KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supernatural Season 11

Supernatural Season 11
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The premise certainly sounds like some stuff Gabriel would do.

Though am I the only one who is curious to see an actual trickster? We know they aren't actually as powerful as Gabriel, but we also know they do exist.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 06:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

They do?

Pretty sure Gabriel was the original Loki.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 06:42 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
They do?

Pretty sure Gabriel was the original Loki.

Yeah, you're right in terms of Gabriel being Loki. All the Pagan Gods still refer to him as such, thinking he is one of them, during the episode Lucifer decides to clean house a bit. So either he created the alias of Loki while hiding, or he killed the real Loki and took his title. But if the latter is the case, he has been Loki for so long that it doesn't make any real difference IMO in anyways.

But based on Castiel's comments I think it was, there are also supernatural beings called "tricksters" who posses some low level reality warping powers. They initially thought Gabriel was one of them, but then realised he is far too powerful to actually be one.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 03:39 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gabriel was the original Loki, but it was never said Loki was the original or only trickster. I'm not even sure if he was the original Loki. He could of just as easily of killed him and taken his place.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 10:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Gabriel didn't seem like the kind of guy to just kill Loki and take his place. Also, the other gods would know if Gabriel killed Loki and took his place, his vessel wouldn't look the same.

There isn't actually a race of tricksters, it would just be other mythological beings or gods that are tricksters like Loki/Gabriel. Also, pretty sure Bobby thought he was a trickster, Castiel wasn't introduced until like 2 seasons later. Iirc, Gabriel made up the info about tricksters and how to kill them.

Last edited by Mindset on Nov 29th, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 11:23 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

You are right on the Bobby thing. It was actually Bobby with them during both the original encounters with Gabriel. He is the one who tells them about tricksters originally, and then is with Sam, hunting Gabriel, during the Dean death-loop episode.

I mixed him up with Castiel, because he is the one in the episode when they discover Gabriel's true nature. And he is the one who basically confirms tricksters are real. It's during that TV show episode, where Gabriel traps them into all the different programs. Castiel still remarks something along the lines of "Something is not right. This thing is much more powerful than it should be." To which Dean responds "What thing? The trickster?", and Castiel replies "If it even is a trickster."

So based on what Castiel said, there are actual tricksters, but they aren't anywhere close to as powerful as Gabriel is.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 03:19 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

He could have been talking about one of the many trickster deities.

There's not an actual race of tricksters.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 03:46 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Tricksters are described as "demigods" in anyways, and supposedly all share similar powers, so by their very definition they are a group of divine beings. I personally see "tricksters" as being a kind of a subcategory to classify a certain group of gods/demigods, from various pantheons, who share similar powers, characteristics and weaknesses. So I think it is a bit more complicated than just a simple yes or no answer, but that is just my personal take on the matter.

Also, don't think anyone here other than you used the word "race". We are simply saying that there are other beings out there who hold the title "trickster" as well, based on the comments and info in the show.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 30th, 2015 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 04:18 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

hahaha! 'Drop Dead Fred' reference in this last episode.

we fckin loved that movie when we were kids.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 09:23 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tricksters are described as "demigods" in anyways, and supposedly all share similar powers, so by their very definition they are a group of divine beings. I personally see "tricksters" as being a kind of a subcategory to classify a certain group of gods/demigods, from various pantheons, who share similar powers, characteristics and weaknesses... We are simply saying that there are other beings out there who hold the title "trickster" as well, based on the comments and info in the show.

There are many tricksters from all over the world according to folklore and mythology. The most famous in modern society is probably Loki from Norse mythology, but in West Africa Anansi is just as famous, while Coyote is probably best known in the US as he is part of native American culture.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 12:21 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was never anything that said Gabriel made up the Tricksters. I suppose he could of..or he could of just co-opted their identity. He says he was in "witness protection" and all that, but he never says he made up the entire thing about Tricksters.

Castiel flat out says he is too powerful for a trickster, NOT that tricksters don't exist. So Castiel saying it the way he said it makes utterly zero sense if Tricksters don't exist outside of Gabriel.

It's also silly to say the other gods would know if Gabriel killed the real Loki and took his place. His entire thing is tricking people. They also didn't even know he was an angel until very recently, and he STILL ended up tricking them again after they knew what he was. You are talking about vessels that look the same but gods don't use vessels, they aren't possessing bodies like angels and demons. Gabriel can look however he chooses to look.

