KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Steamworld dig 2 is currently free on Steam & GOG for the next 24 hours.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 02:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is free on the Uplay store until the 25th.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2021 06:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Well, Black Friday/Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday sales and such are in full swing....so I guess now is the time to buy up stuff on your back catalogue.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2021 10:22 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really bad sales. 30% off. And not many games I want, I can just fire up free copies of Control, Hitman, or Nioh Complete Edition on the Epic Game Store.

Salt and Sanctuary interests me enough to consider it, in spite of the 15.99 price tag. But tbh the game doesn't look that good for that price.

I mean, why not just play Symphony of the Night?

Besides, I splurged already on Disco Elysium. Probably ended up missing out on an even better holiday sale, but no regrets.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2021 04:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean, Cuphead is about 14 dollars on Steam!

That's the kind of pathetic sale I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure I paid 7 bucks on Gog years ago.

Online vendors are getting greedy, or maybe Steam is demanding too large of a cut. Whatever it is, I'm not seeing the 10 dollar or less sales I normally look for.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2021 04:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Steam offers much better deals than other platforms from time-to-time. These offers are often detached from much-advertised sales events.

In the Autumn Sale, one of the games on my Wishlist was offered at a throw-away price. I bought it with 2 more of the same franchise. smile

Old Post Nov 28th, 2021 05:44 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

Salt and Sanctuary interests me enough to consider it, in spite of the 15.99 price tag. But tbh the game doesn't look that good for that price.

I mean, why not just play Symphony of the Night?

Having played both, I think they're different experiences.

In the same way that I feel like "Soulslike" is overused, I think the Metroidvania label gets thrown around way too much. Salt and Sanctuary has Metroidvania elements, but you honestly wouldn't feel it much while playing.

Salt and Sanctuary is a Soulslike, first and foremost, and that's where the main draw is to me.

But then again, some folks these days call Dark Souls a Metroidvania too. It always felt like it borrowed more from Rogue to me but try telling that to certain folks on Reddit...

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 28th, 2021 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2021 07:38 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Salt & Sanctuary's level design is -Chef's kiss-, amazing.

The combat is also incredibly fun, if you can get over the Newgroundsy art-style, you're in for a treat.

For pure moment-to-moment gameplay I actually find myself enjoying the PVP more in S&S than in Souls Remastered. I don't recall them ever adding online play in though, which is a massive shame.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 28th, 2021 11:24 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

75% OFF!! eek!

4.99! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Instant buy.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2021 02:08 AM
StyleTime

Thinking about grabbing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. 30% off right now. I think it's silly that it's Switch only, but I have a Switch so I guess it doesn't affect me much.

And Contra: Rogue Corps is on sale for 90% off. I might grab it. It seems it diverges massively from previous Contra titles though, which is partially why it was poorly received. Still seems like it could be fun enough of you treat it like it a different series. I played the demo and it seemed like it could be a good time, especially with friends.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 30th, 2021 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2021 09:49 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

PC version of Contra has negative reviews of a bad port.

Might be a good time to pick up Shovel Knight Treasure Trove at 21 dollars. I paid about 20 when I got it.

Still not sure if a Steam reviewer is right about YCG being ripoff artists though. Essentially they jacked up the price from 15 dollars for new dlc, except that dlc was already paid for by stretch goals. Which means they were double dipping.

The complainer was a backer, who got the game already and some other perks, so he had nothing to gain, he was genuinely upset future gamers had to pay more for no good reason than initial buyers did.

But I already bought the game and enjoy the heck out of it, and it really is worth the asking price on the current sale, so your call.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2021 02:52 AM
StyleTime

PC version of Contra has negative reviews of a bad port.

Apparently, the PC version doesn't support mouse and keyboard either.

Wtf were they thinking?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2021 03:08 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't even use Joy2Key, nothing to bind. laughing out loud

Joy2Key with the 16x keypress sensitivity is sometimes a better option than native gamepad support, almost no input lag.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 02:06 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get Prison Architect asap, rumor has it the current "mystery game" will replace it.

In about five hours and counting.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2021 08:01 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

South Park Fractured But Whole on sale, "Why haven't I gotten this yet??"

*Must accept 5 PC a day drm and Ubisoft account*

"Oh, that's why".

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2021 01:46 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Discovery of Genshin Impact mobile may convince me to finally play this.

Already downloaded, just need to create an account and give it a go.

What's everyone elses opinion of the game?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2021 07:10 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh and Vampyr is todays Epic Games 24 hour giveaway.

Will probably give it a whirl later if I don't get caught up in Remnant From the Ashes (Don't know why everyone says this is too easy, I must have died six times now in the first campaign dungeon alone. Darned sword elite and flash mobs)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2021 07:57 PM
StyleTime

The folks saying that about Remnant are likely lying tbh. It's not the hardest game in the universe but calling it easy is absurd.

Genshin Impact has a lot going for it, which is part of why it's one of the highest grossing games out there.

I wasn't able to stick with it though. I'm more a Honkai Impact kind of guy. I've spent more money on Honkai Impact than I care to admit. embarrasment

And will probably drop more when Honkai Impact 4 arrives.

Last edited by StyleTime on Dec 24th, 2021 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2021 08:17 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Will probably give it a whirl later if I don't get caught up in Remnant From the Ashes (Don't know why everyone says this is too easy, I must have died six times now in the first campaign dungeon alone. Darned sword elite and flash mobs)

There's also a prequel to Remnant, Chronos: Before the Ashes.

it doesn't have guns like Remnant, Originally it was a VR game but then the devs overhauled and released it for the PC and consoles.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2021 02:32 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
The folks saying that about Remnant are likely lying tbh. It's not the hardest game in the universe but calling it easy is absurd.

Genshin Impact has a lot going for it, which is part of why it's one of the highest grossing games out there.

I wasn't able to stick with it though. I'm more a Honkai Impact kind of guy. I've spent more money on Honkai Impact than I care to admit. embarrasment

And will probably drop more when Honkai Impact 4 arrives.

Wow, HI looks right up my ally!

Fight'n'rage is another one I've been looking at. Held off on the suspicion it's a glorified Openbor game (And there are plenty of those for free)

Ever play it? Does it live up to the hype?

How does it compare to SoR4 or Dragons Crown?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2021 02:45 PM