KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 592 593 [594] 595 596 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
I mean, Gokou is always training with Whis so what would change? haha
I'll be interested to see if Whis can still clown him as effortlessly as before.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 04:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Yes, he can. As much of a non-threat that Beerus saw him and Moro, not much has changed except that it would probably be hard to tag team with Vegeta now.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2021 02:31 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Gokou needs to stop taking his new fighting lessons from Naruto.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2021 03:13 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

It will be awesome if Vegeta starts actually 'training' under Beerus instead of doing what he basically always does and trains alone while Gokou trains with someone.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 02:51 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The obvious question:

Why didn't we see this super move during the GoD tournament, nor hear mention of it?

Beerus claims Vegeta could surpass Goku.

Because his technique is stronger? Or at least comparable?

Does this mean there are Gods of Destruction who surpassed Angels?

Or does he only mean the initiates, like Merus.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2021 07:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
The obvious question:

Why didn't we see this super move during the GoD tournament, nor hear mention of it?

Beerus claims Vegeta could surpass Goku.

Because his technique is stronger? Or at least comparable?

Does this mean there are Gods of Destruction who surpassed Angels?

Or does he only mean the initiates, like Merus.
The obvious answer:
This super-duper technique of the GoDs hadn't been thought of back then... But it has always been clear that Toyo/Tori still want Beerus's power to be in the upper-echelons, so this is evidently how they're going to make it happen.

I think it will basically be the GoD equivalent of UI: a technique that massively amps their stats across the board, but *possibly* makes them go into full berserker mode if they aren't careful(which could explain why we've never seen it used before.)

Doubt this technique would put Beerus above the likes of Whis, but it's getting more and more logical to assume that it puts him above some of the lower-level Angels, for sure.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 23rd, 2021 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 05:35 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would be interesting if Vegeta did launch past Goku for a time.

If Beerus wants ton"get back" at Goku, training up his rival to surpass him is the way to do it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 06:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Come to think of it, that sounds too close to LSSJ form.

I guess its possible, like Removal and Advance from Kenhan Ashura.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2021 07:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Would be interesting if Vegeta did launch past Goku for a time.

If Beerus wants ton"get back" at Goku, training up his rival to surpass him is the way to do it.
Will actually be kind of interesting to see Beerus in the role of "master".

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 01:14 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Getting into Fighter Z. Actually really fun just playing in Arcade Mode.

SSJ Goku, Krillin, and Yamcha at the moment. I have no idea what I'm doing, I just like the characters.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 03:41 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Astner
(please log in to view the image)

Did he actually say this? This line is great.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 02:21 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't really like how Vegeta is willing to abandon his Saiyan forms though. Goku, I can see ditching his heritage to learn an outside technique like UI, but Vegeta is supposed to be the epitome of Saiyan pride. He should be striving for uniquely Saiyan strengths, like a new Super Saiyan form.

Essentially, with Ultra Instinct and whatever Vegeta learns from Beerus, Super Saiyan becomes irrelevant.

This is why Toriyama is kind of a shit writer, abandoning a long standing tradition of the series for the latest plot device.

I guess that means Broly is the last torchbearer of the Super Saiyan mantle.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 03:25 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Until Gokou goes Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct mode.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 08:06 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Don't really like how Vegeta is willing to abandon his Saiyan forms though. Goku, I can see ditching his heritage to learn an outside technique like UI, but Vegeta is supposed to be the epitome of Saiyan pride. He should be striving for uniquely Saiyan strengths, like a new Super Saiyan form.

Essentially, with Ultra Instinct and whatever Vegeta learns from Beerus, Super Saiyan becomes irrelevant.

This is why Toriyama is kind of a shit writer, abandoning a long standing tradition of the series for the latest plot device.

Vegeta was never proud of anything worth being proud of, now he just stopped being a racist/specist idiot.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 10:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Vegeta was never proud of anything worth being proud of, now he just stopped being a racist/specist idiot.

Hah, maybe.

I like how Beerus seems to totally get where Vegeta is coming from. Always gives him a hard time, but I think deep down he's kind of rooting for him.

That, or he just hates Goku more then he hates Vegeta.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 10:36 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

I think he really hates Gokou. It's just Whis doesn't. And we know who is really in charge, its Whis.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 12:47 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

I'm just enjoying the cool parts that come along, there HAVE been some cool elements to the whole ssgod thing....but I still think them doubling down on the whole SSG, Beerus, Whis and the angels was a mistake and that beerus and whis should have left after Battle of Gods. The power levels are so absurd now...even a Super Saiyan blue is so obscenely powerful compared to anything seen in Z. It feels like they crammed 5 arcs worth of power creep in basically 1 arc. Now they gotta give villains the power ups and ridiculous plot armor to catch up to the heroes instead of vice versa lol I'm sorry, Frieza getting powerful enough to catch up to a SS blue...just because he did some training...is horseshit. Why doesn't he just train for a year...and become a goddamn angel? The power is cool to see but it just feels like there's no specific reason WHY the power levels have to be this high this soon.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 01:06 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's hilarious how the best non dlc characters in Dragon Ball Fighter Z are BASE form Goku and Vegeta. Blue forms are considered a step down.

Wanna bet that wasn't an accident, with the devs having some fun with it?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 03:21 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ackshually, base form Goku and Vegeta were DLC, assuming youre referring to Saiyan saga Goku and Vegeta. SSJ Goku and Vegeta were base roster though, but kinda prefer Blue over them personally, tho depends on the team I have set up.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 05:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote