KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

No need. Because you're the one asserting that Peter would put him down with cumulative punches; I never once said that Ares would punch him.

So go on, how many? Because at this rate, Spidey tires himself out lol. If you say 'a lot', well, a million is a lot. Spiderman would die of exhaustion from throwing one million punches. Ares wins just by standing there.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

How about making Ares suffocate with webs?

Bloodlust is on and Parker has already shown he thought about it (Back in Black, vs. Fisk).

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Does he need to breathe?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

To stay conscious? Pretty sure he does.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I meant as a god. Thor for example is fine in space.

I know Thor is Thor and Ares is Ares, hence my q.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:07 PM
carver9

Is there proof he doesn't need to breath? Scans please.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Is there proof he doesn't need to breath? Scans please.

Proof does exist. Red Hulk's first few appearances... when he fought Thor.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:14 PM
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Proof does exist. Red Hulk's first few appearances... when he fought Thor.

True. What about Ares? Is there proof that he does not need to breath?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Eurgh. Trying to find the scans of him fighting Namor underwater.....anyone have it?

Oh look, carv pops up again when he feels he can parasitically latch on to others' arguments.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:22 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Maaaaaaaybe... if you count him getting set on fire and fighting. But that's far from definitive proof.

Mindset

So we all agree Spider-Man wins?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yup.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:24 PM
DarkSaint85

Sub-Mariner #57. He fights Namor underwater without needing to breathe.

I can hear Carver's dreams crumbling. Time to cheerlead and latch on with those suckers onto another unsuspecting argument.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 26th, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:33 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Stoic
The ground? Can he bash him against the ground? Webbing? Can his webs serve to slow Ares down if he repeatedly gums up his joints with the material? what about sticking his feet to the ground added with gumming up his joints? None of these things are outside of his character. Ares is also a hot head. What happens to hot heads in fights? They tend to telegraph a lot. This is one of Spiderman's favorite tools in many of his battles. Spiderman doesn't even have to directly punch Ares to land huge impacts on him with those webs if you were to think about it, and Ares only weighs about 350-400lbs. This isn't going to stop Spiderman from launching him with those webs, and bringing him back down to earth head first.

I would like to see Pete doing tactics like this. Also, I don't see you admitting you argued featureless environment in one thread but ignored that rule in the other.

Originally posted by Stoic
Except for the idea that Spiderman has actually hurt guys as strong as Ares. Spiderman is clearly above what the handbooks have given him in strength. Heck keeping a building as large as he held up clearly makes him a class 100.

Batman's sent an armored guy flying through a door that was supposed to take missile impacts or some such. So Batman is stronger than Spider-Man. thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:16 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Just looking at this scan, I have even fewer doubts that Spidey can win this.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...18630-12091.jpg

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:23 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
When has Ares ever thunderclapped?

From what i know, dont. But also he never was in a fight were someone was hitting him for hours and he cant tag him, lol. After the first hour he will start to try something different, dont, lol ?

Also, guys like Luke Cage alredy used TP in fights. Ares is capable.

quote:
Cars? Buildings? It's a featureless environment...

Ground still valid.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:36 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Delta1938
I would like to see Pete doing tactics like this. Also, I don't see you admitting you argued featureless environment in one thread but ignored that rule in the other.

Batman's sent an armored guy flying through a door that was supposed to take missile impacts or some such. So Batman is stronger than Spider-Man. thumb up

You would love to see how Spiderman riles his opponents up? Do you recall his witty banter? You've never seen Spiderman use his webs in an attempt to slow, or subdue his opponents? I did say that he could use the ground to hurt Ares even in a featureless environment right? I didn't pursue the environment because you showed me how nothing was stated in the OP.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No need. Because you're the one asserting that Peter would put him down with cumulative punches; I never once said that Ares would punch him.

So go on, how many? Because at this rate, Spidey tires himself out lol. If you say 'a lot', well, a million is a lot. Spiderman would die of exhaustion from throwing one million punches. Ares wins just by standing there.

It wouldn't take than many punches to put Ares down. It also didn't take Superman to place immortal Herc in a coma when the Masters of evil nearly beat the life out of him. Using his showing against Hercules doesn't not make him immune to Spiderman.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:49 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by tkitna
Just looking at this scan, I have even fewer doubts that Spidey can win this.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...18630-12091.jpg

Spiderman wouldn't fight him like that. he would also dictate the way the fight went because he has all of the tools to do just that. Spiderman would of course have to bait, hit and evade most of the time, but in the end he has a very good chance of taking Ares. He can not go blow for blow, nor would he.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:56 AM