KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They're trying to "nice-up" this version of Constantine somewhat. Probably for more mass kids appeal, considering the animated show is coming and all that. I don't agree with it, but I can see the why for it.

Because he was actually a bit of a bastard in his show on NBC, like the time he emotionally manipulated a former colleague into letting themselves get devoured by a hunger demon in order to kill it. That was some cold shit.

Right, but that's the character. It's why fans love John. Which is the worry with "cleaning him up." But w/e, Ryan's a good actor.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Digi
Right, but that's the character. It's why fans love John. Which is the worry with "cleaning him up." But w/e, Ryan's a good actor.

Yeah, he is supposed to be a scheming bastard, which is why I am also not exactly on board with the direction they seem to want to take him. But hey, we won't really know until we see more.

I admit, the teaser for the animated show did get me curious:

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 04:22 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

While I'm sure Constatine's show on its own had its appeal, for the CWverse I'm kind of in agreement that the character would be better off given to us in small doses.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 07:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

To me, the weakest part of his solo show was actually the supporting cast. Specifically Chas and Zed. Because most of the time the writers didn't actually seem to know what to do with them, so had to resort to John suffering from massive levels of PIS on a occasion in order for the other two to actually have something to do.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 03:11 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pricks killed off Stein...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

F*cking gumball. Best Dominator ever.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 02:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Young Obama was funny, even did a good job of sounding like him too.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:21 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was cheering for Grodd.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^You'd support an ape over a black man? I don't even know where to begin to pick apart the racism in that comment.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol

I was just thinking how Surter would not of liked the episode, but I had fun with it.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 06:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They ****ing shrunk Grodd

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 07:30 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I was just thinking how Surter would not of liked the episode, but I had fun with it.

It managed to be Anti-Trump without being directly Anti-Trump. Except for Sarah's 'I miss you' comment.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 09:08 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I try to tune out the political crap at this point. I liked the episode overall. What bugged me was the powers-related PIS, of which there was a huge amount. Rory has the fire totem, has shown he can fire blasts, fireballs, or even just generate heat... Goes back to the heat gun, which can just do one of the three. In contrast, other people grab totems for the final battle and forget they have other gear/abilities (I am looking at you, Nate and Ray).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 01:51 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been wondering if they just forgot about Nate's hemophilia. The steel hard skin protected him from cuts, it wasn't supposed to cure him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 12:54 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Actually, the serum they injected him with did cure him of that IIRC. He mentions it during the Feudal Japan episode in S2 (where the one warlord gets his hands on Ray's ATOM suit) after getting stabbed by the one guy and then actually healing pretty quickly from it.

So, it's not like Jax's knee, which they did make a big deal about initially, never actually cured, but just forgot about, except for one time when he had to run a bit for plot.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 02:15 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Have to admit, Mallus looked cooler than I thought he'd be for a demon. Fun finale that was. Am mixed on [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the sendoff they gave to Rip though, but I guess they couldn't think of much else to do with him at that point, making him an outcast among outcasts and all.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:42 AM
tkitna

That was the most retarded episode of any TV show, I have ever seen.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 12:55 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sounds like someone needs a hug from Beebo.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 01:56 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Why were they all wearing shirts and hats, etc on Aruba though? It's Aruba!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 04:05 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Bebo fight is the greatest CW moment I’ve ever seen

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:56 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote