KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol, true.

I like to put that, though, along with things like McCoy's borderline racism, more in the bracket of "that's just how things were at the time". Not that it was right, but I won't hold it against Pike when he could only be represented by the writers of the time.

Oh its definitely a product of the time thats aged terribly. I just find it amusing, but at the same time accept theres things like that (Spock with a big grin on his face in the same episode) which we should just ignore from continuity.

Originally posted by -Pr-

Losing him and Pike when they **** off back to the Enterprise is gonna really, really hurt Discovery though, I think.

==

Definitely, but then I thought the same thing about losing Lorca, but Pike might be even better. So will just have to wait and see what the Captain of season 3 will bring to the table.

Only 3 episodes left of this season, so im guessing Pike will last the season.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 12:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Darth Thor
but at the same time accept theres things like that (Spock with a big grin on his face in the same episode) which we should just ignore from continuity.

That was already explained with Spock being half-Human.

It's not a continuity-error. smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 05:16 PM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Racism?

"Your mother was a calculator, father an encyclopedia."

Even today, that scene is hilarious.

And

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 10:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Another filler-ish episode, hope it's because they're saving it all up for the last couple of episodes.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 05:17 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I liked the Pike stuff. I had been wondering if they'd ever address it, so it was something that definitely caught my interest. Ash Tyler's whole arc just gets more interesting, though every time he says Kahless with a "sh" sound, I want to slap him in his silly face.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh its definitely a product of the time thats aged terribly. I just find it amusing, but at the same time accept theres things like that (Spock with a big grin on his face in the same episode) which we should just ignore from continuity.

Definitely, but then I thought the same thing about losing Lorca, but Pike might be even better. So will just have to wait and see what the Captain of season 3 will bring to the table.

Only 3 episodes left of this season, so im guessing Pike will last the season.

Thinking so. I wonder who'll be Captain next season.

Originally posted by cdtm
Racism?

"Your mother was a calculator, father an encyclopedia."

Even today, that scene is hilarious.

And

Link don't work for me.

==

In the previews for next week, we got a brief glimpse of the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Enterprise and its bridge. Can't say I'm too thrilled with how much they've changed, tbh, though I still want to get a better look at it to be sure.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Apr 6th, 2019 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2019 01:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

last nights ep was meh but liked how Pike was shown to be what he'll look like from the menagerie episode

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 6th, 2019 03:59 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Episode was fine. Mostly more of the same. Next week is part two of the finale, so i'll be tuning in and hoping that the show finally grows its damn beard, as unlikely as that is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 08:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Finale was, yet again, more of the same. The writing is inconsistent, and while the interior stuff during the battle was good, the exterior battle scenes themselves were... Kinda poor. It was like they watched a ton of Star Wars and BSG without learning anything from them, or that Star Trek tends to approach space combat differently as a franchise.

Nice to see beam phasers again, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 06:27 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finale was ok, the season as a whole was boring.. the section 31 storyline and Klingons were the best parts, but that isn't saying much. I will assume season 3 will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the show being rename Enterprise or Discovery will be in the beta quadrant

oh well can't until Patrick's show which might debut in the fall

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 09:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

NG comics have been the best of Trek. Since they're canon, hopefully that carries into the show.

Wouldn't mind Mirror Universe counterparts being recurring villains, assuming they haven't been killed off in some comic.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 10:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
finale was ok, the season as a whole was boring.. the section 31 storyline and Klingons were the best parts, but that isn't saying much. I will assume season 3 will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the show being rename Enterprise or Discovery will be in the beta quadrant

oh well can't until Patrick's show which might debut in the fall

when i wrote this earlier i meant to say [SPOILER - highlight to read]: them going into the future

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 03:17 AM
Darth Thor

Well was kind of fun watching Enterprise and Discovery fight together.

But glad they are moving forward in Canon.

Old Post May 12th, 2019 02:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay so I ended up trying to give this series another shot. Once I got to the mirror universe storyline the show really picked up. I'm on the season 1 finale now.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2019 01:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Spore drive that can jump to anywhere in the universe? What spore drive that can jump to anywhere in the universe?"-Crew of USS Voyager

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 03:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Great show. Finally enjoyed something of the regular timeline.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 09:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

non-binary and trans characters have been added..

https://deadline.com/2020/09/star-t...ion-1234568890/

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 06:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm sure they'll handle their characters with care and sensitivity.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 04:54 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
non-binary and trans characters have been added..

https://deadline.com/2020/09/star-t...ion-1234568890/

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 05:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember that episode of TNG where Riker nearly f*cks a chick from a planet without gender? Though some mutants are born feeling more like a male or female(hence Riker trying to bang) and are quickly identified and purged of those feelings. It's a tragic episode cuz "she" gets purged of those feelings before he even can touch a boob. It was devastating.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 05:38 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So are any of the new Star Trek shows any good?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 06:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote