KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, this particular post will be ignored...

What post?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 07:31 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dunno, some post of yours that asked pertinent questions and brought up good points....hard to remember.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 07:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by krisblaze
Seems like it, but it's not something I mind. I believe Superman to be stronger,

Yes I would also say Superman is stronger. Even though Thor is crazy stupid strong, Superman is even crazier, stupider, stronger. And obviously Superman is a lot faster.

All that being said I don't think Superman is more powerful than Thor. And would hate to think that these boards always switch back to the default setting of Superman > Thor.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 10:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by pym-ftw
So does the board reset after awhile to a default Superman > Thor physically? I mean i did prove Thor to be magnitudes Stronger and god forbid someone say the Gorr feat was a strength feat for Gorr because that automatically becomes a durability feat. I mean we could argue the brainiac ship but it kinda seems to be missing context for alot of people so I'll spell it out: Ships are Hollow and planets aren't infact planets are Super Dense.

I'm sure this post will be skimmed over and forgotten but honestly Nerfing Superman's speed puts him at a distinct disadvantage vs most HH and this is no different.

Thor wins

I think Pre FP Superman edges Thor in strength. Clark's not a tier above in strength though like some may believe. New 52 looks like he may edge him too.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 02:18 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Based on what feats would you give Dcnu Superman "the edge?"

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 02:30 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Based on what feats would you give Dcnu Superman "the edge?"

Bench virtual earth weight for 5 days and helping to prevent Brainy's ship from crushing earth.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 02:38 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Bench virtual earth weight for 5 days and helping to prevent Brainy's ship from crushing earth.

Would you put Manhunter above him as well?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 03:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by carver9
Would you put Manhunter above him as well?

Heck no

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 03:06 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

planet destruction is on a far higher level than lifting. I covered the brainiac ship in my original post.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 04:07 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

planet destruction is on a far higher level than lifting. I covered the brainiac ship in my original post.

You may be right, but that ship was gigantic. It was a few dozen times the size of earth.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 04:42 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So does the board reset after awhile to a default Superman > Thor physically? I mean i did prove Thor to be magnitudes Stronger and god forbid someone say the Gorr feat was a strength feat for Gorr because that automatically becomes a durability feat. I mean we could argue the brainiac ship but it kinda seems to be missing context for alot of people so I'll spell it out: Ships are Hollow and planets aren't infact planets are Super Dense.

I'm sure this post will be skimmed over and forgotten but honestly Nerfing Superman's speed puts him at a distinct disadvantage vs most HH and this is no different.

Thor wins

WTF? When did you prove anything? Don't tell me you did that on NASA reports. Because that would be frankly idiotic. I mean I like real life physics, but I doubt the writer had that in mind when he wrote that Gorr fight.

And had Thor struggling to put a part of moon in its place the very next page.

Yeah, who the **** said the ship was hollow? And DCnU Superman isn't stronger just on the basis of lifting feats. He is stronger due to ripping off an above top tier in Doomsday in half.
Originally posted by krisblaze
Right, I didn't count 385 as a flashback-issue.

Regardless, Avengers came out before he was healed.

Thor's showed great skill in some of his hammerless Hulk battles.

Superman claims it's a fair fight. So we assume it's fair, and that they're equal.

Not enough appearances? You seem fully convinced. Why wouldn't the things that have convinced you, convince others?

2 weeks then. I'll gather the judges.

No, that wasn't a flashback issue. Thor 383 was a flashback issue.

You've got no proof of that at all. Baed on him wearing no armor I say that this came after the healing.

Fair in no way means they are equal. How the **** did you reached at that conclusion when Superman explicitly stated that only his exotic powers are neutralized.

Just the appearances aren't enough for a BZ.

Based on NASA? You are pretty desperate now it seems. But hey, I can make a list out of characters who have destroyed a planet. Show me a character lifting up a planet's mass though. No silly RL physics applying. Simple comic scans.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 04:43 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

By assuming it was hollow and having no clue how heavy it was? Just that it must've been hollow and stuff because it has to be?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 04:44 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And I got a question for you Pym. How strong would you say classic drax is based on these scans?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Drax destroyed two planets in a single punch and ripped apart a star in half. Please provide numbers for those from NASA.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 04:52 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I see abhi has blown a gasket
You may be right, but that ship was gigantic. It was a few dozen times the size of earth.
I'm sure it's probably. +Earth weight but again its like comparing a dodgeball to a ball bearing.

Edit.
My morbid curiosity got the better of me, Abhi are you honestly suggesting Logic should be thrown out because it doesn't fit your preconceptions? As far as Drax goes, he was originally written to be a threat to Thanos, after they decided to tone him down later he obviously isn't at that level anymore.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Last edited by pym-ftw on Sep 15th, 2014 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 04:56 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I'm sure it's probably. +Earth weight but again its like comparing a dodgeball to a ball bearing.

Edit.
My morbid curiosity got the better of me, Abhi are you honestly suggesting Logic should be thrown out because it doesn't fit your preconceptions? As far as Drax goes, he was originally written to be a threat to Thanos, after they decided to tone him down later he obviously isn't at that level anymore.

thumb up

That was a high end feat too. Classic Drax doesnt go around bitchslapping planets into oblivion.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 05:28 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

As far as Drax goes, he was originally written to be a threat to Thanos, after they decided to tone him down later he obviously isn't at that level anymore.

No, I just laughed at your applying of RL physics as they have anything to do with the comics.

And in the very same comic, Mar-Vell knocked him out.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

You can't even say that the writer forgot about the feat. It literally happened some pages later.

erm

And even from the start Drax was nowhere near a top tier. He conceded She-hulk was stronger than him FFS.

quote:
Edit.
My morbid curiosity got the better of me, Abhi are you honestly suggesting Logic should be thrown out because it doesn't fit your preconceptions?
No, what I'm saying that using RL physics in comics is stupid. Unless there is some correlation between destroying a planet and lifting a planet, you can't pick one as better just because NASA says so. These kind of feats are stupid to use as measuring stick of strength.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/187...742588.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/187...924774.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/187...374457.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/187...946430.jpg.html

That is however, beyond Thor's paygrade. Because we actually know how strong Doomsday was to other top tiers.

Last edited by abhilegend on Sep 15th, 2014 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 05:36 PM
Insane Titan

Hahaha Meltdown.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 05:37 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Coming from you? Hilarious.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 05:41 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by abhilegend
Coming from you? Hilarious.
yeah coming from me, come back to me when I go to the desperate lengths you go to constantly.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 05:55 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
When has Thor beaten such an opponent as Wraith?

Forgotten One(Gilgamesh) was the mightiest of the Eternals barring the Prime Eternal(Zuras) during this time. He was also massively amped by the commander of the 4th Celestial Host(One Above All).
"Made me FAR MIGHTIER even than before".

(please log in to view the image)

When they fought Thor 3 pieced him not with Mjolnir in hand, but with his Asgardian fists at the end of the fight.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 15th, 2014 at 09:10 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 09:06 PM