KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)

Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just to throw it out there I guess,

https://imgur.com/a/A5tBUgF

A cosplay like that's proof enough that you can have a black chick as Starfire and make it work.

This Starfire just doesn't work for plenty other reasons.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 07:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

A cosplay like that's proof enough that you can have a black chick as Starfire and make it work.

When cosplay looks less awkward than the actual character portrayal... I mean obviously she doesn't have a professional budget costume, but she looks way more natural than what we see in the trailer. Maybe it's because I am not too invested in the character, but I don't give two shits if they make her black, as long as it actually works within the show. But that shit in the trailer looks bad.

Anyway, trailer looks suspect overall as well IMO. Looks like they are going way too deep into the edgy, dark and angsty route for my liking. The CW melodrama can already get a bit much sometimes.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2018 03:00 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The CW melodrama can already get a bit much sometimes.

That alone is enough for me to look forward to Titans.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2018 08:34 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Amazing how worse and worse this show tends to look with every new update/info revealed. I guess they got more wrong with Starfire than just her appearance; the nature of her powers and whatnot too, and to top it off, the Batman in this show is a killer whose trying to teach Robin to be the same, which is why he’s not a fan of the dark knight here.

Affleck Batman may have been a killer in his first appearance, but at least he didn't try to make other heroes follow his bad example, to my memory. Reeks of some Frank Miller, but at least hating this Batman and his methods gives the show's Robin some chance for redemption, I guess.

They at least improved Beast Boy's appearance some too, giving him the green skin now, but with fake goth Raven and everything else still wrong with the show, am still hard pressed to give this a watch, even for just the first episode.

On that note, I guess WB was aware that relying on their DC app or whatever alone would be a bad idea, so Netflix will be streaming Titans as well.

I'll still take most of the CW superhero shows over this abomination, but to each their own. Couldn't even bring myself to watch anymore of the trailers for this show beyond the first one.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 10:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was also heavily implied in BVS that Batman wasn't always a killer; that Robin's death was what pushed him over the edge. If this show is just straight up "Batman's always been a nutbag killer", then that's even worse.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 10:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I thought its only on Netflix for those of us living outside of the States... Because the DC App is not available for us. How unfortunate we have less subscriptions to pay smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 11:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Everything I have seen of this so far makes me think it will be hot garbage. But I will give the first episode or two a shot. Who knows? Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. I sincerely doubt it though.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 01:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I quite liked the first episode.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:07 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Was meh.

Acting and dialogue was cheesy at times.

And trying wayyy to hard to be dark and gritty.

But wasnt awful. Will continue watching to see where it goes.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 05:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

This still looks terrible.

It isn't quite irredeemably horrible like Inhumans but it just might get there.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 02:17 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh cant get that bad lol

But yeah the tone isnt working. If Youre going for a Daredevil type tone then you gotta have better dialogue and acting.

And yeah its true they seem to have gone the BvS route making Batman brutal. Exceptionally brutal to the extent that he is a wanted criminal.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 06:25 AM
tkitna

I actually liked it. The acting was somewhat subpar, but I'm kind of digging the tone. I'm onboard for now.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 01:45 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Man, episode 2 was brutal!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 07:54 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Yeah, that first picture of Anna Diop just ruined it for me, where she looks like some trashy East London hooker.

It's not that Starfire can't be played by a woman of colour, since of course she is a woman of distinct colour. Just not this one.

It's a shame Hannah John-Kamen (Killjoys, Ant-Man and the Wasp) wasn't available for this role. She would have been dead on perfect, to me.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 03:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

thoroughly enjoyed both eps thus far. I think this will come together pretty good as long they don't try to expand the universe to quickly.

im ok with starfire I literally only seen her dressed like a tart thus far, not her costume or anything. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she has amnesia or smthn so she doesn't know who she is or anything.... so we haven't even seen what she will look like as starfire.

hawk from hawk and dove though... how does this guy still get superhero work

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 02:07 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Do you not find it dark just for the sake of being dark though?

Robin just seems needlessly violent to me. Its Like theyre going for a Daredevil/Punisher vibe, but trying way too hard.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 04:35 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I agree with uptick of violence and blood splatter is trying to hard to be like the good marvel shows.

dark for sake of being dark I would not say though if they are trying to expand on the Batman v supes universe. i always thought a live action batman should be more brutal than he normally has been portrayed in most media so i can see robin going out like that - the whole strike fear in the heart of man idea...

but yeah the crappy horror blood spray is no bueno for me

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 07:14 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This series gets better with every episode. In fact, Titans is turning into a real pleasure to watch.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 02:44 PM
Darth Thor

Ive seen 3 episodes and it has improved with each one.

Wont be able to watch the rest though until its on Netflix.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 10:57 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

ive been checking it out on firestick... yeah it shows a lot of promise.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 02:17 PM