KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dying Light

Dying Light
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
After reading reviews and watching Angry Joe, I don't know if I will play this game until a few years from now when it's super cheap on Steam. Some of the annoyances people have with the game would drive me crazy.

What sort of annoyances?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 06:47 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

After reading reviews and watching Angry Joe, I don't know if I will play this game until a few years from now when it's super cheap on Steam. Some of the annoyances people have with the game would drive me crazy.

Game is underrated as hell.

@Scot
Originally posted by Estacado
Try lockpicking police vans.Those have all the good stuff.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 06:49 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Game is underrated as hell.

@Scot

Yeah tried one and got a crafting part. Will try more. I'm about get a baseball bat so I can get through troublesome situations a bit better.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 06:58 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah tried one and got a crafting part. Will try more. I'm about get a baseball bat so I can get through troublesome situations a bit better.

You'll find guns in police vans sooner or later.
Meele weapon damage depends on how lvld up your survivor skills are the higher you are the more powerful weapons you can buy or find.At damage 200 you'll one shot normal zombies.

Kill rais's men they carry some good weapons.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 07:03 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What sort of annoyances?

Umm, well, just things like breakable weapons, missions kind of suck, dying from falling, the last mission being bullshit and probably other stuff.

This is just what I heard/read and this doesn't reflect on the game, just things that bother me in all games.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:04 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Umm, well, just things like breakable weapons, missions kind of suck, dying from falling, the last mission being bullshit and probably other stuff.

This is just what I heard/read and this doesn't reflect on the game, just things that bother me in all games.

Repairing weapons has been very easy. Just finding pieces of metal and that's done. And really it isn't a zombie game in which you smash up every single one you find. I haven't noticed anything troublesome there. And them breaking happens but it isn't a problem, as like I mentioned. It's a zombie survival in that sense, it isn't Left 4 Dead 1 or 2 where you can smack a Tank on the head forever with a frying pan and it wont break. You have to conserve each hit you do and decided whether it's better to vault over the zombie or not.

Dying from falling again I haven't experienced unless I jumped from a stupid height. And if you time it right you can jump from quite high areas. But again this hasn't bothered me. I haven't died once in 8 hours or so of gameplay. So they're either being silly and jumping from heights where they will die then start complaining about it.

Still got no clue about the last mission but so far I have just been exploring Harran, Story has been fine for the 2% I have done of it. The world is really fun to explore.

None of it is as bad as you'd think. Or be lead to think.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Feb 18th, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:12 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Also apologies if my last reply seemed rude.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:18 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

These zombies are always grinning at me.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:18 AM
Estacado
Legendary

That's bullshit you only die if you jump from 20m+ height which seems pretty real.
Later on you unlock a skill which allows you to reduce falling damage after that you can unlock a forward roll with it you can fall from 10-12 m height without taking damge.

Weapon breaks can be decreased by getting certain skill which allows you to fix a weapon more times.
170-180 damage weapons 1 shot zombies you can easily kill 50-60 without breaking a weapons.Im at the point where basic weapons do 800-1000 damage upgraded ones do 2200-2500

Its only annoying in the begining.

Once you upgrade to max you are pretty OP you can still be killed quite easily but you can handle the toughest zombies with 2-3 hits.

Hard mode coming soon.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Feb 18th, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:30 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

That's bullshit you only die if you jump from 20m+ height which seems pretty real.
Later on you unlock a skill which allows you to reduce falling damage after that you can unlock a forward roll with it you can fall from 10-12 m height without taking damge.

Weapon breaks can be decreased by getting certain skill which allows you to fix a weapon more times.
170-180 damage weapons 1 shot zombies you can easily kill 50-60 without breaking a weapons.Im at the point where basic weapons do 800-1000 damage upgraded ones do 2200-2500

Its only annoying in the beggining.

Once you upgrade to max you are pretty OP you can still be killed quite easily but you can handle the toughest zombies with 2-3 hits.

