KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Coming from you? Hilarious.
Originally posted by Insane Titan
yeah coming from me, come back to me when I go to the desperate lengths you go to constantly.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:50 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think Pre FP Superman edges Thor in strength. Clark's not a tier above in strength though like some may believe. New 52 looks like he may edge him too.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:53 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Thor wins.DCNU Superman is still fairly new.Thor being powerless(confirmed in the Official Index of the Marvel Universe Thor) defeated Grog the God Crusher.Gave Loki and Fenris a manhandling despite not having Mjolnir.And Loki and Fenris were armed with Mjolnir copies in that fight.And Thor still defeated them.Thor was also ordered by Odin to fight for a year without any weapons whatsoever according to Breaking into comics the Marvel way.Thor being a mortal also defeated a grizzly bear.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:19 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Igniz
Thor wins.DCNU Superman is still fairly new.Thor being powerless(confirmed in the Official Index of the Marvel Universe Thor) defeated Grog the God Crusher.Gave Loki and Fenris a manhandling despite not having Mjolnir.And Loki and Fenris were armed with Mjolnir copies in that fight.And Thor still defeated them.Thor was also ordered by Odin to fight for a year without any weapons whatsoever according to Breaking into comics the Marvel way.Thor being a mortal also defeated a grizzly bear.

For a fairly new character, he's already surpassed PF Superman in strength,

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:20 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by Golgo13
For a fairly new character, he's already surpassed PF Superman in strength,

Strength isn't the be all end all of winning fights.A strong man capable of bench pressing 500 pounds would still get tenderized by a well trained skilled boxer.

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:33 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Strength isn't the be all end all of winning fights.A strong man capable of bench pressing 500 pounds would still get tenderized by a well trained skilled boxer.

He has some incredible speed feats as well. And Superdoom. wink

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:40 AM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

He has some incredible speed feats as well. And Superdoom. wink

Speed is equalized according to stips

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:43 AM
Senor Cage

Superdoom still wins, if we're using current portrayals.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:45 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

yeah coming from me, come back to me when I go to the desperate lengths you go to constantly.

Yeah, coming from the guy who is angry 24x7 its hilarious.
Forgotten One(Gilgamesh) was the mightiest of the Eternals barring the Prime Eternal(Zuras) during this time. He was also massively amped by the commander of the 4th Celestial Host(One Above All).
"Made me FAR MIGHTIER even than before".

(please log in to view the image)

When they fought Thor 3 pieced him not with Mjolnir in hand, but with his Asgardian fists at the end of the fight.

We'll forget that Thor was fighting Hero for an extended fight and Hero admitted that Thor was at least his equal in power/strength?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Thor was refreshed by Celestial Mothership's electromagnetic discharge while hero was still affected by Thor's attacks. Before that Hero was matching Thor just fine. Context celey, context.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Handbooks are not the proof of anything if the on panel proof contradicts it. And Thor 397 made it clear that Thor still had half of his strength.

Both Loki and Fenris were weaker than Thor in strength. BRB turned Fenris into skeleton with three attacks. Under the same writer Hercules got upper hand on Thor.

What does fighting inferiors for an year has to do with skills? Thor was the strongest being in Asgard except odin.

All this and Thor fans have yet to show anything like the wraith fight. If Thor is so skilled, he must have one fight in sixty years where he beat someone stronger than him, right? Or like this.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Superman pretty much shrugged off a punch that sent him from mars to earth and then beat the shit out of Xa-du, a kryptonian using his boxing skills. When right before that he was fighting multitude. And got weakened by kryptonite.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:36 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

We'll forget that Thor was fighting Hero for an extended fight and Hero admitted that Thor was at least his equal in power/strength?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Thor was refreshed by Celestial Mothership's electromagnetic discharge while hero was still affected by Thor's attacks. Before that Hero was matching Thor just fine. Context celey, context.
angry? Is called intolerance to hypocrites.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:39 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thor is a monster. He defeated a super human that was also powered by a Celestial. Then this guy ran through the Eternals (what fts does Doomsday have?). Thanks for the scans ABHI. Good showing for Thor.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:39 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

angry? Is called intolerance to hypocrites.

laughing out loud

You actually believe that?

Originally posted by carver9
Thor is a monster. He defeated a super human that was also powered by a Celestial. Then this guy ran through the Eternals (what fts does Doomsday have?). Thanks for the scans ABHI. Good showing for Thor.

GTFO already. Gilgamesh was powered up to Thor level only as he himself admits that. And he beat fodder Eternals.

Breaking wonder woman's arms with a single punch isn't enough for you? Breaking phantom zone, beating the shit out of Mongul and Non together (who you said that matched amped Superman and Batman), killing dozens of kryptonians etc......