This also assumes he took on the guise of Loki only after the gods had met the possibly original. But why? Kali said there were billions, it's not like they all know each other. This could of been a group of gods he befriended after going into witness protection.

Or hell if you want to take another potential scenario: Gabriel can make people out of thin air and overall warp reality. It's possible he took on the guise of the Trickster and then actually created a few actual tricksters himself. Less powerful then he is and with specific weaknesses..all to sell the fact tricksters were a thing.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 5th, 2015 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 03:40 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways I liked this latest episode. The character of "Sully" actually grew on me, I'm not sure why. But I was glad he wasn't shanked by the girl.

Though just one thing, the girl said she found a witch who gave her the spell to see the Xana, the witch also told her they were good beings, but then also gives her a special knife in which to kill them?

The episode also hammers in just how terrible of a father John Winchester truly was. Come on now, first you leave your 9 yr. old kid alone..then you invite him to come hunt monsters with you. Being upset over his wife's death doesn't excuse crazy ass behavior like that. Why does everyone act like he was a good man?!

It just reminds me of that episode with the Striga where it was revealed it attacked Sam as a kid. In a flashback you see John getting upset at Dean for not protecting Sam. WTF you left your damn kids alone to go fight monsters, blame yourself dickbag. The guy couldn't even get them Christmas presents.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 6th, 2015 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 02:35 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

The Winchesters are essentially a military family. John was off to war (hunting), and when Dean was of age, he enlisted as well. Eventually Sam's time came, but he grew up with his Dad off fighting a war. Doesn't make John a bad father, but he was an absent father. Saving people from monsters came first.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 03:04 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But they weren't really given a choice. That goes beyond just being absent. Sam was 9 when we see him being called to help, that is "of age" ? You can't join the military at age 9.

This is like if your dad was fighting in World War 2 against the nazi's and you were 9 and he decided to enlist you and bring you along.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 11:52 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Have the writers like forgotten Michael/Adam was locked in the cage with Lucifer? Like really where is Adam?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 05:33 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I still wanna know what happened to Crowley's mom.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 06:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
There are many tricksters from all over the world according to folklore and mythology. The most famous in modern society is probably Loki from Norse mythology, but in West Africa Anansi is just as famous, while Coyote is probably best known in the US as he is part of native American culture.

Yeah, Anansi is specifically mentioned in the Supernatural lore as well. But that's the point. We know of at least one other named trickster that exists. And the fact that Castiel also uses "trickster" specifically shows that the term is considered to be some form of classification.

Originally posted by Kento
Have the writers like forgotten Michael/Adam was locked in the cage with Lucifer? Like really where is Adam?

Yeah, and Lucifer was using Sam as his vessel to boot IIRC. So not sure how Lucifer, in his old vessel, ended up in the cage, seemingly alone.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 04:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kento

For me I just get the feeling Michael and Lucifer were put in different cages...somehow.

Though it was kind of awesome seeing Amara smite people. She is kind of right, God doesn't give a shit.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 10:18 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, and Lucifer was using Sam as his vessel to boot IIRC. So not sure how Lucifer, in his old vessel, ended up in the cage, seemingly alone.
I think the form he has is just a, way to see him. Cause he said if he got out he would need a vessel or he'd be all smoke up top.
Originally posted by Surtur
For me I just get the feeling Michael and Lucifer were put in different cages...somehow.

Though it was kind of awesome seeing Amara smite people. She is kind of right, God doesn't give a shit.
They kind of jumped in together. There wasn't suppose to be a cage in the final battle to destroy the planet between Michael and Lucifer. The Winchesters got that up and going.

Chuck didn't even care when the Apocalypse was happening. Except in saving Dean and Sam at times. And putting Castiel back together. If Amara wants his attention she just needs to start smiting Cas, and Sam.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 10:41 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I actually have a bit more respect for Sam after basically giving Lucifer the finger. Though Lucifer was 100% right about what he said with regards to Sam and Dean. Also, Castiel is an idiot.

And I find the whole "Michael went crazy due to prison" thing a bit dumb. God's first Archangel, most likely been alive for billions of years, led God's forces in his absence etc... given his age, his time in the Cage should have been a proverbial eye blink, and certainly not long enough to totally drive him off the deep end.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 05:50 PM