KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Into the Badlands

Into the Badlands
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

That is what makes Wheelchair Guy F-ing Awesome!! You can't TELL what way he is going to go. Unlike the doorknobs that pass for Villains on TWD. I kinda hope WCG double crosses the Widow and takes over the Whole Sheebang and becomes Head Bad Ass Dude!

Ya for Handicapable Baddies!

Oh and Bajie rockes too. Hope he sticks around for at least the whole season.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 11:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That is what makes Wheelchair Guy F-ing Awesome!! You can't TELL what way he is going to go. Unlike the doorknobs that pass for Villains on TWD. I kinda hope WCG double crosses the Widow and takes over the Whole Sheebang and becomes Head Bad Ass Dude!

Ya for Handicapable Baddies!

Oh and Bajie rockes too. Hope he sticks around for at least the whole season.

Well, technically, his name is Waldo. stick out tongue

But yeah, he is a good character. He knows how to position himself where he can influence events without appearing threatening. And I like how he calls people out on their BS, yet plays his cards close to the chest. Was also pretty entertaining in S1 when he stomped noob MK using only one arm, while in his wheelchair.

Bajie should still be around for a while. He is listed as a main cast member for the season. His character is also good because it actually makes sense. The Badlands, and the surrounding world, is a f****** shithole. So, a character acting the way he does to survive is realistic. He is pretty much using Sunny, because he knows his survival rate goes up if he has arguably the most skilled Clipper alive as an ally.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 05:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

WCG can handle himself in a fight!

Quinn's brain tumor must be affecting his judgement.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 03:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Was still funny to see all the other Barons look like they were about to shit themselves when he stepped into that courtyard. It was cool to see them in action though. And I am glad that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ryder is finally dead though. He was a pathetic loser, and an embarrassment of a Baron.

Then again, he is listed as being in 16 episodes, so he might pull a Quinn himself.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 10th, 2017 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 06:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by cdtm
WCG can handle himself in a fight!

Quinn's brain tumor must be affecting his judgement.

From that x-ray it looked like he had more Tumor then Brain. So yeah he gotta be the full on KooKooMahChooChoo at this point.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2017 10:08 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, if nothing else, he's managed to piss off pretty much everyone.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:53 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

what happened on this past Sunday's show? I forgot to set the dvr

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 02:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what happened on this past Sunday's show? I forgot to set the dvr

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: They had the conclave between the Barons. The Widow tried to plead her case, but Ryder was more convincing, and the other Barons voted with him to strip Widow of her title and lands. But Quinn decided to gate crash the party, and attacked the mansion with a force of his own Clippers. The only notable casualty was Ryder though, who Quinn himself killed. That scene was pretty good, as it showed not only how easily Quinn could dominate Ryder in a fight (seriously, it was like watching an RL adult beat up a 10-year-old), but how batshit insane that tumor is making him.

We also got to see what all the other Barons look like, as well as watch them in action a bit. Unsurprisingly, all of them were depicted as being highly skilled fighters, like Quinn, Widow, and the late Jacobee was. Ryder was the only Baron who was weak as shit, and literally climbed through a window to run away the moment he saw his father (not that it helped much in the end).

Veil also tried to escape while Quinn and most of his men were away, killing the Clipper left to guard her, but ultimately failing in getting out of the compound.

No Sunny and Bajie in the episode though.

It sets things up rather interestingly now though. Because the rest of the Barons have basically declared war on both the Widow (because she refused to give up her land and title) and Quinn (because he surprise attacked them and killed several of their Clippers), so we can expect a serious bloodbath to come.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 05:36 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like Bajie might have been stronger then Sunny at one point. The Abbott guy said he had dark power and everything.

Clearly, he's let himself go since.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 03:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's pretty entertaining. It's set in a post-apocalyptic, feudal-style world, with supernatural elements to it. And the fight choreography shits on most other shows, especially recent disappointments like Iron Fist.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
At the moment it's my favourite show on TV.

I appreciate the input. I'll start it today

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 05:08 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah, Bajie is a fun character but sadly, since it is Nick Frost it probably means he will be killed off at the end of the season, cause to save the money.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 11:51 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Any speculation on what happened at the end of last episode?

My guess is: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sonny just got an upgrade.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:29 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I actually interpreted that a bit differently. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Abbott knew it was game over for him, so did some Dark One chi shenanigans to hurt Sunny and force them to return to the Master to help him. So, even in death, the Abbot would succeed in making M.K. (and apparently Bajie) return to a place they both heavily despise.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:52 AM
riv6672

I actually interpreted that a bit differently. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Abbott knew it was game over for him, so did some Dark One chi shenanigans to hurt Sunny and force them to return to the Master to help him. So, even in death, the Abbot would succeed in making M.K. (and apparently Bajie) return to a place they both heavily despise.

Thats what i thought, too.

My spouse watches the show, and i only pay moderate attention, so who knows.
Actually watched this last night, and saw this thread on the front page so popped in to say 'hi'

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 10:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yeah, that was my other thought.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 10:32 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same. Dark monk didn't have any reason to help him, and the siezure's happened right after those pressure point attacks.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:06 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Any speculation on what happened at the end of last episode?

My guess is: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Sonny just got an upgrade.

That would not surprise me.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:00 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Abbot was a beast.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 09:20 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Wonder if someone will use the "Healing Power Magic" on Quinn to save him from his brain tumor?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2017 09:58 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Possible, but his batshit antics are rather entertaining. I vote heal the tumor but keep the crazy.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2017 04:03 AM