KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I have heard that Oz gets really rough at points. But I just stuck with GoT as an example because, as I said, it's something that I have personal experience with. But hey, just means that we have at least two good examples to go by.

Funnily enough, there is one show that was actually pretty horrible, if you think about the kinds of things that actually happen in the show. But because of the almost over-the-top way a lot of it is shot, almost lessens the impact of the gruesomeness. And that is Spartacus. I mean, beyond the standard horrible violence, like disembowling enemy gladiators etc., it featured multiple instances of violent rape, people being castrated and left to bleed out etc.

I loved Spartacus... Guilty pleasure I guess, but it also had Manu Bennett, among others.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 03:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, Spartacus was a brutal show, it's actually quite difficult to re-watch I find. Like when you know there is a horrible double-cross on the horizon, or a nasty child slaying, or an impending rape. You're right, it probably does go further than GoT.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:51 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I loved Spartacus... Guilty pleasure I guess, but it also had Manu Bennett, among others.

I enjoyed that show as well. And yeah, it was really well cast for the most part. Gannicus will always be my favourite though. Only guy crazy enough to fight an enemy while literally blindfolded, yet also skilled enough to actually win.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:43 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by samhain
Yeah, Spartacus was a brutal show, it's actually quite difficult to re-watch I find. Like when you know there is a horrible double-cross on the horizon, or a nasty child slaying, or an impending rape. You're right, it probably does go further than GoT.

Yeah, it got pretty heavy in parts. Was still a great show IMO.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:45 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Mick is my favorite character.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 07:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Good to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wally again. I wonder if he'll be sticking around for a while, or be more of a one-off, like Constantine. I'm torn. I want to see more of the character, but I know that there will be some truly epic jobbing in store if it happens.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 05:04 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Even though it was a simulation, I found myself thinking why didn't Ray just shrink the bomb so it would only be like a match being struck?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 01:35 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Technically, that shouldn't actually work, as he isn't actually decreasing the amount of explosives, just scaling down the amount of space it takes up. It shouldn't affect the power of the blast. That being said, CW writers have done exactly this before during Legends S1 finale, when he shrunk one of Savage's magic space rocks when it was about to explode. But then they also seem to have forgotten that he built a shrink ray way back then, as they reintroduced it this season as though it's a new thing.

But even the MCU made a royal clusterf*** out of their explanation for how shrink powers work. They warn Ant-Man that he has to be careful when punching people, because he still retains his mass despite his size, but Pym can carry a shrunken tank in his pocket without issues IIRC. And then they explain that his powers work by decreasing the space between atoms, but he then goes sub-atomic at the end of the film.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 01:52 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm sure they've used that 'decreasing the space between atoms' before, like on The Flash or something

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 01:13 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, let’s replace Captain Blackbeard in history because a kickass female pirate is more politically correct or something. Did like the leadup with Wally though.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I love how the Waverider can survive a nuke when the plot demands it, but then gets picked apart by cannonballs when the plot demands it as well.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 02:47 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Well then it looks like CW is really likes their soapbox with their superhero shows this year.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:44 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been a Supernatural episode where the brothers get turned into women yet.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:04 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This surprisingly may have been the best Damian Darhk episode. He’s still got it. Still wonder though when CW will get burned out from using him for stories like with Merlyn, not that I’ll complain if he’s back yet again somewhere after this season. Of course if they use the daughter as a means of giving him closure like with Merlyn, that’s fine too...

The cliffhanger with Grodd was nice also, though I’m sure they’ll have Rip do something later that’ll make you not like him again.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:46 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I wonder why Rip deleted that file.....

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:51 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Whatever the reason, Sara will hate him again for it when she finds out. lol

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:17 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

She's a robot, or Rip's daughter, or something else!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:18 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Okay, am I the only one who really wants to know what the deal with that foot is?

Also, John is apparently going to become a S4 regular, based on some recent reports. So, it seems there is a really big push for the character (at least Matt Ryan's version), as the CW Seed Constantine show is also dropping in a few days, IIRC. Various sites had the premiere date down as 24th March.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 04:52 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Matt Ryan as a regular? Hm. On the one hand, he'll bring up the quality of the show just by being present. On the other hand, there's no way he avoids the weird muck of illogical plot threads and needless angsty drama that follows every CW show. They're doing the right thing if they bring him on. But Constantine's mystique will undoubtedly take a hit. Here's hoping that if he's on board for S4, it's for one season only, to run a long con on some demon where he's puling the strings the entire time, and he leaves having pissed off everyone in the show, heroes and villains. That would be fitting, but it's not something we'll ever get.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Digi
Matt Ryan as a regular? Hm. On the one hand, he'll bring up the quality of the show just by being present. On the other hand, there's no way he avoids the weird muck of illogical plot threads and needless angsty drama that follows every CW show. They're doing the right thing if they bring him on. But Constantine's mystique will undoubtedly take a hit. Here's hoping that if he's on board for S4, it's for one season only, to run a long con on some demon where he's puling the strings the entire time, and he leaves having pissed off everyone in the show, heroes and villains. That would be fitting, but it's not something we'll ever get.

They're trying to "nice-up" this version of Constantine somewhat. Probably for more mass kids appeal, considering the animated show is coming and all that. I don't agree with it, but I can see the why for it.

Because he was actually a bit of a bastard in his show on NBC, like the time he emotionally manipulated a former colleague into letting themselves get devoured by a hunger demon in order to kill it. That was some cold shit.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 02:06 AM