KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dying Light

Dying Light
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Co-op fun.
The whole elemental thing reminds me of Bioshock fire boosted throwing stars set flamable stuff like petrol on fire ,when its raining the electric weapon attacks are conducted by water.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 09:36 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

That looks pretty fun

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2015 02:50 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yup.
Pre-order my digital copy on PSN.
I got 6 dockets of weapons after registering my pre-order code a free skin and play as the Zombie mode.

There is also a pretty cool phone game that lets you gather supplies(weapons,med kits etc)
Which you can send to your in game character in a form a drop boxes each can contain 20 items.
Havent played it too much but already got like 15 medkits.
Unlocks also have rifles,guns,molotovs,special meele weapons so it seems like a really useful little add on.

happy

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jan 24th, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 10:46 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

This phone app is pretty sweet.
You have scouts that you send on time based missions some of them are pretty long like 8 hours.

For each mission you get money ,loot ,agility or power xp.
Money is required for healing them.
Each mission requires an amount of "power" which is based on how lvld up your characters are you can send 3 scouts on each mission they lose health on each mission.

You can speed up time on missions but money is needed for it.

Its pretty simple but fun to play.

Under 2 days I got the following stuff.

4 pistol rounds,63 alcohol,1 chemical,2 batteries,3 aerosol,13 metal parts,19 duct tape,14 plastic,18 nails,5 strings,11 household supplies,4 herb,11 underwater algae,some weapon modifiers(2 assassin,1 enforcer,1 juggernaut)28 medkits,3 cigarettes.

All these can be send to my in game character in a form of drop box.
Which could be pretty useful Imo.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 09:01 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

1 day left. Can't wait.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 09:56 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yup.
Im super pumped.
Trying to loot as much as I can in the phone app the last 5 mission have been ass.
Only useful stuff I got is 1 meele weapon,1 molotov and 2 fire crackers.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:01 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

This must be a good game. Estacado has been gone for a while now.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 11:48 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Played it for 8 hours its a really fun game.

Parkour is done well and if you get the hang of it its really fluid.
The weapons feel like they have force behind them unlike in Skyrim.
If you do a power attack limbs will get torn off skulls get cracked and heads fly off
doesnt metter if its zombie or human it gets demolished.

Looting is easy and fun tons of stuff to loot shelves ,cashier,vans ,medic vans usually have 1-2 medkits ,police vans have weapons.The following 2 have to be locked picked but even the very hard ones can be done failrly easily.

There are 3 types of xp agility you get that for parkour,climbing ,power for fighting and survivor for doing side missions ,automatic events and missions collecting air drops.

Agility skills help you climb faster ,run for time,get some extra moves like slide drop kick and ram.

Power skills help you use your weapons more effectively ,give you more stamina you can acquire power moves ,finishing moves,weapons become more durable.

Survivor skills allow you to craft things granades(elemental and normal),bombs(elemental and nromal),booster(like in far cry 3,4),barter skills,grappling hook,use different kind of traps,use camoflauge(like in Walking dead),create shields,repair more times.

Didnt play much of the story took my time boosting my character.
Getting air drops are auto events as well if you get to it first you get to collect 2 boxes but that has to be done fast cause raiders always hunt these.
You can kill them fairly easily but you'll lose a box.

Only con so far is that weapons broke pretty easily and each has a repair limit there for its not really worth it to buy the expensive ones.
They are limited for 3-4-5 repairs and break after about 10-15 kills.

The repair skills might change that cause it says that often it wont take a repair
slot but for now I dont know by how much.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 11:53 AM
Estacado
Legendary

The skills are extremly useful in this game there some reduce fall damage by doing a forward roll allowing you to jump from 8-10 m heights without losing health another one adds a bit of wall surface running meaning you can go up on surfaces which dont have grappling points this way you can easily climb any surface under really short time.Ramming allows you to run through crowds of zombies knocking them away.Stompig allows you to one shot zombies/humans on ground.

