KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC: Rebirth

DC: Rebirth
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So does this mean that the Watchmen characters are being introduced into the DCU as mainstream characters?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 29th, 2016 09:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So does this mean that the Watchmen characters are being introduced into the DCU as mainstream characters?
If issue #1 is any indication, then it certainly seems that way.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 29th, 2016 09:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I can't wait to see what happens next.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 30th, 2016 04:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
I can't wait to see what happens next.

Batman beating up everybody big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 30th, 2016 06:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I can't wait for Tom King's Batman and Christopher Priest's Deathstorke. Among other runs like BOP, Batgirl, and Nightwing. Williams on Flash looks awesome, too.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 06:28 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So I was just looking at this preview page, which features "The Hand of Rebirth"(supposedly Doctor Manhattan's hand) in the upper-left corner:
(please log in to view the image)

But when I started looking closer, it almost looks like a gloved hand to me:

...If so, that wouldn't really be consistent with the 'classic' Dr. M we all know and love.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 5th, 2016 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 01:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Could be Ozy?

I mean it's almost certain he'll be involved somehow.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 05:22 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ozy is also gloveless, and has distinct wrist-gear:

...Though it's entirely possible that Johns retooled the costumes as well. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 5th, 2016 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 05:44 PM
Senor Cage

Green Arrow Rebirth sold over 90,000 copies. One of the highest selling in recent history. It's still early, but Rebirth has been solid so far.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...er-90000-copies

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 06:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

BTW, some speculate that MR. OZ is actually Ozymandias.

http://www.newsarama.com/29475-dcu-...ozymandias.html

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 06:49 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If that's true then why isn't he a blue man?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 06:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zack M
BTW, some speculate that MR. OZ is actually Ozymandias.

http://www.newsarama.com/29475-dcu-...ozymandias.html
Yeah, I saw that a few days ago--I'd be surprised if it wasn't him, honestly. Looking back at it now, Johns certainly laid out quite a few subtle Watchmen-esque clues that didn't mean shit a year ago, so nobody really caught on. However, those clues certainly mean a hell of a lot now. thumb up

Originally posted by Kazenji
If that's true then why isn't he a blue man?
Because Dr. Manhattan is the blue guy.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 02:34 PM
Senor Cage

So, will Ozymandias be the Dr. Doom of the DCU?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 06:16 PM
Senor Cage

And if Hickman writes for the DCU (Even if it's only one title), will he write Ozymandias? That would be a dream come true.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 06:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zack M
And if Hickman writes for the DCU (Even if it's only one title), will he write Ozymandias? That would be a dream come true.
Couldn't agree more. thumb up

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 06:38 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i've never been a huge watchmen fan. i liked the series well enough, but i didn't see it as this huge game-changer it's been made to be. if ozy becomes this...uber guy, i'd be a bit disappointed tbh. it would seem to go very much away from what his original intent was. at least imo. that's my whole problem with making the watchmen into more than they were--they were cool BECAUSE they were 'real life' style heroes, not universe busters and creators. they feel like they're just going to be turned into more of the same. and that would be unfortunate imo.

as regards the first group of books--i liked them well enough. the superman arc will be interesting. the doomsday superman is pretty classic, obviously but i'm still not sure exactly how i feel about him sort of re-assuming the mantle i guess. he seemed the lesser of the supermen, though he really shouldn't have been so it will be interesting to see how it goes. i thought the lanterns was ok--but really, ANOTHER guardian, with ANOTHER ring??? wtf?? is this a rainbow ring? seems pretty....unoriginal. i liked green arrow and thought bats was the best of the bunch. looking forward to the others coming out.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 10:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
i've never been a huge watchmen fan. i liked the series well enough, but i didn't see it as this huge game-changer it's been made to be. if ozy becomes this...uber guy, i'd be a bit disappointed tbh. it would seem to go very much away from what his original intent was. at least imo. that's my whole problem with making the watchmen into more than they were--they were cool BECAUSE they were 'real life' style heroes, not universe busters and creators. they feel like they're just going to be turned into more of the same. and that would be unfortunate imo.
I am also not a huge fan of the original story as a whole(especially that random world-ending alien octopus thing at the end..Da fuk?), but I have always loved Dr. Manhattan's characterization. I enjoyed not only seeing how a regular human would cope with suddenly gaining nigh-omnipotence, but also seeing him slowly lose touch with humanity. Loved that aspect of the character/story, at least(it was done just as well in Before Watchmen, imo.)

Gotta say, though: given Johns' penchant for taking obscure characters and cranking them up to the nth degree, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Ozy ends up being some type of Doom-analogue who has been masterminding all of the DCU's current shenanigans... Or if Manhattan has become some type of Supreme Being-analogue over the DCU.

Hope that doesn't end up being the case, because it would really cheapen the characters for me.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 11:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

You guys are absolutely right. I used to cringe at debates with Watchmen characters in the vs. forum for the exact same reasons. I felt like it was missing the point to think about them that way.

BUT.

I just don't care enough anymore. I'm kinda tickled by the whole thing, because it has the air of a fanboy fever dream. They know their demographics. Sales will probably wane again in a year once they inevitably f*ck this reboot up. But fans will eat up this particular arc like pudding.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 12:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

can't say you're about any of that....

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 12:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Digi has become a hollow shade of the man you once knew... stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 01:32 PM