KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 338 339 [340] 341 342 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Amazing

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 06:31 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are all fake fans besides me and carver.smile

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:17 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
No it wasn't.

Yes it was.

Last edited by Inedian on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 08:06 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not convinced Carver even watch's Super.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 08:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL, why?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 08:30 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What does it make Super, then? stick out tongue

Better than GT, but still not very good.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 08:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Inedian
Yes it was.

thumb up

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Better than GT, but still not very good.

Too many episodes wasted on a poor parody of BoG and Rof movies, inferior art, stupid transformations, giving the fans middle finger all the time... nah, GT was better. IMO.

The only thing that can save the series is Vegeta literally shitting down Goku's throat.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Too many episodes wasted on a poor parody of BoG and Rof movies, inferior art, stupid transformations, giving the fans middle finger all the time... nah, GT was better. IMO.

The only thing that can save the series is Vegeta literally shitting down Goku's throat.

Not denying the wasteful retelling arcs of the two movies, but not like GT had a great paced start itself. The misadventures on planet M2 or whatever, was tough to sit through. It wasn't until Baby that things started to pick up but even then...

The art and transformations is a mixed bag. I've been liking the latter minus Goku Blue, but giving the middle finger to fans all the time? That's more GT where everyone but Goku's concerned. At least Super has given some due fanservice to every Z-fighter now minus Tien (I can live with a changed power level system if that's what it takes). Poor Vegeta in GT couldn't even transform to SSJ4 without some silly machine. Hell, GT didn't even make real use of Uub after all the buildup. For all of Super's flaws, there's still more gripes I can list for GT, personally. Some of the other universe fighters are also more fun and likable than say, Super 17 or those stupid Shadow Dragons.

With the nostalgia you obviously have for GT, can tell we're not gonna agree. Neither successor to Z is particularly great, but Super's still the lesser of the two evils IMO.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 11:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

What does it make Super, then? stick out tongue
The OST. THat's the one thing I legitimately love about this show. The soundtrack is very good!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:34 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

DBS is great, besides some of the bad fillers, which DB, Z and GT had, its a solid show, I hope they do 3000 episodes or never stop making them.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Sable

"True fan" or fake fans in the context most like you use it is for people you don't agree with, so you use such labels to try and put them down when you don't have any arguments to make against them. smile

I still buy things related to Dragon Ball, mostly video games now like DB Fighterz which I'm definitely gonna get, along with maybe another Xenoverse someday, but anyone whose dedicated enough to keep up with Super despite some of its troublesome writing is pretty much by definition a real fan by default. Don't like what anyone has to say about DBS other than maybe Carver? Deal with it.

Also, I am kinda excited for Goku vs Jiren, make no mistake, though mainly because it looks like it'll be one of the only parts of the tournament they'll put that much effort into.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:13 AM
carver9

DBS is great, besides some of the bad fillers, which DB, Z and GT had, its a solid show, I hope they do 3000 episodes or never stop making them.

Everyone here enjoys Super which is the reason they have watched every single episode. I just think most are following the crowd. I don't know who is the popular one in the group that is making EVERYONE follow him but he's doing a half a** job because every single one of these guys are watching every episode religiously.

This is what people do when they don't think a show is amazing. When the show come on, they either don't change on the channel, turn the TV off or find something better to watch. What these peeps do is every Saturday, every single freaking Saturday, they religiously change it on crunchy role or whatever website they are using and watch DBS in amazement. They then come to KMC, wait for one person to say something negative (even though they liked the episode) and when someone steps up to the plate, that's when it begins. I watched one episode of Law and Order and I couldn't stand it so I stopped watching it. I watched one episode of DBS and fell in love and kept watching it. This is what normal people do. Abnormal people continue watching a show they can't stand.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:21 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That might be true for maybe one person here, but I've enjoyed Super enough to keep watching despite some asanine episodes or writing moments which even Z had, filler or not.

It still simply amazes me how there's no in between for some fans. You can like and watch something without thinking it's shit or one of the greatest things ever. It's not abnormal.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:42 AM
carver9

Which is the reason I brought up enjoying the show.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:21 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by carver9
Everyone here enjoys Super which is the reason they have watched every single episode. I just think most are following the crowd. I don't know who is the popular one in the group that is making EVERYONE follow him but he's doing a half a** job because every single one of these guys are watching every episode religiously.
laughing I don't think anyone is following anyone. I've said bad things about the show, but I also have said I love the manga. The shows watchable, but it's not without it's very big flaws.

I didn't watch GT cause it sucked terrible.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:36 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Hey I like Super sad

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:59 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Alright, massive spoilers ahead. Things are starting to get really insane.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Alright, so Jiren wins the fight with Limit Breaker Goku, according to Episode 111 spoilers. HOWEVER, it says immediately before going down, Goku awakens a new power called "Mastery of Self-Movement," where his body reacts on its own. Mastery of Self-Movement, the thing that Whis was talking about. The thing that Beerus doesn't have. Once Goku heals from his injuries, he may well be above Beerus. And even then, he'll barely beat Jiren, if at all.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:27 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Def not reading that

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:33 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I honestly suggest to everyone to not read the spoilers.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:37 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote