KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

The ratings for this had been rapidly dropping every week for the last 4 weeks. So whatever this shows been doing its been putting audiences off.

Flash might have just saved it from being axed.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 11:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So the real hero of the crossover was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the fire department? Also the jobbing wasn't as bad as I expected yet more than I'd hoped. Also can someone explain how this Silver Banshee somehow looks and has worse effects than the one in Smallville.

I guess this show really did need Flash's help to save its falling ratings. Still not convinced that I should start watching again.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 01:50 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
To be fair to Barry, he asks if overloading her is a good idea and Kara runs off without anyone telling him that might not be a good idea. He also mentions that he dealt with a similar electric-villain and thats how he beat him iirc.

Yeah, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that was continued exposure that overloaded Blackout, not a single bolt. And the first time he drained Barry, leaving him powerless. So a strategy that has 50% success rate is not the best one. And Blackout was ultimately still fleshy human, where as Livewire seemed more like Electro from ASM2, based on the limited bit I saw. But I do agree Supergirl is really to blame. They could have at least spent a few more minutes strategising. I hope blindly charging into fights without a plan is not the way she normally does things.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 02:07 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So the real hero of the crossover was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the fire department? Also the jobbing wasn't as bad as I expected yet more than I'd hoped. Also can someone explain how this Silver Banshee somehow looks and has worse effects than the one in Smallville.

I guess this show really did need Flash's help to save its falling ratings. Still not convinced that I should start watching again.

well there are just two shows left, so you might wanna hurry lmao

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 02:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Did Cat Grant drop a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Smallville reference by thinking of calling Flash "The blur"?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 10:08 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Well she did say a bad CW show.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 12:52 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, true.

Supergirl's so much better then Smallville.. So of COURSE it's ratings will flop.

Bad shows usually last forever, and good shows vanish after 2-3 seasons.

Guess that means I could look forward to Gotham for many seasons. Objectively, it's a terrible show, but for some reason I kind of like it. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 30th, 2016 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 02:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

If this show gets dropped its going to be really sad.

It just goes to show you how stupid the audience is they can't stand to see women in charge of it.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 04:16 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I watched this episode bc I'm into the Flash. It wasn't bad. I started and quickly stopped watching Supergirl when it first started - not my cup of tea, and I'm already probably purging Arrow and AoS from my weekly queue - but it has its moments. She does the adorable, clueless dork well. It's impossible not smile at the scene where she's introducing Barry to her friends, and others like that. I lol'd when neither of them saved the day. But it fit thematically with Barry's earlier speech, so w/e.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 30th, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 10:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules_2
Did Cat Grant drop a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Smallville reference by thinking of calling Flash "The blur"?

yup..

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 11:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Really enjoyed the crossover. Was cheesy as hell, but found myself smiling through most of it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 06:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jon quill

First of all I just want to see I'm a fan of female character led shows and nothing against Melissa Benoist who is an okay actress. So I put the faults of this show on its creators who have mucked around with not just with Supergirl but with her support team and have turned it into something that gave me a headache with just the pilot, so I thought that I'd give the crossover with the flash a try and some parts of it were good but I think Kara was too busy trying to impress Barry than concentrating on her villains at the time?

Old Post May 11th, 2016 08:20 PM
Jon quill is currently offline Click here to Send Jon quill a Private Message Find more posts by Jon quill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks like Supergirl will be moving to CW...

http://deadline.com/2016/05/supergi...ble-1201752684/

Old Post May 11th, 2016 09:32 PM
Darth Thor

And it's moved:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/sup...n-2-1201773032/

Kind of embarrassing it couldn't make it on a big network tbh.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 10:49 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And it's moved:

sick

Yeah that's pretty bad though I think the writers/show-ruuners should take this into account if they're serious about continuing Supergirl.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 10:56 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank God, Seasons 2 and 3 and on are confirmed.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/s...e-season-three/

http://en.yibada.com/articles/12637...come-couple.htm

I really liked this show. It got better and better.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 03:50 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And it's moved:

I honestly think being on the CW will help the show, funnily enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2016 04:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly think being on the CW will help the show, funnily enough.

Yeah I think it will improve on CW. Just think it's sad none of these superhero shows gets the ratings to compete on big networks (sans Netflix).

Agent Carter's been cancelled, AOS is still on, but it's ratings are below the Flash's (although it's a season ahead to be fair), and Gotham's ratings are only about half a million ahead of Flash's now.

Now a lot of that is to do with Flash doing a great job by staying fairly consistent in its ratings, but the only reason it can even compete with these shows on much bigger networks, is due to how badly those other shows ratings have dropped.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 26th, 2016 at 07:27 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2016 07:22 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Thank God, Seasons 2 and 3 and on are confirmed.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/s...e-season-three/

http://en.yibada.com/articles/12637...come-couple.htm

I really liked this show. It got better and better.

Oohh going up against Big Bang Theory won't help its ratings.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 07:31 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really like the show, you?

Old Post May 26th, 2016 02:31 PM