Boosting my stats up to lvl 13 on each tree for 3rd tier abilities like stealth finisher which allow you to finish night hunters ,grappling hook and finishing moves.

Guns can be found in police vans or later on can be bought from merchants for around 10000+ dollars.

Night gameplay:
This time xp is doubled ,flares can be used to drive away zombies ,uv lights can be used to weaken night hunters.
The later are going out in huge numbers but they are easy to avoid just use the minimap to check on their area of sight,hold x to use survivor sense which allows you to locate them when they are near.When they get close just switch off flash light and try to stay out of their sight.
Dont try to take on them even if you succeed to kill one the sounds ttarcts the nearby ones and they gang up on you.Unless you stealth kill them.

Night time airdops give you double survivor xp since raiders wont come for them because they are afraid going out.
Surving outside gives you load of survivor xp as well.

Still havent progressed in the story just taking my time with the game.

There are possibly 2 maps.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jan 30th, 2015 at 09:54 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 09:47 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Its getting mixed reviews here are some better ones.

Ign.8,5
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/0...ng-light-review

Gameinformer 8,5

Cheatcode central 9,4
http://www.cheatcc.com/ps4/rev/dyinglightreview.html

Xboxachievments 8,5
http://www.xboxachievements.com/gam...box-one/review/

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 01:03 PM
Estacado
Legendary

I played 30 hours with it.
Been playing co op ,lvling up Im near maxed out by now.
Only at 10% in story and havent reached the 2nd map yet.

As you progress in the story you encounter tougher zombies and even normal zombies become more aggresive.
At the start they are pretty slow by now they come at you pretty fast in 10+ groups.
It's pretty hard to take on them without getting injured.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 08:36 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Playing this game...it reminds me of FC4 for some reason.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 12:46 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 02:17 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I agree with him.
Story is meh but gameplay is just too damn fun for me.
Put 50 hours into it story is at 38% now.

8.5/10

Also dlc is coming this week new areas ,missions and many more.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 08:40 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X

My man AJ!!!

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 01:42 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Just got the game, will be giving a review on it within a few hours.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 04:21 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Just got the game, will be giving a review on it within a few hours.

Have fun!

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 04:46 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

So far it's been brilliant. Only got so far as to doing the mission for Gazi and I just done that. The parkour is really something else. I never expected it to be as fun as it is. I'm also loving the slow motion you get when you cave a zombie's head in. Graphics are good as well (not that that is a big thing that wins me over). It's nice to see detail on faces and to see the clear mouldy teeth of a zombie while he is trying to get at you.

So far I have only been troubled by these virals that can do decent climbing. I shat myself when I was climbing up a ladder and one of them just jumped at me. I jumped backwards and nearly killed myself. I then had to make a getaway and nearly died in the process. So all in all I am really enjoying it.

Right now I am doing a mission where I have to find a pistol for someone called Dawud because apparently he's gonna give me access to a strash but I can't seem to find a pistol anywhere as of now.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 06:35 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

After reading reviews and watching Angry Joe, I don't know if I will play this game until a few years from now when it's super cheap on Steam. Some of the annoyances people have with the game would drive me crazy.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 06:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
So far it's been brilliant. Only got so far as to doing the mission for Gazi and I just done that. The parkour is really something else. I never expected it to be as fun as it is. I'm also loving the slow motion you get when you cave a zombie's head in. Graphics are good as well (not that that is a big thing that wins me over). It's nice to see detail on faces and to see the clear mouldy teeth of a zombie while he is trying to get at you.

So far I have only been troubled by these virals that can do decent climbing. I shat myself when I was climbing up a ladder and one of them just jumped at me. I jumped backwards and nearly killed myself. I then had to make a getaway and nearly died in the process. So all in all I am really enjoying it.

Right now I am doing a mission where I have to find a pistol for someone called Dawud because apparently he's gonna give me access to a strash but I can't seem to find a pistol anywhere as of now.

Try lockpicking police vans.Those have all the good stuff.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 06:47 PM