KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)

Resident Evil 2 remake (2019)
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Looks like they're making Mission B from the original release the main game.

Pretty sure the game will still be split into two campaigns, one for Leon and one for Claire.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 03:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Posting this again so nobody misses it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 03:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Pretty sure the game will still be split into two campaigns, one for Leon and one for Claire.

Yeah and the original release had missions A & B for both character's.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 03:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That was fking phenomenal. Thank god RE delivered.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 04:17 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Here's the second trailer that shows a bit of the gameplay.

It's definitely OTS. Also it looks like my suspicion was correct and there's not gonna be an aiming reticle. I actually like that.

Part of me still can't believe this is happening. Two years ago Capcom said it's happening but they were quiet for so long after, hope here was dwindling. So happy to finally see another REmake.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 12th, 2018 at 06:30 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 06:20 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Guess we should've seen this style of gameplay happen. If you go back to the first page of this thread, you'll find at the bottom a post I made two years ago about a dev group that was making a fan project of RE2 that Capcom shut down but took those guys in discussing their work. This is that very same fan project but backed with a AAA budget. Those guys must've had a heart attack their version became the official one. Congratulations are in order.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 12th, 2018 at 02:14 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:05 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

It being OTS is pretty disappointing, was hoping more for something along the lines of REmake, but it looks like they'll be completely redesigning the layout of the game and its contents, so hopefully they'll be able to pull off a more horror feel, rather then just feeling like RE6.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 06:27 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It being OTS is pretty disappointing, was hoping more for something along the lines of REmake, but it looks like they'll be completely redesigning the layout of the game and its contents, so hopefully they'll be able to pull off a more horror feel, rather then just feeling like RE6.

It is disappointing but if they can pull off a first person game like RE7 and still keep it scary, I'm sure they won't screw up an OTS RE2.

Would be nice though if in some future RE spin-off, the fixed camera and tank controls made a comeback. At the very least they could try something like that.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 12th, 2018 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 06:47 PM
KCJ506

TBH, I'm fine with OTS as long as they don't make it seem more like Call Of Duty.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 09:28 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I hope it doesn't feel like RE6.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 10:23 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I hope it doesn't feel like RE6.

That's my worry too. OTS is fine, but RE2, even as action packed as it was, was still one of the more "horrory" games in the series. I hope they maintain that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 10:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The gameplay looks tight. I like it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 11:15 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Looks good. Did not know that RE 2 is the highest selling of the series. It's one of my favs.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 12:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

More gameplay~

I seriously hope there's an option to remove the crosshair when you aim. For a game like this, I want nothing to help with the aiming so it adds to the horror.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 12:26 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

It looks good enough for me to be at least hopeful, if they're going to go the route of a reimagining, I want them to take full advantage of that.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 03:36 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Nemesis X
More gameplay~

I seriously hope there's an option to remove the crosshair when you aim. For a game like this, I want nothing to help with the aiming so it adds to the horror.

How much they compared it to 7 and even mentioned that they want it to be more horror than action is really encouraging to hear, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 05:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Available on Xbox one too,great

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 06:52 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

God the gameplay looks so damn tight. This may now be my most anticipated game from E3. It’s up there with Spider-Man and Death Stranding anyways.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 07:35 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 11:36 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Lol @ the leaks then thumb up

Thank god for RDR2 in October, it'll keep me busy until this drops.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 04:25 PM