KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Thor vs Link

Thor vs Link
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm not sure how me commenting on two games I've played while also supporting your position in the debate made you so incredibly butthurt, but it makes me feel special regardless. Thanks.
Spreading misconceptions is never helpful when I'm here to clear them up. thumb up
Originally posted by One Big Mob
So we're all under the opinion that TP Link with the Golden Gauntlets would decapitate Mjolnir then?

The question then turns into wondering if Mjolnir could handle Master Sword blasts before Link got close enough to gut Thor

Serious question, is this guy trolling? No one else seems to be acknowledging him.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 01:20 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

I'd assume he is trolling, probably best just ignoring him

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 01:23 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Thor's hammer has been destroyed by Perrikus, Destroyer's hand blast, clashing with 2 faux Mjolnir's, smashing it off Bor who just lost to Angela, Molecule Man, Mephisto, and channeling a Godblast through it.

Color me shocked if the most powerful weapon in Zelda doesn't destroy it as well.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 01:42 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Which master sword?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 01:49 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Which master sword?
I don't understand this question.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 02:09 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Time line split. One has a sun inside it, one held a continent in a time-lock, and one was reforged to be four times stronger and made of gold. I'm also pretty sure it existed before it was turned into the goddess sword as well, but my memory on that is a little shacky.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 02:15 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Spreading misconceptions is never helpful when I'm here to clear them up. thumb up
What misconception is that my butthurt friend?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 02:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Time line split. One has a sun inside it, one held a continent in a time-lock, and one was reforged to be four times stronger and made of gold. I'm also pretty sure it existed before it was turned into the goddess sword as well, but my memory on that is a little shacky.
Golden sword is non-canon, ALBW shows it was not reforged, it was an optional thing.

The sun thing is valid, but the MS's ability to hold either two continents (Hyrule spans two continents as per HH) or more likely the world beneath the great sea is not tied to any upgrades.

The sun thing isn't really relevant to fighting Thor, though. And yeah, the MS did exist before being the Goddess Sword, it was originally a sword made by gods to be used only be them, and the first Hero reforged it in his spirit or something. Somehow it later became the Goddess Sword, and SS Link later turned it into what it basically is in every game after, with the exception of the sols in the one timeline.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 02:40 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Ganon is not a good metric for physical toughness, physical harm means nothing to him. Though there are several other moments in TP that can be used to scale the two Links to one another.

There's the first one that comes to mind, there's another which we already sorted out privately, which was a matter of your post missing a comma.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 02:46 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 03:04 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
2013 is not "recent", you'd be better off pointing out how Thor and Hyperion fought the beyonders. That was actually relatively recent. Also, no one has even begun discussing comicbook Thor, and I'm basically only here to clear up misconceptions. The number of which I'm seeing seems to be on the rise.
for a character that has been active since '62 its fairly recent.

So you agree Comic Thor wins easily?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 04:21 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Thor's hammer has been destroyed by Perrikus, Destroyer's hand blast, clashing with 2 faux Mjolnir's, smashing it off Bor who just lost to Angela, Molecule Man, Mephisto, and channeling a Godblast through it.

Color me shocked if the most powerful weapon in Zelda doesn't destroy it as well.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 02:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

How fast is comic Thor?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 12:27 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

How fast is comic Thor?

Even composite Link cannot compete with Comic Thor physically, the guy is FTL and as was posted earlier can destroy planets with the shockwaves of his strikes. Thor without the idiot ball in hand is also very versatile, so if Link had the ToP or something (it's composite, so maybe this is the case?) Thor could overcome it.

Movie Thor is going down, though.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 12:40 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Both alttp an Ss used the full triforce. It should be in play.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 12:43 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Both alttp an Ss used the full triforce. It should be in play.
ALBW did as well, and IIRC at the end of Zelda II Link had the whole thing, too.

The completed Triforce is a fun can of worms. I'd rather cross that river when I get to it, than have the discussion happen now and drown out the debate about MCU Thor.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 01:03 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I don't think i've seen an argument for MCU Thor yet.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 01:24 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I don't think i've seen an argument for MCU Thor yet.

Three pages of argument about how magic gloves even work seems to have derailed things.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 01:34 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Gauntlets, not gloves. Play a Zelda game would ya.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 03:49 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Gauntlets, not gloves. Play a Zelda game would ya.
thumb up

Lot of wiki debators in this thread.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 03:52 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote