KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Boku No Hero Academia / My Hero Academia

Boku No Hero Academia / My Hero Academia
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

So, uhhhh.....Minoru Mineta... He just wants to become successful to get women and touch boobs.

He's a young Master Roshi. smile

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 07:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

He kinda is, yea.

And I can't really see him be a real elite hero, but I can picture him capturing lots of low and mid level villains.

Midnight's a good match for him- they both have disabling powers. Hers is quite good.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 10:54 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Anyone else find the villain creepier when he *isn't* wearing severed hands?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 12:22 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Hah! New chapter out.

I reeeally like this class B guy smile

"Oh look, 5 failed from the superior class A, while only one failed from class B! I couldn't imagine how that must make you feel!"
-Said while clearly being said class B failure.

"I'd really like to know what goes on inside that guy's head."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 04:54 AM
Q99

Deku finally going all-out on an actual villain!... and taking bone damage again. That kid's skeleton.... though unsurprisingly, he's used to fighting through it now.

And who's arm is that?? Shouji's maybe, since he has extra...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 03:13 AM
vansonbee
Isee

Anyone thinking Ragdoll is the spy for the villains? Her link to the telepathic cat girl was not on. What her ability anyways?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 09:56 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vansonbee
Anyone thinking Ragdoll is the spy for the villains? Her link to the telepathic cat girl was not on. What her ability anyways?

Her ability is to observe and monitor people, sensing their location and weak points.

This is apparently a team that's existed for quite awhile so... it's not my thought, but then again, *somehow* the villains knew they were there. Though there is simply the possibility they hit her first because she, combined with the telepath, is so useful in coordinating.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 10:20 AM
Q99

Yee-ouch, does that look painful!

I'd have thought the first punch would've done it, but this foe is *strong*.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 02:14 PM
ares834

Anime has started up and it's been pretty enjoyable so far. I'd recommend checking it out.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 05:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I like how much the pro heroes just *wreck* when they hit the scene.... they aren't just a bit better than the students, they're pro for a reason.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 02:59 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seeing it on Crunchyroll (Those ads though.. I don't mind them, but when they take 5 minutes just to cycle up on an Xbox, that's pretty much discouraging people away from NOT pirate-streaming..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 03:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess with a season down, I don't need to use spoiler tags.

So, I'm five episodes in, and like the premise. It's kind of a mash-up of the Rock Lee/Gai Sensei subplot in a Normalman style world.

All Might's power raises some questions:

1. HTH did he ever discover his quirk? What, did the original quirk bearer see someone who had a hair eating fetish? (Or perhaps a more.. "conventional" swallowing pleasure? smile )

2. I assume there was an additional power included? Otherwise, how would he even know the power was passed on the first time? (Unless they DIDN'T know, and it was only discovered on the second pass..)

This means All Might must have been seriously impressed to break with his idea of empowering a gifted student. This means NO powers will be added this generation, at all. (Unless All Might himself had no quirk..)

I also don't recall AM really telling how he got his injury, so I'm going to assume his own power did it to him. That's why self sacrifice is such an important priority, because the power is basically coming at the expense of life long crippling pain at best, and a shortened life span at worst.. The "gift" literally kills you in serving the public.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 07:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now THAT is how you do an awesome anime adaptation!

One season down, and it's simply AMAZING!. It's like the complete opposite of Dragon Ball Super, where instead of struggling to choke down even a single episode, you can easily inhale the entire series like it's Walter White's 99% chemically pure "Blue Sky".

Can't recommend this enough to anyone who likes watching something good.

Or you can see Dragon Ball Super, your choice. wink

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 02:36 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

There is no way to stop people from watching DBS. Unfortunate since it really is just fine at best and actually bad at worst.

That said My Hero is very solid though incredibly overrated in my humble opinion.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 02:40 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

When I watch/read Boku No Hero Academia, I can feel an author who has put his sweat and soul into the storytelling. I just don't get that feeling with DBS.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 04:56 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So this is the unofficial successor to Naruto that Q was talking about 3 years ago.

I'm starting to read the manga and I have to say its pretty good.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 09:01 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So this is the unofficial successor to Naruto that Q was talking about 3 years ago.

I'm starting to read the manga and I have to say its pretty good.

It's pretty much "Rock Lee: The series".

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 12:54 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It's actually basically just an inferior version of Hajime no Ippo.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 02:09 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by AuraAngel
It's actually basically just an inferior version of Hajime no Ippo.
You know, if HnI didn't feel like the author was trying to milk the cow till it dies (which it does with its 1185 chapters and plot that has been in complete stagnation for 400+ chapters now), I'd probably agree. I came very close to dropping it after Ippo lost to Gonzales.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 03:24 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

If the milk is fine I don't mind it lol. MHA will be milked as well I assure you. This is Shonen Jump.

MHA is fine but I genuinely don't really understand the fanaticism behind it. The Promised Neverland is better as far as new Jump goes.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 01:10 PM