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 12:54 PM
carver9

laughing out loud

You actually believe that?

GTFO already. Gilgamesh was powered up to Thor level only as he himself admits that. And he beat fodder Eternals.

Breaking wonder woman's arms with a single punch isn't enough for you? Breaking phantom zone, beating the shit out of Mongul and Non together (who you said that matched amped Superman and Batman), killing dozens of kryptonians etc......

Of course he would say that since Thor challenged him.

Breaking WW arms is one of his best fts and it's a hell of a punching power ft at that.

When did he take down Mongul? I remember them being in the Phantom zone but I don't remember Mongul losing. Hell, wasn't Mongul controlling the Zone? Could be wrong. Do you have scans of Mongul defeat? If so, I will concede.

When did he kill a dozen powered Krypronian? Hell, Zod defeated him without being powered by yellow sunlight. Do you ha e scans?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 01:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Why would I post the whole fight? It's in the respect thread. Unlike some others, I'm not one to mislead people.
And why do you think I specifically said "at the end of the fight"?

You're the one who brought up the Wraith fight. Do you want me explain context there too?

Forgotten One was already a peer in strength and durability before his celestial amp.

For all intents and purposes this is a great example to answer your question.

Smh...

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 16th, 2014 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 01:59 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Superdoom still wins, if we're using current portrayals.
We don't use newer versions unless specified. Don't you dare try this here but cry when someone mentions Death seed Sentry. Double standards 101.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 02:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Of course he would say that since Thor challenged him.

Breaking WW arms is one of his best fts and it's a hell of a punching power ft at that.

When did he take down Mongul? I remember them being in the Phantom zone but I don't remember Mongul losing. Hell, wasn't Mongul controlling the Zone? Could be wrong. Do you have scans of Mongul defeat? If so, I will concede.

When did he kill a dozen powered Krypronian? Hell, Zod defeated him without being powered by yellow sunlight. Do you ha e scans?

What? How did that even made sense? Hero was upgraded to Thor level strength. That's it.

So yeah, he is above top tier in strength. Do you agree?

In the same page where Batman found mongul. Doomsday beat the shit out of Mongul and Non together off panel.

Doomsday literally killed everyone in Phantom Zone save Mongul, Zod, Faora and Non. It was littered in corpses and skulls and there were at least two dozen kryptonians in the zone before that. Go read Batman/Superman 11.
Why would I post the whole fight? It's in the respect thread. Unlike some others, I'm not one to mislead people.
And why do you think I specifically said "at the end of the fight"?

You're the one who brought up the Wraith fight. Do you want me explain context there too?

Forgotten One was already a peer in strength and durability before his celestial amp.

For all intents and purposes this is a great example to answer your question.

Smh...

Of course you misled. you said Thor finished Hero in three punches when the fight was a lot longer than that.

Please do enlighten me about the context about the wraith fight.

No, he wasn't. Forgotten One was trapped in Sue's bubble where Thor was able to advance through it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hGigalmesh1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hGigalmesh2.jpg

He is more like Wonder Man level than Thor level in strength.

It isn't. Thor beating an equal in strength after a prolonged battle is a measure of skill?

smh.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 03:19 PM
carver9

What? How did that even made sense? Hero was upgraded to Thor level strength. That's it.

So yeah, he is above top tier in strength. Do you agree?

In the same page where Batman found mongul. Doomsday beat the shit out of Mongul and Non together off panel.

Doomsday literally killed everyone in Phantom Zone save Mongul, Zod, Faora and Non. It was littered in corpses and skulls and there were at least two dozen kryptonians in the zone before that. Go read Batman/Superman 11.
Of course you misled. you said Thor finished Hero in three punches when the fight was a lot longer than that.

Please do enlighten me about the context about the wraith fight.

No, he wasn't. Forgotten One was trapped in Sue's bubble where Thor was able to advance through it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hGigalmesh1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hGigalmesh2.jpg

He is more like Wonder Man level than Thor level in strength.

It isn't. Thor beating an equal in strength after a prolonged battle is a measure of skill?

smh.

WITH celestial power?

Wonder Woman had him dead to rights in their second fight with him coughing up mucus. She could have ended it and had confidence in her abilities to do it, but, busting her arms like that does show he had high Herald strength. I wouldn't argue Zod having trans tier strength by breaking Superman jaw or Wraith having trans tier strength by throwing Superman against mountains cracking his ribs.

