KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah I think it will improve on CW. Just think it's sad none of these superhero shows gets the ratings to compete on big networks (sans Netflix).

Agent Carter's been cancelled, AOS is still on, but it's ratings are below the Flash's (although it's a season ahead to be fair), and Gotham's ratings are only about half a million ahead of Flash's now.

Now a lot of that is to do with Flash doing a great job by staying fairly consistent in its ratings, but the only reason it can even compete with these shows on much bigger networks, is due to how badly those other shows ratings have dropped.

It's sad too, as I'd say the Flash is one of the best of the non-Netflix comic-book shows. TWD is the only one I'd put ahead of it, and even that isn't as consistent as Flash can be.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2016 02:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Damn totally forgot about, TWD (my fav show right next to Flash). That's the only comic book show whose ratings kept going up. That's really rare with shows in general though. Happens with shows like Game of Thrones and Big Bang Theory.

So yeah that one made it very well on a big network.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 04:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well Supergirl still manager to be the most watch comic book show of the lot despite its steady decrease in ratings. However since folks are content on merging this with Flash, I'll depend on the latter show's quality to decide whether or not this or Arrow are worth following.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 04:43 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well Supergirl still manager to be the most watch comic book show of the lot despite its steady decrease in ratings.

Yeah but it had the same drop AOS had in its first season. So going by that pattern I think CBS knew where this was likely going to be in another season.

However since folks are content on merging this with Flash, I'll depend on the latter show's quality to decide whether or not this or Arrow are worth following.

Arrow was great for the first 2 seasons, but not worth it anymore.

Flash is the best superhero show out there IMO. And probably my favorite show along with The Walking Dead.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 06:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this show will suck even more.... Thankfully Flockhart and Harewood are returning( just until Harewood is killed of, of course ,lmao)

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 26th, 2016 06:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well Supergirl still manager to be the most watch comic book show of the lot despite its steady decrease in ratings. However since folks are content on merging this with Flash, I'll depend on the latter show's quality to decide whether or not this or Arrow are worth following.

Good point... I'll certainly give Supergirl (and maybe still Arrow) more a chance depending on what it all brings.

Definitely get why, but I still want or hope for Arrow to be great again (S3 was shit, while S4 was... underwhelming to what it could've been), which I believe can still be done depending on the writers. The Flash is more up there for me too, but I don't want it to be the only CW superhero show that's consistently good.

Well, Legends has still been hella entertaining at least outside of like one episode or so, so hope it doesn't go downhill also.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 09:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah Legends is pretty consistent for what it is.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 10:53 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Flash is the best superhero show out there IMO. And probably my favorite show along with The Walking Dead.

Well yeah Arrow suddenly becoming worse for no apparent reason was bad but a part of me wanted to hold on to the possibility it could become like s1/s2 again. The finale for this latest season of Arrow showed otherwise.

By that I meant that since CW was content on not only renewing all their shows but saving Supergirl, maybe I'll check it out if S3 of Flash is an improvement.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 12:53 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They need to make the show less about Felicity. For me, that's when the show started to suffer.

I liked her in the first couple of seasons, but she's gradually come to have a large part of the show revolve around her, and it just doesn't work.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 27th, 2016 02:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And they should probably just drop the flashbacks portion of the show altogether. They made sense in the first couple seasons, but it doesn't really help connect things from the past to the present anymore. It's gotten lackluster now, especially with this season's finale.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 05:51 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And they should probably just drop the flashbacks portion of the show altogether. They made sense in the first couple seasons, but it doesn't really help connect things from the past to the present anymore. It's gotten lackluster now, especially with this season's finale.

Agreed. I didn't mind the Slade stuff, but now it just seems redundant.

I think Arrow suffers though in another way, ie the supporting cast. Flash and DC Legends have a far more diverse cast, at least in terms of personalities. I don't have anything against Diggle or his wife, but they really lag behind the likes of Mick and Cisco to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 27th, 2016 06:16 AM
Darth Thor

Well yeah Arrow suddenly becoming worse for no apparent reason was bad but a part of me wanted to hold on to the possibility it could become like s1/s2 again. The finale for this latest season of Arrow showed otherwise.

Originally posted by -Pr-

I think Arrow suffers though in another way, ie the supporting cast. Flash and DC Legends have a far more diverse cast, at least in terms of personalities. I don't have anything against Diggle or his wife, but they really lag behind the likes of Mick and Cisco to me.

I think they need to get rid of all the sidekicks, and just have it as Arrow again. That's when the show was at it's best IMO.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 10:01 AM
Darth Thor

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 10:27 PM
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

He looks like a perfect CW Superman.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 10:03 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Big image but:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2016 11:40 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

No. Just... No.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2016 03:54 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...rgirl-set-video

Set shows CW Superman in a battle with Metallo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 4th, 2016 08:12 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Superman's been cast:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...the-cw#/slide/1
Nu-male Superman

I'll be honest, this is exactly the type of Superman that western society deserves.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 06:36 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 05:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^^ he'll lose badly so they can prop up Kira

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote