. It's usually just a BS way of ignoring showings and avoiding critical thinking.

Vitiate absolutely creamed the Strike Team "easily" and one-shot the Dark Council. Do you really think it matters at all if he was on a nexus or not?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Nephthys
People love to use nexuses to invalidate feats even when theres no reason they're relevant or its obvious the character could replicate the feat even off it. It's usually just a BS way of ignoring showings and avoiding critical thinking.

Vitiate absolutely creamed the Strike Team "easily" and one-shot the Dark Council. Do you really think it matters at all if he was on a nexus or not?

thumb up

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 09:06 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 09:07 PM