About to read Superman/Batman. I will get back to you on this one. Didn't WW beat one of those Kryptonians with ease iirc? I thought they were powerless in the zone?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:24 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

WITH celestial power?
Yes, with celestial power upgrade which increased his strength to Thor level which he wasn't before that fight. You are taking it as if he had the power of a celestial.

quote:
Wonder Woman had him dead to rights in their second fight with him coughing up mucus.
Haha, what? He was stabbed and healed up in seconds, slagging her sword like nothing.
quote:
She could have ended it and had confidence in her abilities to do it, but, busting her arms like that does show he had high Herald strength.
How the **** did you reach that conclusion that she could've taken and defeated doomsday? Besides your superman hate that is. There wasn't even a hint that she could've taken a single hit from him and he literally WTFstomped her in the previous fight. He slagged her best weapon and her strength is negligible to him. How would she have beaten him carter?
quote:
I wouldn't argue Zod having trans tier strength by breaking Superman jaw or Wraith having trans tier strength by throwing Superman against mountains cracking his ribs.
Well, Zod suckerpunched Superman. And Wraith is automatically trans tier by being Superman's superior in every area.

quote:
About to read Superman/Batman. I will get back to you on this one. Didn't WW beat one of those Kryptonians with ease iirc? I thought they were powerless in the zone?
They are powerless in open world immediately after leaving the zone. In zone the same kryptonians beat the shit out of Phantom Stranger and held him captive there.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:48 PM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Handbooks are not the proof of anything if the on panel proof contradicts it. And Thor 397 made it clear that Thor still had half of his strength.

The Official Index Of the Marvel Universe Thor is more than just a handbook.It confirmed stories like Thor Vikings and Thor truth of history being canonical.While some of the one shot Thor stories were confirmed non canonical because it happened in a different Ragnarok Cycle.Even Thor's appearance in Venus#12 is confirmed canonical.Even the Demiurge scene in Thor annual#10 is confirmed still canonical.And if your talking about the half strength scene, that happened in Thor#398 were Loki powered up Thor.

Both Loki and Fenris were weaker than Thor in strength. BRB turned Fenris into skeleton with three attacks. Under the same writer Hercules got upper hand on Thor.

They were still armed with Mjolnir copies.And those hammers were capable of matching the real Mjolnir.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums...horV2080-08.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums...horV2080-15.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums...horV2080-16.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums...horV2080-17.jpg

And BRB used Stormbreaker to kill Fenris Wolf.Thor didn't use Mjolnir when he took on both Loki and Fenris Wolf.

Imagine being ganged up by 2 guys with hammers.And Fenris Wolf is a class 100 in strength.So Fenris Wolf isn't weaker than Thor.The original Norse Myth stated that Fenris Wolf would be bind by an unbreakable chain.But at the day of Ragnarok, Fenris Wolf finally breaks the chain.

What does fighting inferiors for an year has to do with skills? Thor was the strongest being in Asgard except odin.

Are you serious with this?Thor had to fight for a year without weapons.That means he'll take on Mages,Giants,Dark Elves,Fire Demons, and etc.Even if Thor has his strength, those races that I mentioned still has the advantage of having weapons and natural powers.Ice Giants for example are bigger,stronger(class 100 because they were stated to be more related to Ymir) and possess the ability to generate cold compared to their inferiors the Frost Giants.Fire Demons in large numbers are capable of overwhelming herald level beings like Beta Ray Bill.Imagine taking on Dark Elves without using Iron in the battlefield.Mages has the advantage of magic.I haven,t gotten to the sword,spears,bow and arrows and etc.Those weapons are still capable of hurting or killing Thor.Imagine sending someone to war but barring him from using guns or weapons of any kind for an entire year.Do you think anyone would agree to that knowing your enemy has guns and you don't?And I would probably tell the guy who told me to fight for a year without weapons "PHUCK YOU!" since I know I'm not that skilled.

All this and Thor fans have yet to show anything like the wraith fight. If Thor is so skilled, he must have one fight in sixty years where he beat someone stronger than him, right? Or like this.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Superman pretty much shrugged off a punch that sent him from mars to earth and then beat the shit out of Xa-du, a kryptonian using his boxing skills. When right before that he was fighting multitude. And got weakened by kryptonite.

Impressive.But

In mortal form, Thor wrestles and defeats nearly a dozen men.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...rthanDozen1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...rthanDozen2.jpg

If you think that was impressive, here Thor takes on and out wrestles a Grizzly Bear when stripped of his powers and having his soul placed in a human form.

http://s779.photobucket.com/user/R-...sBear1.jpg.html
http://s779.photobucket.com/user/R-...sBear2.jpg.html

Without powers, Thor is able to keep up with Captain America -even saves his life- as they take on the troops of the Zodiac.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...acWarriors1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...acWarriors2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...acWarriors3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...acWarriors4.jpg

The ones I gave is Thor being powerless and shows his skill.You can argue strength all you want.But again, its not the be all end all of winning fights.A man skilled in fighting can beat a less skilled stronger man.So Thor's skill>>>DCNU Superman's strength.

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 05:59 AM