KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
The final felt a bit rushed, like they tried to fit too much in the 48minutes. But all a good season/show.

Am looking forward to Cpt. Pike and the Enterprise, it's possible we could see a young Spock, as he was on the ship under Pike before Kirk came along.

do you think they 'll use archival footage or hire someone for Spock

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 03:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If Spock's in it, I'd assume they're casting someone for the role, a younger someone.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If they could get Quinto, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Otherwise... It would be a tall order for any actor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 06:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Quinto would be great, and given hes originally a Tv guy anyway it shouldnt be an impossibility.

That said given theyve recast The rest of Spocks family, they will likely recast Spock as well.

The final felt a bit rushed, like they tried to fit too much in the 48minutes. But all a good season/show.

Am looking forward to Cpt. Pike and the Enterprise, it's possible we could see a young Spock, as he was on the ship under Pike before Kirk came along.

Yeah aside from the end teaser was an underwhelming finale.

And damn give us Prime Lorca already.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 03:08 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Show is overall good with lots of potential. Far season 2 I think Spock will be recast and they will hopefully focus on some exploration.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 12:15 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's gone full CW.

Trip to another universe where racist, xenophobic humans oppress everyone else.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 11:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nominated for 5 Saturn Awards, and Jason Isaacs wins Empire award for best actor:

http://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/2...-empire-awards/

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:48 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anson Mount has been cast as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Christopher Pike. Dude's a really good actor, so sounds good to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nominated for 5 Saturn Awards, and Jason Isaacs wins Empire award for best actor:

http://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/2...-empire-awards/

Proof that Awards are pretty pointless.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 07:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
Anson Mount has been cast as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Christopher Pike. Dude's a really good actor, so sounds good to me.

Not sure that's spoiler worthy and I don't have much exposure to the actor, but I am looking forward to seeing Pike on the Enterprise and what they do with it. Still kinda hoping we get a younger Spock in this.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 07:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I want a new TNG series Kurtzman...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...anchise-1104232

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 08:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah but I dont want Patrick Stewart back. Simply because I dont want the adventures of Retired Picard.

But with a rumoured 5 new series in the works including an animated series:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-a-ne...-1826956945/amp

not to mention more Kelvin timeline films, looks like its a good time to be a Trekkie.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 10:49 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but I dont want Patrick Stewart back. Simply because I dont want the adventures of Retired Picard.

But with a rumoured 5 new series in the works including an animated series:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-a-ne...-1826956945/amp

not to mention more Kelvin timeline films, looks like its a good time to be a Trekkie.

I could never look at Jean Luc Picard the same way after Blunt Talk anyways.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 11:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Am excited over more Trek shows, don't want Captain Picard back, Stewart's too old and Picard would be a Admiral by now, his days of adventuring the galaxy are over. I also don't want some "he was demoted" spin like Kirk had in the ToS films.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:06 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They need to bring Sisko back.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:30 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by cdtm

he did lol

Am excited over more Trek shows, don't want Captain Picard back, Stewart's too old and Picard would be a Admiral by now, his days of adventuring the galaxy are over. I also don't want some "he was demoted" spin like Kirk had in the ToS films.

what about Worf being Captain?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 02:04 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm

Avery Brooks is also too old. Plus hes a bit loopy now.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

what about Worf being Captain?

Michael Dorn past it as well now.

Need fresh takes on these characters if they are revisited. Like Pine and Quinto did for Kirk/Spock.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 02:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Brooks was always loopy iirc.

I don't think Dorn is up for it anymore. I know they talked about the Captain Worf thing, but I just don't see it. I also read that he doesn't have the best relationship with CBS because apparently, he sued them for damages when the glue that held Worf's prosthetics on his head actually damaged his skin.

==

The showrunner for Discovery got sacked for sexually inappropriate behaviour and Alex ****ing Kurtzman is taking over. This could be a ****ing trainwreck.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 05:41 AM
Darth Thor

^ Was it sexual harassment? Damn. That shit seems to be everywhere.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 07:37 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

^ Was it sexual harassment? Damn. That shit seems to be everywhere.

That's what I read, but then I double-checked, and apparently they were just straight-up assholes to the writing staff. So a justified firing either way.

I really hope season 2 is an improvement either way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 10:13 AM