KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

I understand 1070 is far superior. However, I was confused why you would only be hitting 30 FPS as I assumed (wrongly I guess) that you would have lowered your settings. Personally, I think it's silly to not lower your settings to get a higher FPS but do whatever you want I suppose.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 06:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Ram and CPU also affect a games performance besides the graphics card.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 06:36 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You must be running it at close to max to be having trouble on a 1050ti. Those cards aren't bad at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 06:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Nothing wrong with having to knock the settings down to make the game run better.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 02:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Ram and CPU also affect a games performance besides the graphics card.
(please log in to view the image)

Maybe this should help a bit, maybe its the RAM or something.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 03:04 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hmm. 8GB should be more than enough. Your processor isn't bad either. Are you having issues low performance in other games? If so I'd check to see if your primary display adaptor is set to the 1050 as opposed to the Intel Graphics just in case.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 06:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Maybe this should help a bit, maybe its the RAM or something.

Here is my system

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 gb of ram is like the minimum to run games decent but 16 woul be better of coarse to try to run games more smoothly and at higher graphics settings.
Also a 1050 TI is also just ok, not great.

Your CPU is good.
SSD's help as well but more with starting the game up quickly.

But with your system I would run games at medium at best. Games at medium still look good and better or equal to most PS4 and Xbox One X games.

Look at this article.

https://gamerant.com/anthem-pc-xbox...ics-comparison/

Compares Anthem for PC and Xbox One X.

"Digital Foundry took the time to compare how Anthem runs on Xbox One X with its PC counterpart. Its performance analysis establishes where the Xbox One X falls in the tier of PC settings, showing that the console runs around the PC’s “Medium” settings across the board."

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 26th, 2019 at 06:28 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 06:23 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oo00h, Mister Fancypants here with his 1080.

Lucky bastard. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 06:37 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by -Pr-
Oo00h, Mister Fancypants here with his 1080.

Lucky bastard. stick out tongue

Now that the 2080 is out, every day ive been feeling more and more like if I have a 2 inch penis with my 1080. So its not all dandelions and roses. sad

Might have to upgrade in the near future. thumb up

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 26th, 2019 at 06:52 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 06:41 AM
Jmanghan

Hmm. 8GB should be more than enough. Your processor isn't bad either. Are you having issues low performance in other games? If so I'd check to see if your primary display adaptor is set to the 1050 as opposed to the Intel Graphics just in case.
I have problems with nearly every game, GTA V especially, game lags and then crashes my entire computer every single time I ever try to play it, Ark Survival Evolved, Yakuza 0, DOOM, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Conan Exiles, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, Dying Light, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, Absolver, For Honor, and more.

Dragon's Dogma if I end up leaving it on my lap for a prolonged period of time and it heats up (I play on a laptop).

Those are the more significant ones that I have trouble with.

Shadow of Mordor in particular came out of nowhere and lag never changes no matter what settings i put it on. I think it may come down to hardware failure what with it every game reacting the same. (but there are certain games that do not lag at all).

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 06:58 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

- I forgot to mention that you should always make sure you have your graphics drivers updated. As well as any other drivers and updates for your system.
- Dont run anything in the background while gaming. This includes internet browsers
- You are playing on a laptop so a laptop cooler is pretty much necessary, because when laptops get too hot the cpu and gpu throttle down in speed. Making games run slower than normal.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 26th, 2019 at 07:08 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Now that the 2080 is out, every day ive been feeling more and more like if I have a 2 inch penis with my 1080. So its not all dandelions and roses. sad

Might have to upgrade in the near future. thumb up

RTX is overrated. Don't do it!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have problems with nearly every game, GTA V especially, game lags and then crashes my entire computer every single time I ever try to play it, Ark Survival Evolved, Yakuza 0, DOOM, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Conan Exiles, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, Dying Light, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, Absolver, For Honor, and more.

Dragon's Dogma if I end up leaving it on my lap for a prolonged period of time and it heats up (I play on a laptop).

Those are the more significant ones that I have trouble with.

Shadow of Mordor in particular came out of nowhere and lag never changes no matter what settings i put it on. I think it may come down to hardware failure what with it every game reacting the same. (but there are certain games that do not lag at all).

Even on reasonable settings, you should be able to get higher framerates than 30 on a bunch of those games. Sure, a 1050ti won't run everything at max either, but those games should at least be playable.

While I don't think 16GB of RAM is necessary for all of those games, it couldn't hurt to upgrade (like Inhuman said), but honestly, it sounds like something else is going on.

Honestly, I'd have a tech look at it for you, if I were you.

- I forgot to mention that you should always make sure you have your graphics drivers updated. As well as any other drivers and updates for your system.
- Dont run anything in the background while gaming. This includes internet browsers
- You are playing on a laptop so a laptop cooler is pretty much necessary, because when laptops get too hot the cpu and gpu throttle down in speed. Making games run slower than normal.

A cooler is a good idea, definitely. And that other stuff obviously.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:11 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

RTX is overrated. Don't do it!

Ive heard.
Might have to wait until next gen. 1080 still good to run any game at max. Im in no rush i guess.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 07:14 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

GTA V never works well for me. And there's YouTube vids of it running just fine in systems inferior to my own.

From what I hear, it got progressively worse with every update, until people with high end rigs started complaining.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 03:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Chivalry: Medievil Warfare is today's Steam's deal....85% off.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2019 09:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just found out the first three Ace Attorney games are bundled on IOS for 12 dollars.

Sounds inexpensive enough. But, are they any good?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2019 11:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Just found out the first three Ace Attorney games are bundled on IOS for 12 dollars.

Sounds inexpensive enough. But, are they any good?
Ace Attorney games are fantastic.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 12:23 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://watabou.itch.io/myst

Guy that made Pixel Dungeon did this for a competition. Nice little game that browser loads fine on my Samsung phone.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 04:20 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was looking into a PlayStation TV, and the damned things are over 100 dollars. Ridiculous.

Vita's are even worse. I miss the days when old technology was 5 dollars, like that junk that it is. Old Atari and Nintendo carts were 10 cents.

Now nothing gaming related is cheaper then 50 dollars, used, and often more. And it never goes down to pre-boom prices. Just like comic books, trading cards,
Lego's, it's ridiculous.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 05:09 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Was looking into a PlayStation TV, and the damned things are over 100 dollars. Ridiculous.

Vita's are even worse. I miss the days when old technology was 5 dollars, like that junk that it is. Old Atari and Nintendo carts were 10 cents.

Now nothing gaming related is cheaper then 50 dollars, used, and often more. And it never goes down to pre-boom prices. Just like comic books, trading cards,
Lego's, it's ridiculous.
You can get a dreamcast from Gamestop sites that are SUPER cheap.

I feel that I'm really lucky I bought a PS TV when they were still sellin em, as short as that single year was, I got mine for $30 brand new.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 10:42 PM