Hard mode coming soon.

Just as I type this I am on the part where you pick up the 2nd airdrop in the night time.

Here comes the super zombies.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:35 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Just as I type this I am on the part where you pick up the 2nd airdrop in the night time.

Here comes the super zombies.

Easiest mode to avoid them is switch of the flash light when they are around.
Sound doesnt bother them light does.
Also use survivor sense to locate them through walls.

After getting 500+ damge weapons you can easily kill them.

Youtube korek machete blueprint.
It does 500+ damage best early game weapon you can unlock.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:37 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Easiest mode to avoid them is switch of the flash light when they are around.
Sound doesnt bother them light does.
Also use survivor sense to locate them through walls.

After getting 500+ damge weapons you can easily kill them.

Youtube korek machete blueprint.
It does 500+ damage best early game weapon you can unlock.

Also just to ask is there a a tab or something that gives you information on the zombies? Similar to a wiki or something like that.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:44 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Also just to ask is there a a tab or something that gives you information on the zombies? Similar to a wiki or something like that.

Ingame unfortunetly nope.

http://dyinglight.wikia.com/wiki/Infected

Zombies:spoilers ahead!

Normal ones (as you progress they move a bit faster)
virals (runing ones can climb)
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: toads(they spit toxin)
bombers(they explode on touch can instantly kill you)
goons(big guys with rebars)
volatile(the ones that come out night)
screamer (babies the make super loud noise attracting other zombies)
bolters(they are like zombie runner they mean you no harm but carry bolter tissue which is the best toxical crafting item location will bea available on map after reaching certain part of story only come out at night)
demolisher(big tank dude that throws arounds cars or concrete chunk)
gas tank(hit the gas tank on his back and watch it explode)

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 01:04 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Try be the zombie that sh1t is super fun!

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 03:20 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Been playing be the Zombie it's awesome!
Its nice that the night hunter also has skills to unlock!

Hunting players is really fun unless they resort to that cheap ass flare trick...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 10:36 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

So I finished the game (my Uncle was round and I pretty much blitzed through it as I was talking to him).

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So I have to say I actually enjoyed it. It was quite short but it packed a punch. It ended pretty much like Shadow of Mordor. With Crane telling the GRE he'll give them the Zere's when he wants. And near the end Camden says that a cure could be available if you bring back said data.

I liked the end fight with Rais (Suleiman). Pretty funny that he owned me a few times with 1 arm. I felt bad about Rahim and Jade. I wanted them both to survive bit they have to go for the story. Which reminds me of the trippy experience you have near the end of the game. Made me jump when Jade suddenly charged at me. I also think Rais was done really well. He's definitely built up over the story as always being one step ahead of you. He reminds ds me a lot of Heath Ledgers Joker. He was very clever.

I wished we could have seen more of Brecken. Being British myself it's cool to see a Brit in a game.

So yeah overall I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't have finished the game of my Uncle haent been here but I can happily say I enjoyed doing it. Here's hoping we get some DLC to expand on the end of the game.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 10:48 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Game sold 500 000 copies in 4 days in the US.
I bet those are only the phisical copies.

Its gonna get released in EU as well.

With the digital sales I bet its easily over 1 million now.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 06:46 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Free dlc next week.
New skins
New weapons
Hard mode

I still need all collectibles and have to redo the sidemissions for platinum...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 10:05 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Free dlc next week.
New skins
New weapons
Hard mode

I still need all collectibles and have to redo the sidemissions for platinum...

Instantly going for the ninja costume.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 07:12 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Instantly going for the ninja costume.

Same here.
All look badass though.

I might be wrong though they announced the pack in the video for 5 dollars but there is also a free pack on the same day.

Free one has
+HARD MODE
+NEW SKINS
+NEW WEAPONS
+NEW WEAPON RARITY LEVEL

https://www.facebook.com/DyingLight...e=1&theater

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 07:36 PM