KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I am thoroughly enjoying this show.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 05:10 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah its hella entertaining.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah Thats annoying. I suggest people put fan theories in spoiler tags from now on.

Yeah, good idea. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by Robtard
He's the best character on the show, just can't see Starfleet keeping a guy from a parallel universe; one that is build on fear, subjugation and murder, as Captain to one of their ship

MU Lorca tried to overthrow the Emperor, but likely to become Emperor himself. Stands to reason this guy is as cutthroat as any human in his universe.

I have a sneaking suspicion Burnham is going to get a promotion soon. I think it would stretch believability if Lorca was captain after all of this.

One thing I am wondering now is if Landry was MU too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 08:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Oh okay, so now Tyler's rape wasn't actually rape it was some Klingon dude forcing a female Klingon to take care of his dirty, greasy bat'leth.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:12 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-

I have a sneaking suspicion Burnham is going to get a promotion soon. I think it would stretch believability if Lorca was captain after all of this.

One thing I am wondering now is if Landry was MU too.

Would it be that much crazier to give a mutineer and felon a Captaincy?

Though I'm thinking the prime universe Lorka will show up and come back to be Captain of the Discovery. That way the same actor can be used and only need a few tweaks to his personality. Unless the prime Lorka is somewhat of cool calculating bastard too.

Ah, good call on that one, totally forgot about her; she was rather vengeful, could see her being from the MU as well and that brings up a very good question, was Lorka the only one to switch places?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by samhain
Oh okay, so now Tyler's rape wasn't actually rape it was some Klingon dude forcing a female Klingon to take care of his dirty, greasy bat'leth.

TBF, if these new Klingons are anything like TNG Klingons when it comes to sex/procreation, then all Klingon sex involves some sort of rape-y behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hNMwxY4-Vk

BTW, I'd totally go there

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 10:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hopefully once the merger goes through then the Klingons can actually look like Klingons

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Would it be that much crazier to give a mutineer and felon a Captaincy?

Though I'm thinking the prime universe Lorka will show up and come back to be Captain of the Discovery. That way the same actor can be used and only need a few tweaks to his personality. Unless the prime Lorka is somewhat of cool calculating bastard too.

Ah, good call on that one, totally forgot about her; she was rather vengeful, could see her being from the MU as well and that brings up a very good question, was Lorka the only one to switch places?

I've given up the hope that this will be anything like the Trek I'm used to, so sure, why not (though it was nice to see Andorians and Tellarites looking decent).

I could see that @ prime Lorca. I mean, we know he was a Starfleet captain beforehand.

Yeah, pretty much. And they were SUPER close.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hopefully once the merger goes through then the Klingons can actually look like Klingons

They're staying as is, but we're supposed to learn more info on their backstory though, apparently they're from a far older house and maybe an offshoot.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 06:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So I'm assuming this next season will involve time-travel plots, with the Discovery trying to go back 9months to where it initially left and the Fed-Kling war was still ongoing.

Also looks like Saru will be acting captain for at least this season.

With the way MU Lorca died, makes me wonder if they're indeed going to do some plot where Prime Lorca is alive and was somehow sent back to the Prime universe.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 05:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

They're staying as is, but we're supposed to learn more info on their backstory though, apparently they're from a far older house and maybe an offshoot.

well i guess i can live with their looks

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty much, they look silly af, but it doesn't ruin the show for me.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 06:30 PM
Darth Thor

With the way MU Lorca died, makes me wonder if they're indeed going to do some plot where Prime Lorca is alive and was somehow sent back to the Prime universe.

Was disappointed that they went the full villain route with him, but then we only had 1 episode of him being the villain.

And yeah too sudden a death for such a big character. Prime Lorca has to show up now.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:22 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think they'd be foolish to not use Prime Lorca in some way. This show has gotten immensely better since the opening couple of episodes.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:04 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was disappointed that they went the full villain route with him, but then we only had 1 episode of him being the villain.

And yeah too sudden a death for such a big character. Prime Lorca has to show up now.
Originally posted by samhain
I think they'd be foolish to not use Prime Lorca in some way. This show has gotten immensely better since the opening couple of episodes.

Wondering if they'll use the way MU Lorca died in that spore-power-generator as a means to spore-transport Prime Lorca's ass back into the Prime universe

For sure, was about to give up after the first two eps, then it picked up in the 3rd ep

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh shit, thought the season ended last week.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:54 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Me too. I guess it's the show that keeps on giving. The last 2 episodes have actually felt like season finales to me which I suppose is to their credit, if I hadn't caught the 'next episode' bit at the end I might not have known myself. While some may gag at the budget you have to admit that it looks amazing, almost movie quality.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:41 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty decent finale.. t'was fun seeing michelle yeoh kick ass...

also liked seeing the Enterprise

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 04:53 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The final felt a bit rushed, like they tried to fit too much in the 48minutes. But all a good season/show.

Am looking forward to Cpt. Pike and the Enterprise, it's possible we could see a young Spock, as he was on the ship under Pike before Kirk came along.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 08:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I still feel like this show ranges from good to bad at least once per episode, almost jarringly at times. It's not a bad show in general, but the writing needs to be improved going in to the next season.

As much as I liked that bit at the end, it was still hard not to roll my eyes every time someone said the word "Federation" or "Starfleet" as it seemed almost disingenuous.

I do want to see season 2 though, so that's something at least.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 03:11 AM